1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Unless I use the Radeon Pro tweak mentioned earlier, the stuttering is definitely not gone on my single 7950.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Same. I tried this new 13.10 driver and my FPS is all over the place... dropping into the low-mid 20s at times in FATEs. Had to revert back to the old 13.4 driver with a FPS cap and it's smooth again.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Have people tried running in full screen mode? I've noticed that running in that mode is much smoother than borderless windowed.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Soda Pop View Post
    Just force Vsync and triple buffering in FULL SCREEN mode with your choice of program or CCC and framecap ffxiv.exe to 60 fps with MSI afterburner. I guarantee that will solve any problems with AMD cards, if not you're doing something wrong.
    So my wifes PC only runs the game @ 30-45fps and was getting the stuttering really bad. Finally decided to try this with CCC/MSI and capped her @ 30fps and it 100% fixed the issue.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neviskio Mordekaiser
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Crushridge

Driver 13.9 is now non-beta, can't link you the download page for long reasons, by the way I can't test them in game, but found that on reddit people said it works with series 7k, I also have a old 5k series still(and no service account active) byut maybe they finally fixed their shit? It surely didn't work with 13.10 beta but maybe something changed in the .9 release before certification? I wouldn't get my hopes up but still...

edit: apaprently someone is reporting around that they now have the proper fps, anyone care to let us know how they are doing? If square fixes their shit and amd fixes theirs I might go back to playing <.<

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neviskio View Post
    Driver 13.9 is now non-beta, can't link you the download page for long reasons, by the way I can't test them in game, but found that on reddit people said it works with series 7k, I also have a old 5k series still(and no service account active) byut maybe they finally fixed their shit? It surely didn't work with 13.10 beta but maybe something changed in the .9 release before certification? I wouldn't get my hopes up but still...

edit: apaprently someone is reporting around that they now have the proper fps, anyone care to let us know how they are doing? If square fixes their shit and amd fixes theirs I might go back to playing <.<
    Won't be able to test it until I get home, but I will give it a shot. I'm currently running 13.10 and find that it runs great when in fullscreen mode (not borderless windowed).

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Neviskio View Post

Dear god I hope you're right... Won't be able to test until tonight though. :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I couldn't even install it properly lol. Installed over .10 didn't change version so I used driver sweeper, installed on clean and it seems as there's no drivers. So had to go back to .10 anyway.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

35 FPS is the lowest I get at Camp Revenant's Toll as opposed to dropping to 15-20. I like it. FPS seems much more normal and less all over the place.

I uninstalled 13.10 normally using appwiz.cpl then I used driver sweeper to get rid of leftovers before installing the new drivers.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

13.11 Beta released here.

I haven't tried them yet and the feature highlights don't mention FFXIV, though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

have people still been having issues with the previous drivers in terms of micro stuttering?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    have people still been having issues with the previous drivers in terms of micro stuttering?
    I'm running the 13.9 official release and I haven't particularly noticed micro stuttering, but I do experience the occasional driver crash (screen freezes, goes black, and resumes play across maybe 5-10 seconds). 13.8 beta and prior had the same behavior, but with a frame rate reduction after the crash as well. One other issue I run into (which may or may not be graphics related) is a freeze-fast forward effect every minute or so. I don't believe it's my network connection as my local ethernet and router graphs don't show any odd bandwidth issues. I'll try the 13.11 beta drivers tonight and see if they have any effect on the above issues.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

R9 290x card comes out on the 15th. I'd expect there to be a huge update on drivers.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone have suggestions for which of the new drivers to go with?

Not sure if I should stick with the olllld ones I have (it's like..8.8) or upgrade to one of the newer ones. I hate messing with them too much. Seems like the beta ones are getting some mixed responses.

I have an ATI Radeon 6850, for reference.

I just bought an asus 7970 mid sept and noticed the environment will "stutter" a bit as I am walking through. The animation of my character is quite smooth and my FPS is normal. Is this what you guys are experiencing with the micro stutter? Only happens in certain zones (most) only a handlful where it doesn't happen.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by darkhero168 View Post
    I just bought an asus 7970 mid sept and noticed the environment will "stutter" a bit as I am walking through. The animation of my character is quite smooth and my FPS is normal. Is this what you guys are experiencing with the micro stutter? Only happens in certain zones (most) only a handlful where it doesn't happen.
    Yes, it should be most apparent in some cutscenes where large objects move in a predictable pattern.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Sorry for the necrobump all:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...Windows+7+-+64

13.12 just dropped. Unsure if it has an performance improvement but it's worth a check. Will try when I get home.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was still running 13.9, eyefinity on 5760x1080 and had one crash (unkown if driver related or crappy game related code) and upgraded to 13.12 today. I saw a 20-25 fps jump after upgrading and no stability issues in roughly 3 hours of play.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Yeah after 1.0 and now ARR I'm never buying another AMD card again. nVidia is just so much better right now.
    Not just amd unfortunately. Nvidia is a wreck w this game too. Ever seen 4 titans hit 30 fps? I do! All the time >.<

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

My 1 780 never drops below 30 FPS lol.

I still think this game doesn't support Crossfire/SLI very well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast