1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing Compendium Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Hory chit, I just finally got access to the Umbral Isles (Lv.42 section of MSQs) and at the Ship Graveyard with Norther Krill, I just pulled a:

HQ Merlthor Goby (8.9) > HQ Wahoo (58.2) > HQ Megalodon (174.1)

That's a Lv.50** HQ legendary... which finally earned me my first A rank (Deep Sea).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I pulled up a whole bunch of legendary fish yesterday that nobody else had yet
    i've been listing them and updating the diciplesofland website in a thread

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Semi off-topic, but aside from Tiny Turtle does Fisher "harvest" anything of value? Seems like most fish are NPC trash or leve material. It's fun but I can't shake the nagging feeling that I'm not working towards anything but the act itself.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Semi off-topic, but aside from Tiny Turtle does Fisher "harvest" anything of value? Seems like most fish are NPC trash or leve material. It's fun but I can't shake the nagging feeling that I'm not working towards anything but the act itself.
    look for the items that high level crafters needs which nobody else is flooding the market with

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It will not be a big money maker.

I'm done with FFXIV for awhile. I don't have the patience to spam logins when there are other games to play.

Someone let me know when they fix it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Wasn't so much asking for the money making potential. Just if I can look forward to using any high end fish for something.

Also I have yet to lose a lure, even when fish gets away or I mess up and don't notice small rod movements. Does that change going higher up? Currently 36, started at 32 from 1.0.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I need 10 posts to edit my profile. doop!
    currently fishing lots of legendary fish and listing them on diciplesofland

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by korgie View Post
    was talking to this 50 weaver who was tellin me about how miner/bot has to gather items from special nodes at 50 to get their AF, i would assume we also have something like that

EDIT: btw, weaver makes our AF pants, needs Hippogryph leather, undyed felt, twin thread
    the gear seems like normal mats to me. i don't see anything special that needs to be fished up at shiny fishing spots

http://xivdb.com/?item/2930/Hamlet-Puller%27s-Hat
    http://xivdb.com/?item/3239/Fisher%27s-Shirt
    http://xivdb.com/?item/3716/Fisher%27s-Gloves
    http://xivdb.com/?item/3491/Fisher%27s-Gaskins
    http://xivdb.com/?item/3937/Fisher%27s-Wading-Boots

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They are mostly made by Weaver and Leatherworker, but they require materials like Twinthread and/or Vanya Silk and whatnot. These can only be made with the base material Crawler Cocoon... which is only gathered by Lv.46+ Botonist at special "unspoiled" nodes.

That's what's meant by that statement.

Siralin

Any tips on finding these crafters? Just hit 50FSH and I've attempted to use the Player Search, but it only returns results for people that are currently ON the job. Closest I've come is a Lv48 weaver. :\

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Siralin View Post
    Any tips on finding these crafters? Just hit 50FSH and I've attempted to use the Player Search, but it only returns results for people that are currently ON the job. Closest I've come is a Lv48 weaver. :\
    Shout in town at:
    1) Whichever zone has retainer bell + market board
    2) "" has the guild of the craft you're looking for (if different from 1)

Being on a non-legacy server your pickings will probably be slim but on the flipside a lot of people should know who the rare few 50 DoHs are on your server if you shout.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

got it

Siralin

Got what? D:

Are you guys having much luck selling mahi-mahi, red coral, or white/blacklip oysters? (Non legacy) figured they'd sell like hotcakes but maybe the prices are still a tad high.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I am a level 27 fisher and still haven't been able to use mooch, can someone tell me exactly what bait, what location and what HQ fish they have used to get mooch to work? Thank you.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

The fishing spots with shiny map icons are the ones gated by Gulleye. Whereas at a normal fishing hole you can cast and maybe pull up some cheesy mooch bait fish regardless of the level difference to the location, at the shiny spots you'll get the message that you sense something swimming below but are unsure where, unless you have the required tier of Gulleye. E.G. a level 17 fisher can cast at North Bloodshore, but not right next door at Hidden Falls, even though they're both level 35 fishing holes.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Only certain HQ fish (generally 1 type per location) can be used for Mooching.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Are there weather forecasters in 14 like there were in 11? I have been standing in Gridania for hours waiting on the rain and it is just clear skies all day and night.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

No.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Ollie Williams would have been a phenomenal character name

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Holy butter tits. I have been sitting here looking at the sky in Gridania for almost 8 hours waiting on rain. I know if I leave town to do anything else it will start raining while I am gone.

Edit: Just so you guys know this class quest can take a while. I got rain after 13 hours of staring at the sky.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast