1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

13.10 Catalyst is out:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...etaDriver.aspx

If people can try this in a xfire config, let me know if there is any improvement. I'm at work now.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rajah Samsara
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Better to link to 32-bit and 64-bit links

Can't imagine why you'd be running 32-bit and crossfire though, it's nearly 2014

Driver doesn't mention anything, but I'll gladly take it, maybe FFXIV will crash less

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Better to link to 32-bit and 64-bit links

Can't imagine why you'd be running 32-bit and crossfire though, it's nearly 2014

Driver doesn't mention anything, but I'll gladly take it, maybe FFXIV will crash less
    Right, nothing specifically XIV related, but I'm wondering how much improvement would come from:

PCI-E bus speed is no longer set to x1 on the secondary GPU when running in CrossFire configurations

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I hope they're more stable than the last beta ones. Thanks for the link. I'll update the OP.

Logged in really fast from my office workstation and checked the FPS of the game running on my PC. It's about 10-15 higher on login screens and 10 higher at the farms near the training dummies. I'll have to wait till I'm home to take this for a spin in town.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Detozi Deis
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Micro stuttering seems to have gotten better for me with this driver. It still seems to be occurring randomly but before it was every 2 seconds.

BG Level

Now you two have me excited...few hours till I can get home!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Nothing really changed for me but I'm pretty much used to it now.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've completely solved stuttering/microstuttering on AMD cards if anyone needs help. Just an FYI and has nothing to do with this 13.10 driver.

Here is how I did it:

1. Change game to full screen instead of borderless window. Exit game.
    2. Download D3DOverrider and MSI Afterburner (more specifically the MSI On-Screen Display Server included with this program).
    3. With application detection set to medium, select ffxiv.exe with D3DOverrider and MSI On-Screen Display Server.
    4. On D3DOverrider, force Vsync and Triple Buffering.
    5. With MSI On-Screen Display Server, choose a frame-rate cap of 60 fps.

Doing this completely eliminated my stuttering. I turned my game to max settings and noticed no difference. Highest res shadows, SSAO, all settings max basically. I don't even have RadeonPro enabled now. I'm using Sapphire TRIXX to force constant voltage, disable ULPS, and increased GPU max voltage to +20% on my graphics card but that really shouldn't make any difference here, I'm just including this for an identical test scenario for you guys. I'm using the 13.8 Beta 2 drivers as well, haven't tried 13.10 yet. Let me know if this works for you or if you have any problems. Enjoy!

Edit: I believe this is working because the game actually has no Vsync or Triple Buffering enabled via game options, and it can't be forced unless the game is in full-screen mode. Yes the game has a frame-cap option but that is NOT the same as vsync and triple buffering, nor does it work nearly as well as MSI On-Screen Display Server's framerate cap. You can notice this because the framerate will still spike past 60 using the in-game cap, but MSI keeps it at a flat 60/59.9. Vsync and Triple Buffering is necessary for smooth frames on 60 Hz monitors, especially with these AMD cards it seems.

Edit 2: I'm using a single HD7970. My screen is 1920x1200 60Hz. CPU is i7 3930k, 16 gigs ram.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

To be clear, there's still no way to get that solution to work in borderless windowed?

BG Level

So just got in game, and checking out the FPS:
    • FPS seems a lot better in Uld'ah.
    • I am running in Xfire mode, with Frame Pacing on, Full screen.
    • Am playing with 60 FPS cap.
    • Am playing with VSync, and Triple Buffering forced on via CCC.

FPS is SO much better now.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Any one running a single GPU with beta drivers and tried this? Any boost?

BG Level

Anyone experiencing horrendous FPS when inside Wanderers Palace? Holy crap it was bad.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ill take it that the micro stuttering hasnt been fixed at all? Ill sit happy knowing i made a good call when I ordered that GTX 770 the other day! Its been a good 10~ years AMD.....

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Oreth View Post
    Ill take it that the micro stuttering hasnt been fixed at all? Ill sit happy knowing i made a good call when I ordered that GTX 770 the other day! Its been a good 10~ years AMD.....
    Yeah after 1.0 and now ARR I'm never buying another AMD card again. nVidia is just so much better right now.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Just force Vsync and triple buffering in FULL SCREEN mode with your choice of program or CCC and framecap ffxiv.exe to 60 fps with MSI afterburner. I guarantee that will solve any problems with AMD cards, if not you're doing something wrong.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Soda Pop View Post
    Just force Vsync and triple buffering in FULL SCREEN mode with your choice of program or CCC and framecap ffxiv.exe to 60 fps with MSI afterburner. I guarantee that will solve any problems with AMD cards, if not you're doing something wrong.
    I doubt it helps if you're not getting 60fps on the first place?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I doubt it helps if you're not getting 60fps on the first place?
    In that case you gotta cap to 30.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't remember when it got fixed but I don't think I have any stuttering issues with my 5850 anymore. Chances are early on I didn't realize Edge Smoothing was AA since the drop down box didn't have 2x/4x/8x/16x.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Updated to new beta drivers, got my FPS back and the stuttering was gone. Single 7870 and I is happy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I actually feel that it got worse for me on the new beta drivers, lol. Getting less fps even in not populated areas and the stuttering is still there. ;/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast