1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 25 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Compendium Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    It helps with hitting the gathering requirement for the XVI Venture, at least.

Finally got there. Endoceras and Kuno can go fuck off.

Congrats! Finally got my first Legend last night (Kuno) They hate me lol. 78/112 big fish now too.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    RIP Ironworks
    GG clambro.

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Congrats! Finally got my first Legend last night (Kuno) They hate me lol. 78/112 big fish now too.
    Grats. Kuno was such a pain in the dick since he's basically RNG on top of RNG. It took me 7 windows just to get him to bite, and thankfully I went 1/1 on reeling him in.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I'm reluctant to spend my Seals because I need them for the Zodiac item. I burnt all my Allied Seals which got me halfway, now I'm just spamming leves in Mor Dhona trying to get the rest of them.
    If you have LTW just mass produce Militia Chokers in spirit bond gear (I do the Patrician's set). 127 chokers = 80k seals and you *could* make some decent money. Depends on how bored you are I guess.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

took forever. he got away from me 5 times before i finally landed him. still need helico and shoni for title though

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Fuck this fish.

And fuck the fact that all 2.3 fish have a purely RNG catch rate even with BiS gear.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Fuck this fish.

And fuck the fact that all 2.3 fish have a purely RNG catch rate even with BiS gear.

So many are just RNG. Especially the short window fish, I rarely get bites and when I do I lose them. Very annoying but such is life for a fisher!

93/112! 4/6 Legends!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

For Imperial Goldfish, do I have to fish 3 catfish in a row in one sitting, or can I go do other stuff in between each catfish as long as I don't fish in another hole?

Will moving around a bit after every catfish be enough to avoid triggering the anti-bot thing SE has in place?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You can't leave the zone. Probably can't change jobs either.

Just move every 15min and always after you get the buff.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i move from one side of the fishing hole to the other every so often, only took me 20 minutes but dipping into a new hole will reset it

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

One to go

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    i move from one side of the fishing hole to the other every so often, only took me 20 minutes but dipping into a new hole will reset it
    FU.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    One to go
    Grats, but how do you stand seeing what everyone else is catching?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

FU.

Grats, but how do you stand seeing what everyone else is catching?

Its probably a separate tab.

Grats on Heli, I can't seem to get him. Had a big tug this morning and it was yet another magic carpet. Missing Heli and Nami. Nami I get lots of bites but he just takes my frog and runs.

99/112. Its crazy going from having 10 windows open at all times to sitting around waiting for weather.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Its crazy going from having 10 windows open at all times to sitting around waiting for weather.
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'm only missing 6: Imperial Goldfish and 5 randoms. I've yet to go for Starbright or Shadowstreak because neither weather has never been up while I've been actively looking.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

6/6 legends!!

I've been waiting for a Heli window since the patch and caught 2....

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's finally over

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Awesome pic!

Hoping 3.0 has something awesome for us!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Grats guys.

I have 4 more fish left for 112: Imperial Goldfish and 3 that require clear in Coerthas. I haven't been paying attention to windows though due to Triple Triad.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I'm in the process of leveling my first job and I'm only at 41 and have not done anything else other than some of the storyline. Do you fish in ff14 for gil or more for accomplishment? The game does not seem to demand gil like ffxi did, but then again I'm not even level 50, let alone looking at ilevel or whatever it's called.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    I'm in the process of leveling my first job and I'm only at 41 and have not done anything else other than some of the storyline. Do you fish in ff14 for gil or more for accomplishment? The game does not seem to demand gil like ffxi did, but then again I'm not even level 50, let alone looking at ilevel or whatever it's called.
    There's virtually no appreciable gil in fishing outside of select instances. For example, when they first introduced Big Fish and desynthing, you could desynth certain fish into vanity bathing suits which were selling for obscene amounts for a while. Otherwise, there are some fish which can be sold in bulk for decent value (e.g. Fullmoon Sardines) due to food recipes, but "decent value" really means it's decent for newer players looking to build up their banks a bit; it doesn't hold a candle to omnicrafting.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Last May, I burned out on the relic weapon grind and starting fishing just for the hell of it. For a different experience in the game. It sucked me into a thoroughly enjoyable vortex of fishing and gathering and crafting for about 5 or 6 months. Time permitting, my favorite XIV pasttime is to crack open a beer, head to a lovely fishin' spot, listen to a podcast, and relax for an hour or so. The audio/visual design of the open world is so well done than I enjoy simply spending time out in the world.

I do make decent gil off fishing, but it's not my focus. My gear is damn near BiS, but I'm not driven by achievement. I do it for the sake of doing it.

It's important to note that an omnicrafter's material purchases are often driven by efficiency and/or laziness. Even a fairly low-level fisher can catch in-demand fish. If you'd like to take a break from the combat side of things and make a little gil on the side, go after these fish: Razor Clams (level 20ish fish) , Rothlyt Oyster (level 20ish fish), and Hammerhead Sharks (level 28ish fish). Culinarians and Alchemists use lots of these fish, and you can catch them with only a minor time investment into leveling FSH.

These are just three examples; there are plenty more fish out there than sell decently-well. Gone are the days that made fishers multimillionaires nearly overnight, but with some fishing and market research, a fisher will never be outright poor.