1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 7 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition.
    Same card i have. Had horrible stuttering all weekend as well as horrific FPS drop that would make the game run like my system was gonna explode. Only way to fix the FPS drop was to alt tab out of the game. Nothing fixed the stuttering except for Xophers recommendation of running it on Standard settings.

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    I've still got stutter with this driver. It's annoying.
    Im not all that concerned about benchmark scores once the stuttering isnt there. Did you notice the stuttering during the benchmark or from trying another game?

I would be interested in knowing if the performance gains people are having are just from Crossfire users? From what iv read on Reddit this patch was more focused at Crossfire users!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i'm pretty sure i got a better score out of my single gpu after this patch

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    i'm pretty sure i got a better score out of my single gpu after this patch
    My score was slightly lower on 1080p but higher on 900p. However, the benchmark ran much smoother so don't really care about the score.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Oreth View Post
    Same card i have. Had horrible stuttering all weekend as well as horrific FPS drop that would make the game run like my system was gonna explode. Only way to fix the FPS drop was to alt tab out of the game. Nothing fixed the stuttering except for Xophers recommendation of running it on Standard settings.

Im not all that concerned about benchmark scores once the stuttering isnt there. Did you notice the stuttering during the benchmark or from trying another game?

I would be interested in knowing if the performance gains people are having are just from Crossfire users? From what iv read on Reddit this patch was more focused at Crossfire users!
    I have crossfire 7970s sapphire factory oced cards. I saw a 2-3k jump in score on max 1920x1080 full screen (12k to 15k) after the new drivers.

Borderless windowed mode which currently disables crossfire (loldx9) was showing no gain from previous drivers.

I wish they would hurry up and release dx11 support so i can run crossfire in borderless.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    My score was slightly lower on 1080p but higher on 900p. However, the benchmark ran much smoother so don't really care about the score.

unfortunately the only way i can get smooth is through xfire, but i absolutely dread not having borderless windowed mode

i'm gonna be running ffxiv through steam so i can get the steam web browser overlay, which hopefully will mitigate me bouncing off the walls.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    unfortunately the only way i can get smooth is through xfire, but i absolutely dread not having borderless windowed mode

i'm gonna be running ffxiv through steam so i can get the steam web browser overlay, which hopefully will mitigate me bouncing off the walls.
    Welp hopefully they release the stable version soon.

Still looking for an alternative to Fraps if anyone has any suggestions. The FPS drop is just way too harsh for some strange reasons... I wonder if it has to do with a graphic setting in the game/benchmark. Like pumped out AA or something.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just tried the new AMD drivers, got about a 450 bump in score and it ran much smoother so I am happy!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Welp hopefully they release the stable version soon.

Still looking for an alternative to Fraps if anyone has any suggestions. The FPS drop is just way too harsh for some strange reasons... I wonder if it has to do with a graphic setting in the game/benchmark. Like pumped out AA or something.
    An alternative to try is MSI Afterburner, it has video capture and screen capture capabilities. I haven't really used it for video capture yet myself. Also, you can use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software, it's free streaming app) and have it output to file instead of to Twitch.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Detozi Deis
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Getting around 12,000 now with crossfired msi r7870 hawks. For some reason GPU 2 is being used 99% while GPU 1 is being used around 70%. I'm using crossfire for the first time so I have no idea if that is normal but either way seems fine overall. It also seems like the stuttering I was seeing with 13.4 has lessened.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

After going back to confirm it with the actual CC bench and not just the old spreadsheet my scores barely budged, but it did seem smoother with less stuttering.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Though it's not necessarily AMD related, did I read somewhere at some point that SLI would be supported upon release? Any other info I might want to know regarding SLI?

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

SLI has been in for a bit I believe. Think Nvidia was the preferred / recommended vendor for this game.

How come you crossfire guys are so interested in running in the windowed mode? Why not just run Fullscreen you can still alt tab cant you! Maybe its a crossfire thing im not up on it sorry!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Personally, I prefer borderless window mode so I can click/scroll through shit on my other monitor without the entire game minimizing. I fish a lot, so I need to multitask.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For those that still play XI along with XIV, did these drivers cause any problems with the former?

XI's notoriously finicky with them in my experience, at least on ATI cards..

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Updated to beta from current stable, score (on 1920x1080/maximum) went from 7242 to 7222.

i5-3570k + 7850HD

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

With the 13.8b drivers I'm still getting microstutter with my 5850. Sad face.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    With the 13.8b drivers I'm still getting microstutter with my 5850. Sad face.
    Booh

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Still getting the stuttering myself on maximum with fullscreen... Arghh!

HD7970 Ghz Vapor-X

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

rm says this helped since 13.8 v2 didn't fix micro stutter

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=18499549

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I just had to go back to 13.8 v1.

v2 was causing some serious stutter on my single 7970. Then I started to get artifacts all over the screen just now even though my OC has been stable for everything else including ARR. It also dropped my benchmark about 800 points. Reverted back to v1 and everything is peachy.

Side note: v2 also causes Civ 5 to freeze up for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast