FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Official post regarding Monstrosity info announced at Vana TV event:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post5848786

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Job abilities of your jobs!?! Heck yeah. Especially since both jobs are same lvl. Can't wait till I can chainspell meteor (assuming we get sp1) in some players

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Sucks for the people that don't like Monstrosity!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I like how he still needs some time to put together his response to magic in Monstrosity. He said the same exact thing a week ago.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Sucks for the people that don't like Monstrosity!
    They will learn to love it when hundreds of "King Behemoths" go around meteor spamming on the lines in Behemoths dominion

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lvling as monsters up in PTs oO, I can see it now! Whilring Claw-ing my weay up to 99 via Abyssea! (to bad you cant enter aby, yet)

or the shouts for a WHM job based monster as a healer lol

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Really hope they change the way magic works...I don't wanna level blm to 99 .-.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Curious how things like Brd will work. I'm sure Roc's will have at least one Brd skin, if not multiple. Adding JAs will go a long way to making jobs like Sam, War, Drg, Sch and others interesting. Just leaves the jobs that are heavily dependant on specific pieces of gear and other systems (Pld: shield, Brd: instruments, Geo: bells, Pup: animator/setting up Auto, Blu: setting spells) that will require other work arounds or adjustments.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Aside from NPCs, I don't recall there being a single monster in the game that could truly be considered a SCH (or for that matter, DNC, RUN, or GEO). Assuming they don't add beastmen or humanoid demons, you can probably count out all pet jobs, BLU, RNG, and NIN (particularly unsure on this one) as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thought beastmen was going to be an option...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Thought beastmen was going to be an option...
    That's what I'm thinking. Maybe not soon, maybe not for awhile, but someday for sure, even if its added on the game's deathbed, they'll make it so you can be your favorite beastmen. For all of them cept Goblin/Moblin, skins are kinda limited, but maybe they'd just change the weapon for the different jobs. When that day hits, it'll be kinda crazy when some of the mobs are more fun than actually playing your character due to 2x main jobs giving you access to all the dream setups we've always had.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I thought the concept were that beastmen were sentient, where as your every day crab was not.

Then again, all that gets thrown out the window with HNMs.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Aside from NPCs, I don't recall there being a single monster in the game that could truly be considered a SCH (or for that matter, DNC, RUN, or GEO). Assuming they don't add beastmen or humanoid demons, you can probably count out all pet jobs, BLU, RNG, and NIN (particularly unsure on this one) as well.
    There's a SCNM in Davoi thats a SCH Ahriman. Casts AoE versions of single Target spells and stuff. Most certainly a SCH Type though

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Most HNMs aren't sentient either, most likely.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    There's a SCNM in Davoi thats a SCH Ahriman. Casts AoE versions of single Target spells and stuff. Most certainly a SCH Type though
    There was plenty of nms that AOEd everything before sch was a job though

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There was plenty of nms that AOEd everything before sch was a job though
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/All-Seeing_Onyx_Eye

It casts Helix Spells as well as an innate AoE of Single target things. Its a SCH, I just forgot the Helix part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    I thought the concept were that beastmen were sentient, where as your every day crab was not.

Then again, all that gets thrown out the window with HNMs.
    These 'Mysterious strangers' that have let us possess mobs don't seem to be 100% White Hats in my opinion, and given the fact that I think they possess various bodies in the real world (Four floating ghost heads, four Mysterious strangers) I think they will have no moral compunctions about shoving sentient races minds out of their bodies to make room for us.

There is bad juju afoot with these dudes.

They will learn to love it when hundreds of "King Behemoths" go around meteor spamming on the lines in Behemoths dominion
    Finally, the age of zoneline camping monsters returns...only it's player monsters hovering in mobs waiting for some poor shmuck to zone in.

No, that would not end well.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

would be nice if they maybe hold some day a PvP contest and the winner gets its monster transformed into an actually NM/HNM with the traits instincts setup the player used! of course beefed up for adventurers, so there is a nice challenge to fight!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    would be nice if they maybe hold some day a PvP contest and the winner gets its monster transformed into an actually NM/HNM with the traits instincts setup the player used! of course beefed up for adventurers, so there is a nice challenge to fight!
    Screw that. make a new mob type and give the player the right to monstrosity as it on any server as they see fit without making it obvious they're player controlled. Just imagine how much fun it would have been to be that one mob that somehow acts smarter than it should be as it rapes everyone.