1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by luxv View Post
    I just had to go back to 13.8 v1.

v2 was causing some serious stutter on my single 7970. Then I started to get artifacts all over the screen just now even though my OC has been stable for everything else including ARR. It also dropped my benchmark about 800 points. Reverted back to v1 and everything is peachy.

Side note: v2 also causes Civ 5 to freeze up for me.
    What brand of 7970 do you have? How is it you are not getting any stuttering playing the game? Are you on maximum settings?

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Did not have any micro stutter in open beta, updated to 13.8 beta drivers and now have micro stutter going on in EA. Rolled back my drivers and going to check the older ones after maint. Is over.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Oreth View Post
    What brand of 7970 do you have? How is it you are not getting any stuttering playing the game? Are you on maximum settings?
    Sapphire, have it set to 1100 MHz.. Yeah, maximum in-game settings, no framerate limit.

I don't know, I was getting some awful stuttering with the 13.8 v2. Before that I had none in previous betas.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

anyone try radeonpro (link i posted) at all? heard from a couple people that it fixed all their micro stuttering.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Didnt work for me. Infact it made it 100 times worse as the game didnt even launch after trying to set this up. I tried attaching RadeonPro to ffxivboot.exe, ffxivlauncher.exe and ffxiv.exe and id just be left with a black screen each time!

Followed the steps but i must be doing something wrong! Thanks anyways

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

What I did was attach radeonpro to ffxiv.exe, then go to the launcher tab and attach that to ffxivboot.exe and it worked. Still not sure on the actual results of this, though.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I was personally getting random system black-screen freeze/crashes with no explanation with the 13.8 Beta2 driver cleanly installed with my 7850. Reverted back to the 13.4 drivers for now.. not sure what was up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I had full on comp shut downs earlier when playing, very strange. It may have been a combination of the servers being extremely full and downloading that last windows security update at the same time.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The drivers didn't help at all with the stuttering issue or artifacts on my Asus 7970.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Earlier I said that reverting back to the v1 drivers fixed my stuttering. Well, I lied apparently. It was definitely less stuttering but it started doing it again.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Rollingback my drivers from the beta stopped the stuttering completely but the game itself runs a little crappier so its a lose/lose. I can stay on beta drivers and get 55-60fps everywhere with tons of microstutter or roll back and get no microstutter but lose 10-15 fps gonna stick with the latter til they add in DX9 support.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Didnt work for me. Infact it made it 100 times worse as the game didnt even launch after trying to set this up. I tried attaching RadeonPro to ffxivboot.exe, ffxivlauncher.exe and ffxiv.exe and id just be left with a black screen each time!

Followed the steps but i must be doing something wrong! Thanks anyways
    I had the black screen issue, as well. It seemed to usually happen when I tried to launch the game with MSI Afterburner already running, but even then it wasn't guaranteed to happen. I also once had it somehow apply some kind of redundant AA, which took a large chunk of my FPS.

I'm not sure what the heck is going on, but when it works properly, it really does seem to help with micro stutter.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Try the game on Standard Desktop settings guys. Game runs really well no stuttering just looks like arse. You get used to it after a while.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Try the game on Standard Desktop settings guys. Game runs really well no stuttering just looks like arse. You get used to it after a while.
    That's not what I bought this new PC for

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Believe me... Me either.. But if it means playing on standard with no stutter its worth it

Seriously considering moving to a GTX 770 or the 780... Some of the peoples screenshots etc game just seems to look much better! Even with maximum some of the shadows still look shit in this game!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

I was considering moving from my EVGA GTX 680ftw+, back to a radeon 7970 since my gpu seems to like to run at 85c under load while playing xiv. But with all these issues with the radeons and this game, maybe I'll just hold out until the drivers stabilize.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Just got a 7950. This is disappointing

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I've made a compromise with myself: older drivers, maximum settings. To stabilize things I've set my FPS cap in the ingame settings to 30, and it never, ever stutters or drops below 30 for me. Still feels smooth... smoother than I do with the FPS yo-yo I have on the 60 FPS cap. Better than having my entire rig crashing with the Beta drivers.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    Rollingback my drivers from the beta stopped the stuttering completely but the game itself runs a little crappier so its a lose/lose. I can stay on beta drivers and get 55-60fps everywhere with tons of microstutter or roll back and get no microstutter but lose 10-15 fps gonna stick with the latter til they add in DX9 support.
    This is pretty much where I stand after actual testing... the game runs fine with no microstutters but FPS was much lower than I remembered during P4.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I have a 6850 and no problems here with beta drivers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast