1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    You can SB any crafting thing on DoW. I do AK runs in full electrum crafting accessories and my silly Gambler's crown.
    I was talking about ilvl 55 stuff, which is limited to militia tools, AF, and militia wrists.

Only the wrists can be worn by DoW.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Regarding + Spiritbond equipment, has anyone collected any data on how much a +1 gives vs equal lvl mobs and equipment? For example, if you wore 12 pieces of gear, and no spirit bond equipment, is that more efficient then 9 pieces with +5 total spirit bond?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I was talking about ilvl 55 stuff, which is limited to militia tools, AF, and militia wrists.
    and aetheryte rings

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Melding materia into gear has lower % than it shows, I just failed 15+ melds on a 19% socket, it has happened with three pieces already, I'm not even sure if materia melding past the second/third socket is even worth it money wise unless you stick in shitty materias, wasted 2 million on that shit already, not gonna do more.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    Melding materia into gear has lower % than it shows, I just failed 15+ melds on a 19% socket, it has happened with three pieces already, I'm not even sure if materia melding past the second/third socket is even worth it money wise unless you stick in shitty materias, wasted 2 million on that shit already, not gonna do more.
    You could say the same thing about crafting and gathering %. And yeah, you usually use low lv materias for forbidden.

Just because something with a ~4% chance of happening happened doesn't mean the game is rigged.

They call it a random number generator for a reason. Flipping heads 15 times in a row does not make it any more likely that the next flip will be tails.

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

I went 1/2 on quad tier IV, it's 50% meld rate for quad meld.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroishime View Post
    ................what?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm assuming he was being sarcastic as the dude who tried 19 melds doesn't understand probability.

Ah, sarcasm went over my head.

Anyway, which NPC removes materia now? I went to the gob but he just gives me the quests for advanced melding and such (which I don't need), do I have to complete them for him to do it?

edit: nvm, answered my own question

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroishime View Post
    I went 1/1 on my last quintuple meld D:

I know how probability works lol, I'm not saying it's rigged, but sometimes it surely makes you believe it is. Burned through 15-20 on the third materia slot with a IV, kept trying a IV since it was 29%, but that son of a ***** wouldn't stick, then went 1/3 on the 4th and 1/1 on the 5th... on way cheaper materias (III instead of IV), that's some bad luck there.

Anyway, not gonna try that again, if I decide to meld something it'll not be an ilvl70 item unless the price on materias drop quite a bit, which is not going to happen anytome soon.

Also had a ring which also gave me a hard time with the third meld but not so much with the fourth and fifth.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Melding materia into gear has lower % than it shows, I just failed 15+ melds on a 19% socket, it has happened with three pieces already,
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Anyway, which NPC removes materia now? I went to the gob but he just gives me the quests for advanced melding and such (which I don't need)
    Unless you mean that you don't need to do advanced melding, you do actually need to complete that quest in order to multi-meld, regardless of what your action list says.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm told the materia removal is reached by selecting "Small Talk" with Mutamix. If the quest is cockblocking you from reaching that, then you will need to complete it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Unless you mean that you don't need to do advanced melding, you do actually need to complete that quest in order to multi-meld, regardless of what your action list says.
    Legacy people that did the 1.0 quest equivalent already had advanced melding but the quest was still available (like job skills/AF quests).

I edited my post a bit after I made it, yea I had to do the quest anyway for him to give the option to remove.

In other news: I now have to convert my beloved Dodore+1 that cheated the system by being a lvl 47 piece with a TIV materia (converted cracked from 1.0).

It's so hard to say goodbye....looking forward to the water materia III it gives me.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Sorry if it is somewhere in here already, but is there a way to know the cap on a stat for a piece of gear before you put materia into it?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

When you're on the screen for putting melding the stats will be red if adding it will reach the cap.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

So no way to know before I get materia?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Legacy people that did the 1.0 quest equivalent already had advanced melding but the quest was still available (like job skills/AF quests).
    Incorrect.

I have a legacy Gambler's Crown (meaning I definitely unlocked multimeld in 1.0) and I had to complete the quest to unlock multi-meld, even though the icon said "Advanced Materia Melding".

Have you completed the ARR multimeld quest? If not, have you done a multimeld?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I completely forgot that HQ gear gains spiritbond faster than NQ gear. When my botanist hit 40 I crafted and bought myself an entirely new piece of gear for every single slot. The ilvls range from 35 to 41. I then proceeded to gather 863 of a level 34 item. Every HQ piece of equipment is currently at 60% while every NQ piece of equipment is at 51%.

I'm concerned about having the same gains on multiple ilevels though. To be exact I have 35, 37, 38, 39, 40, and 41. I had thought they'd gain at different rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Incorrect.

I have a legacy Gambler's Crown (meaning I definitely unlocked multimeld in 1.0) and I had to complete the quest to unlock multi-meld, even though the icon said "Advanced Materia Melding".

Have you completed the ARR multimeld quest? If not, have you done a multimeld?
    I was wearing my quad-meld crafting accessories as I was offered the quest.

Legacy can multi-meld from the start, it's why we have it unlocked in the actions menu.

You either ran into a bug or overlooked something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast