1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I have a 6850 and no problems here with beta drivers.
    The problem is with the 7xxx standard & beta drivers.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Savanah View Post
    I've made a compromise with myself: older drivers, maximum settings. To stabilize things I've set my FPS cap in the ingame settings to 30, and it never, ever stutters or drops below 30 for me. Still feels smooth... smoother than I do with the FPS yo-yo I have on the 60 FPS cap. Better than having my entire rig crashing with the Beta drivers.
    This actually works for me, removed the stutter, only 30FPS, but its better than the constant hiccups that I experienced with no FPS limit.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Any news on when AMD will release a fix for this?

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    This actually works for me, removed the stutter, only 30FPS, but its better than the constant hiccups that I experienced with no FPS limit.
    I havnt tried this myself but will this evening. Beta 2 drivers are horrible been too lazy to remove them all weekend though!

If i recall i was having the stuttering issue on 13.4 but ill let you guys know.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Detozi Deis
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I tried the 30 fps thing and it completely got rid of the micro stuttering for me on my 7870 with 13.8v2 drivers. I'd like to run it at 60 or unlimited but if I'm being perfectly honest I can't tell the difference anyways.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

That's crazy... Difference between 30 and 60 is like night and day.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    That's crazy... Difference between 30 and 60 is like night and day.
    Yeah, I tried it and switched back instantly. More annoying than stuttering lol

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Detozi Deis
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Haha, I guess I'm lucky, until stuttering is fixed anyways. I found this game on newgrounds to see if I couldn't tell the difference because I wasn't seeing it side by side and I got 2 out of 3 wrong lol. I guess something is wrong with my eyes despite having 20/20.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Yeah I got 3/3. Shits mad obvious. lol

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Detozi Deis
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Yeah I got 3/3. Shits mad obvious. lol
    I tried again and focused really hard and was able to get 3/3 this time. I Still think the difference is nominal though. Either way no point in arguing so lets leave it at if you can stand 30 FPS it is a viable fix to the stuttering issue.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I guess this is one of those times I should count my fortunes I can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 on this game.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I was able to completely fix the stuttering last night and enjoy a perfectly smooth 60 fps at all times. For the record my PC is using an HD7970 and i7 3930k. I used RadeonPro and set it to trigger on ffxiv.exe. The ONLY thing I turned on was Dynamic Framerate Control to 60 FPS. Everything else is default. I don't have the framerate cap turned on in-game. I'm also using the 13.8 Beta 2 drivers with a single GPU but I'm not sure if that really helped, the real kicker here is Radeonpro's dynamic framerate control.

When the game launches, you'll think it's freezing. Just give it a good 30 seconds of black screen and don't click anything. BAM, the game will start and work PERFECTLY.

I hope others are able to use this as well.

Note: I believe I was using the 32-bit RadeonPro client as well (it comes with both) because it said 32 bit in the lower right corner in blue text. This may be key.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Soda Pop View Post
    When the game launches, you'll think it's freezing. Just give it a good 30 seconds of black screen and don't click anything. BAM, the game will start and work PERFECTLY.
    I'm pretty sure I waited much longer than 30s and it would not start. In any case, the black screen doesn't happen every time and when the game launches normally, the stuttering is gone.

I followed the instructions linked earlier in the thread.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Soda Pop View Post
    I was able to completely fix the stuttering last night and enjoy a perfectly smooth 60 fps at all times. For the record my PC is using an HD7970 and i7 3930k. I used RadeonPro and set it to trigger on ffxiv.exe. The ONLY thing I turned on was Dynamic Framerate Control to 60 FPS. Everything else is default. I don't have the framerate cap turned on in-game. I'm also using the 13.8 Beta 2 drivers with a single GPU but I'm not sure if that really helped, the real kicker here is Radeonpro's dynamic framerate control.

I hope others are able to use this as well.

Note: I believe I was using the 32-bit RadeonPro client as well (it comes with both) because it said 32 bit in the lower right corner in blue text. This may be key.

Will give it a shot when I get home.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Will give it a shot when I get home.
    Let me know your results.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by xerodok View Post
    Let me know your results.
    Didn't end up working for me. I tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit client, with 1 card, and both cards enabled, and waited like 5-10 minutes on boot and it never went on from the black screen.

BG Level

What did end up working for me with a single card setup, is disabling Frame Pacing in CCC 3D Application Settings. (I'm not using RadeonPro right now).

BG Level

Nevermind...still experiencing heavy stuttering even on a single card.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I was reading about sound conflicts with realtek and amd drivers on tomshardware. I found it by noticing that some people who are posting their benchmarks have a realtek driver in their specs that I did not have.

When I read more about that driver it seemed to cause stuttering problems in many other games by conflicting with amd drivers. Maybe I am not the most techy person in the world but when looking at the stuttering on my screen it does remind me of other hardware conflicts in the past. Like constant quick resets.

I thought if there were stuttering problems due to the display driver in some cases than maybe it is the same issue as here. I am going to check into this further but I thought one of you guys might be better at checking this possibility out and testing it than I am. I would post the link but I am new.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Firiel View Post
    I was reading about sound conflicts with realtek and amd drivers on tomshardware. I found it by noticing that some people who are posting their benchmarks have a realtek driver in their specs that I did not have.

When I read more about that driver it seemed to cause stuttering problems in many other games by conflicting with amd drivers. Maybe I am not the most techy person in the world but when looking at the stuttering on my screen it does remind me of other hardware conflicts in the past. Like constant quick resets.

I thought if there were stuttering problems due to the display driver in some cases than maybe it is the same issue as here. I am going to check into this further but I thought one of you guys might be better at checking this possibility out and testing it than I am. I would post the link but I am new.
    I am also not very techy with this stuff, its just weird on the same drivers from alpha all the way to open beta there was never any stuttering issues, just hope amd releases a fix soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast