+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Dark Below     submit to reddit submit to twitter

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The Dark Below

From mmo-champ
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...eDarkBelow.png

Folks have pointed out this, hinting this is another WoW expansion. Might be a Blizzcon announcement but we're also awfully close to Gamescom.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Seems like it will be some related to WoW being that mmo-champ just posted "Diablo 3's next expansion is named "Reaper of Souls?". I guess we'll know soon. There is supposed to be an announcement on Aug 21 but I would assume that will be related to D3 and we'll get information about the WoW expansion at Blizzcon. Iirc, they've said 5.4 will be the last raid 'patch' so it makes sense for an expansion coming soon.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

lol

Quote Originally Posted by mmochamp
    Edit: Apparently the original news was too subtle, the "Corgis Unleashed" trademark was registered this morning for fun, as it turns out, there is absolutely no check and anyone can register something under Blizzard's name. This is an application, not a confirmation, you don't even need to pay the $275 application fee.

We probably jumped on the bandwagon a little early and I spent the past 24H double checking stuff since it was basically everywhere, I guess today is just not the day. Sorry guys, going to call the whole The Dark Below thing a hoax.

Ridill
    BG Level

If anything I would have leaned toward it being a second diablo expansion.

I will say it's pretty nutty to be a couple weeks from the final raid of the xpac and not have heard a single word about the next one.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I would have loved to have a raid of 100 violent rabid corgis that we'd have to destroy. WTF Blizz, get on the ball.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I posted this on the wow forums during my heyday early-Wrath.

* 8. Re: Under Water Mounts! 12/05/2008 09:07:31 AM CST

I had a nice long post written up, but it got eaten. So, here I go again. Anyway, I thought of this too when Wrath was announced, but I didn't think they'd add these. It doesn't really fit the theme of Wrath. Anyway, this is how I see it happening.

It seems likely that Blizzard will make a new expansion in a year or two, maybe three. One of several places it could be is Nazjatar, the underwater kingdom of the Naga. The neutral city could be Undermine, with direct access to the bottom of the ocean in the form of a tunnel to an underwater research station or something. To get around pre-swimming-mount, you could have Swim Paths to take you from hub to hub, much like Flight Paths. Training for underwater mounts would cost 1000, like Cold Weather Flying. It would require a skill of 150 (epic ground). Possible swimming mounts could be sea turtles with scuba gear for your character (all animal mounts would have it, actually. or maybe those old diving helmets), submarines (engineering, of course), threshadons, angler fish, whales, eels, dolphins, and all sorts of crazy deep sea creatures. maybe add a dragonflight that's been hidden since The Sundering and has adapted to life under the ocean.

Another addition could potentially be Goblins as a playable race- for both sides, with a shared language (which could make for some interesting situations). Their starting point could be Kezan Isle, with a boat to Stormwind, Darnassus, Steamwheedle Port (Maybe Booty Bay and Ratchet, too, but they've already got boats), and a Zeppelin to Orgrimmar, Undercity, and Dalaran (on a rickety structure attached to and sticking out from Krasus's Landing, as befitting Goblins). Perhaps even teleportation pads from Undermine to each of the major cities, including Shatt and Dalaran.

Blizzard could also take this opportunity to re-work Kalimdor and Azeroth to allow flying mounts. Fatigue would still prevent players from crossing continents on mounts, and maybe enact a no-fly zone over the capitals, to keep city-raids at the difficulty they're at now, as well as to reduce lag. Or just have flying guards, whatever.

Part of the storyline could include something to do with the Maelstrom and vanquishing the Old Gods once and for all, as well as Azshara, of course. And maybe Deathwing, he hasn't shown up for a while. Gilneas hasn't either, so perhaps they could open that up as a major faction city or something. Also Murlocs.

Sorry to hijack your thread with all this non-swimming-mount stuff, but I got a little caught up.

[ Post edited by Grukar ]
    There's still some stuff they haven't covered, like Azshara (the person)/Nazjatar (the zone in Cata barely touched on it) and more Old Gods. I'm tempted to reactivate so I can do the new Siege of Org, since my character's activity has paralleled Garrosh's, but fuck raiding and fuck dailies so that really doesn't leave much. I'd probably reactivate for a new expansion, though. Storyline is always fun.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

The new solo area (Timeless Isle) isn't going to have many dailies. It's supposed to be more open-ended / go at your own pace and will have a currency system and random drops that give you 496 / 535 gear.

There will be a questline with the last 6 steps being weekly quests that look like they'll lead up to announcing the next expansion (seems like it will be timed so that people will be doing the last step right around the time Blizzcon happens).

Granted, it's still the same game as it was when the expansion launched, but I think they realized people hate feeling like they're forced to do 50+ daily quests a day to keep up, and this might be a direction they're trying out as a better alternative to dailies. The storyline in MoP is definitely their best attempt yet at explaining the lore through the game as opposed to offscreening, and it's also the fastest they've been putting content out in years.

I imagine we'll start seeing more rumors/leaks about the next expansion leading up to Blizzcon, and there almost certainly have been / will be hints about it in the game itself.