1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Incorrect.

I have a legacy Gambler's Crown (meaning I definitely unlocked multimeld in 1.0) and I had to complete the quest to unlock multi-meld, even though the icon said "Advanced Materia Melding".

Have you completed the ARR multimeld quest? If not, have you done a multimeld?
    Incorrect.

I -still- haven't completed the meld-meld quest (however, it is in my quest log, if that matters), and look at my gear. I did all those dang melds myself except for the GSM ones.

In order to get the multi-meld ability, you have to meld in front of the goblin? Ain't nobody got time for that. I'll complete it someday...

You have to do it for him to offer materia removal, only reason why I bothered.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Regarding + Spiritbond equipment, has anyone collected any data on how much a +1 gives vs equal lvl mobs and equipment? For example, if you wore 12 pieces of gear, and no spirit bond equipment, is that more efficient then 9 pieces with +5 total spirit bond?
    Does anyone have an answer to this? What exactly does the +spiritbind stat translate to? Using Kachiko's example, it's +5 spiritbond vs. 3 additional pieces of gear being ready for conversion. If you only have a few spots that are available for conversion (let's say you keep half your good gear on for AK runs), the benefit of the spiritbond+ stat is diminished as I see it. But if +5 spiritbond like halves the conversion time, it's something worth considering.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I was told way back in 1.0 that each +1 was a +1% to spiritbond rate. I'm still operating under that assumption, but I haven't done any testing, nor have I seen any done. Stacking +spiritbond gear has never seemed to speed the process by any visible means, so I tend to eschew such gear in favor of more gear to convert.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, unless certain slots like body/legs/feet/hands/waist are found to have some sort of significantly higher rate of getting something good through conversion, it's not worth halving your materia output just for a spiritbond rate increase of ~7%. (Assuming +1 = 1%.)

Out of sheer boredom, I might try to test this crap later since I just got my Gambler's Crown.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Asking here because i'm wondering if I screwed myself. I took all of my 1.0 gear with cracked materia on it and sent it to my new character I rolled from the same account then deleted my original 1.0 character. When I go to the calamity salvager NPC to exchange the gear affixed with cracked materia for tokens, he gives me a generic blurb about cracked materia and no options to exchange it. Is it not letting me because I'm not on a 1.0 character only a 1.0 account, or is there a different NPC that does this?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    You have to do it for him to offer materia removal, only reason why I bothered.

False I have the multimeld quest Active and I can still multi meld and make the goblin remove materia

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    Asking here because i'm wondering if I screwed myself. I took all of my 1.0 gear with cracked materia on it and sent it to my new character I rolled from the same account then deleted my original 1.0 character. When I go to the calamity salvager NPC to exchange the gear affixed with cracked materia for tokens, he gives me a generic blurb about cracked materia and no options to exchange it. Is it not letting me because I'm not on a 1.0 character only a 1.0 account, or is there a different NPC that does this?
    No, that's the right NPC. This is the first time I've heard about this, but if that's what you're getting, I can't think of any other explanation except that it has to be delievered on a 1.0 account. I think your best bet at this point is to find a 1.0 player and see if they'll buy it off of you.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    No, that's the right NPC. This is the first time I've heard about this, but if that's what you're getting, I can't think of any other explanation except that it has to be delievered on a 1.0 account. I think your best bet at this point is to find a 1.0 player and see if they'll buy it off of you.
    Man thats fucking stupid... Just verified that you can't exchange them except on a 1.0 character...being on a 1.0 account doesnt matter. I looked and still had a 1.0 mule still active on the same account, traded a piece of gear with cracked materia on it to my wife, she sent it to the old mule and he was able to pull up the exchange window with now issues.. Just lost around 1200-1500 tokens.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Well, you can at least make a chunk of change off of it. Go turn it in on that mule, then go have that mule buy Potash or something. On Balmung, Potash sells for ~100k a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    False I have the multimeld quest Active and I can still multi meld and make the goblin remove materia
    Weird, he would only give me some generic dialogue before I finished the quest.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Yeah, unless certain slots like body/legs/feet/hands/waist are found to have some sort of significantly higher rate of getting something good through conversion, it's not worth halving your materia output just for a spiritbond rate increase of ~7%. (Assuming +1 = 1%.)

Out of sheer boredom, I might try to test this crap later since I just got my Gambler's Crown.
    I haven't done the actual testing, but my general observation is that lvl 46 - 47 get a noticeable bump, with +5 Spirit Bond, farming an average CM, but 49 gear doesn't see too much benefit. I'm getting 3-4 pieces every two runs, and 2 pieces every third run, if I'm good about swapping out gear when it's fully spirit boded. For farming T3 materia, it seems worth it but for farming T4 materia, you're probably better off not using it.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Weird, he would only give me some generic dialogue before I finished the quest.
    After quest started and I talked to him I had the small talk or materia removal from him

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    Man thats fucking stupid... Just verified that you can't exchange them except on a 1.0 character...being on a 1.0 account doesnt matter. I looked and still had a 1.0 mule still active on the same account, traded a piece of gear with cracked materia on it to my wife, she sent it to the old mule and he was able to pull up the exchange window with now issues.. Just lost around 1200-1500 tokens.
    Semi-related. How much does it generally turn in for? I haven't bothered turning in any of my cracked materia gear yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    After quest started and I talked to him I had the small talk or materia removal from him
    Guess it's possible I may not have spoken to him after accepting the quest and just figured I had to complete it first.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Semi-related. How much does it generally turn in for? I haven't bothered turning in any of my cracked materia gear yet.
    Not sure on exacts I only sent my mule a pair of triple melded felt bracers and it was worth 400 tombstones, ive seen ppl say lower level materia get much less like in the 10-50 range.

iirc you only get like 20 stones for a single meld TIV but multi-melds of higher level materia (IIIs and IVs) can really rack up the value (as it should).

I forget if the item itself makes a difference.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Single-meld T4: 20 Tomestones
    Double-meld T4: 100 Tomestones
    Single-meld T1~3: 10 Tomestones

The only thing worth holding onto is iLvl70 gear, and HQ DoH hats (because T4 crafting materia is expensive). Everything else is far too easily replaced.

Bamp.

Does anyone know the relationship between melds and SB rate?

Does the number of materia melded increase the SB rate? Does the tier of the materia matter?

If so I can imagine recycling junk TIII materia into the next set of gear to be bonded.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Note: This information is secondhand.

SB rate is increased further with every materia added to the equipment.
    Type/tier of each meld doesn't appear to affect spiritbond rate (note: but one guy said it did affect the rate, so I'm less sure on this one...).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast