1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Free Company Points     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Not entirely true. When you make a FC you ally it with a GC. For example, my FC is allied with the Twin Adders.
    Yep, whenever you start the petition for a Free Company is where your company allies (I started the petition in Limsa and tried to turn it in in Ul'dah and they wouldn't let me).

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    At some point we became in "Good Standing" (or something like that) with the Twin Adders whereas before all 3 GCs were "Neutral Standing."

I have no idea what this means, but there is a connection between GCs and FCs.
    Same, except it was the Maelstrom for me. My best guess is that since people weren't affiliated with a Grand Company, the only faction that could rise was the one that the Free Company was allied with.

If we're going to try to centralize Free Company information in this thread, maybe it should be moved to Advanced Theorycrafting? Not really sure how much theory there will be and how much will be explicitly stated, but knowing Squacks...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

nah advance theory crafting is for min/maxing. This is a general topic.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Thanks for some of the responses. I know its a bit soon to know lots of details, but I always like to try to prepare. Especially since my friends and I will be starting an FC once we hit 25. At this point, from all I've gathered, which ever one we ally with, will determine future gear sets (PvP from what I read) we receive. I guess I'm looking for details as to if the gear is different depending on which GC you're allied with. And since your standings for each GC is shown, I'm curious if you could say change your allied GC once you 'maxed out reputation' to one GC.

Prolly too early to tell at this point, but I do appreciate all the responses so far.

Wow, lots of good info here,

Thanks for the updates.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

my FC hit rank 2 earlier today but i wasn't able to do anything at all with the crest or even anything with the bank.

is it supposed to be like this or were more points/purchases necessary?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Its like a level up system. Hitting higher rank grants more privilages. You dont buy anything yet til you can unlock Rank 5 and gain access to abilities.

You should be able to edit ur company logo at rank 2.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Takes 11k to get to rank 3 looking like a lot more to get to 4

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    Its like a level up system. Hitting higher rank grants more privilages. You dont buy anything yet til you can unlock Rank 5 and gain access to abilities.

You should be able to edit ur company logo at rank 2.
    yes and i wasn't able to edit the logo. so i don't know if it's a bug or if there's something else i need to be doing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You can edit the crest at the OIC Master of Arms at each GC.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

perfect, thanks.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Rank 3 is 11k points.

Rank 4 is 24k points. FC just hit the mark.

On to Rank 5 !

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    At this point, from all I've gathered, which ever one we ally with, will determine future gear sets (PvP from what I read) we receive. I guess I'm looking for details as to if the gear is different depending on which GC you're allied with. And since your standings for each GC is shown, I'm curious if you could say change your allied GC once you 'maxed out reputation' to one GC.
    I had taken it to mean that the ranks were determined by doing activities in the areas for that GC, or on behalf of those GCs (for example, get a FC full of mostly Flames people started in LL, and eventually the Flames activity will catch up). Just speculation on my part, most of my FC peeps started in LL and couldn't actually enroll in a GC because of the instance servers, so I figured that's why all our standing was with Maelstrom.

Once people are actually free to move about, then I think you'll see the reputation start building for all three.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Perks cost 3360 credits and last for 24 hours.

I have no idea what happens when you get them because I never bothered to check until now and I'm not Rank 5. Also didn't realize you could change FC allegiance, but you can, so there's that.

But yeah if the perks costing credits demotes your company or something idfk THIS IS GETTING TOO COMPLICATED

I only get the "Apply crest to gear" option for head/body and it costs 100g per armor

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

When you buy actions they go into your unused actions list. You can then choose to activate it for no extra cost to you. Everyone in the company then gets a buff icon that indicates the bonus clearly.

Not sure what happens when the duration ends however since I've not logged in since the xp bonus I activated expired. I'll know in a few I suppose and will edit.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

What does Grand Company rank accomplish? Have seen no change as its been going up. I was hoping it'd increase the number of buffs you could have active but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Kismar

Rank 2 is 2,750 points

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you switch to a different Grand Company, do you keep your rank in the previous one?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carmon Konno
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Shadow Council

good to know

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Moved to Advanced.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    What does Grand Company rank accomplish? Have seen no change as its been going up. I was hoping it'd increase the number of buffs you could have active but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Just realized I said rank when I meant reputation. I see no changes as we go up in rep.