1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

AMD Catalyst™ 13.10 Windows® Beta Driver

Wasn't going to start a new thread for this but I feel more people should get a chance to see it... For all of you unfortunate souls, like myself, who have an ATI card:

*removed old link*

Final Fantasy XIV: Improves single GPU and CrossFire performance
    Cannot wait to try these drivers. I was recording footage this past weekend and Fraps would drop me to almost half FPS which never happened in Alpha 1/2 or Beta1/2/3, not to mention Version 1.0 (in all it's clunkyness). Also, lots of micro-stutters and weird graphic glitches when getting on Chocobo.

Enjoy all!

EDIT: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...w_win8-64.aspx
    ^ AMD Catalyst™ 13.10 Windows® Beta Driver

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Am pumped. I really need to really get in there and do some actual tweaking, but this is great news.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Hope these work, I was getting a really weird stuttering problem that I didn't get in any other phase. Sometimes it would freeze all together and I would have to ctrl alt del and bring up the task manager, then the game screen would go black for a couple seconds, then return and everything would be normal. Really annoying.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Yeah, as long as the stutter issue is fixed, I'll be happy.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'll probably get pointed over to the tech section, but one thing I am consistently getting with my pair of ATI cards is a drop in frame-rate over time. It seems like it's directly related to heat though...

When I alt-tabbed out of the game, (so it did no rendering) my fans immediately slow down a bit, and if I stayed out of the game for 5 or so minutes before going back in, my framerate would be gorgeous. All of my fans speed back up, and 10 minutes into it, my framerate is doodoo again.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Hmm 1 of my screens is constantly flickering during normal use after installing it. Keeps going black for a few seconds. Can't fucking win with ATI. -___-;

Going to try wiping the drivers completely and reinstalling. See if that helps.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I'll probably get pointed over to the tech section, but one thing I am consistently getting with my pair of ATI cards is a drop in frame-rate over time. It seems like it's directly related to heat though...

When I alt-tabbed out of the game, (so it did no rendering) my fans immediately slow down a bit, and if I stayed out of the game for 5 or so minutes before going back in, my framerate would be gorgeous. All of my fans speed back up, and 10 minutes into it, my framerate is doodoo again.
    What manages fan speed for them? You could try something like the automatic fan control in MSI Afterburner and set higher speeds for the temperatures?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Blah... Still happening after wipe and reinstall.

Hmm after further investigation it seems that the monitor affected is the 120hz which is running at 60hz for whatever reason.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    What manages fan speed for them? You could try something like the automatic fan control in MSI Afterburner and set higher speeds for the temperatures?
    I believe CCC is managing the individual GPU fan speeds, but the rest of the 6 fans in my tower (2 intakes, CPU, power supply, rear exhaust, top exhaust) are all managed by a thermostat/control unit (this one). My current problem is that I completely forgot what each of its thermometers are connected to internally (lol). Except for #1, which I recall was stuck to the inside of the top of the case to measure an overall temperature. So, that's the only reading that means anything to me without half-way disassembling the thing (#s 2~5 could be anything between power supply, CPU, primary hard-drive, and primary GPU).

I have afterburner installed, and I'll be looking into actually utilizing that more, but heat has always been a major issue when I begin over-clocking even the tiniest bit. Not to mention having a big, shedding Malamute on hardwood floors makes life for my gaming PC even worse.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Blah... Still happening after wipe and reinstall.

Hmm after further investigation it seems that the monitor affected is the 120hz which is running at 60hz for whatever reason.

have you brought it back to the right levels yet? got it working properly at all?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    have you brought it back to the right levels yet? got it working properly at all?
    Think I got it using some third party applications. The drivers disable any resolution that isn't 60Hz so I did registry edits to force the default resolution on my BenQ XL2410T to 1920x1080 @120Hz (it's the only option now). Has not flickered in 10 minutes. :D

Tools if anyone is interested:
    http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Th...-Clock-Patcher
    http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Th...on-Utility-CRU

Time to run benchmark and see if my score is a bit higher.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Benchmark score came out about 600 points lower. However, the benchmark ran noticeably smoother and not once did it drop under 35 FPS. I did not see any microstutters with this driver unlike the drivers I was using before.

Fraps is still cutting my FPS in half. Not sure whats going on... I've even tried changing the recording drive to the SSD RAID0 and no change... Hmmm.

Friday cannot get here sooner!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

what's your score at? gonna run my own benchmark after i finish downloading it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vega Castro
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This can't be an AMD only problem is it? I have a GTX 670 and during the beta this weekend my game would suddenly go black screen and then a massive FPS drop would come in place...I'd have to restart my client for it to fix. Is there a fix for this yet or has it been addressed for Nvidia users as well?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Elites View Post
    This can't be an AMD only problem is it? I have a GTX 670 and during the beta this weekend my game would suddenly go black screen and then a massive FPS drop would come in place...I'd have to restart my client for it to fix. Is there a fix for this yet or has it been addressed for Nvidia users as well?
    I had a super strange issue with my GTX card this weekend. It was Saturday, ran with no problem all Friday and Saturday afternoon. Then all of a sudden the screen goes blank and I get "No DVI signal" on the monitor. I restart, get past the Windows startup screen and get the same DVI message. I go into Safe Mode, thinking it was an update. See a lot of stuff, so I just hit Restore to Previous Date. End up having to download all the FFXIV stuff again. Try to play FFXIV again, and bam same problem. End up restore, this time I backed up the FFXIV on external, updated all drivers. The problem went away. It was strange though. I'm leaning towards a corrupted driver or something.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    what's your score at? gonna run my own benchmark after i finish downloading it.
    6900 @ 1080p maxed out. I used to get about 7500, though the benchmark never ran this smooth.

I'm currently working on the recording issue with Fraps. Trying some older versions. Upgraded to latest and saw the FPS drop even further.

Edit: Even went as far as to try creating a virtual drive in RAM with Fraps installed recording to the RAM (which is way faster than even SSDs) but no luck. Still having my FPS halved when I'm not using an FPS limit.

Vuitton

These new drivers fixed several issues for me, as well as increased my bench mark score by 4000 points. (Went from 5000ish to 9000ish on maximum @ 1900x1200.) I am running on 2 x ATI HD 5870s in xfire.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

gonna try will report.. got 5870in my rig and a 7970m in my laptop...

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Is this the driver that was release more then a week ago? Cause I tried those and couldn't get my monitor to work, had to roll back. But not that you mention the bug with anything over 60hz, I might try messing with it again.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The 13.8 beta2 drivers added 1600 points to my character creation benchmark score, and it definitely looked a lot smoother.

Spoiler: show
    FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)
    Tested on:8/19/2013 11:13:09 PM
    Score:11182
    Average Framerate:97.723
    Performance:Extremely High
    -Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
    Screen Mode: Borderless Windowed
    Graphics Presets: Maximum
    General
    -Enable HDR rendering and improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled
    -Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Disabled
    -Use low-detail models on distant objects. (LOD) : Disabled
    -Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled
    -Real-time Reflections : High
    -Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing) : FXAA
    -Transparent Lighting Quality : High
    -Grass Quality : High
    Shadows
    -Self : Display
    -Other NPCs : Display
    Shadow Quality
    -Use low-detail models on shadows. (LOD) : Disabled
    -Shadow Resolution : High - 2048p
    -Shadow Cascading : Best
    -Shadow Softening : Strong
    Texture Detail
    -Texture Filtering : Anisotropic
    -Anisotropic Filtering : x16
    Movement Physics
    -Self : Full
    -Other NPCs : Full
    Effects
    -Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled
    -Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled
    -Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Strong
    -Glare : Normal
    Cinematic Cutscenes
    -Enable depth of field. : Enabled

System:
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    16328.293MB
    AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series(VRAM 4095 MB) 8.17.0010.1236

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
    (C) 2010-2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

Tweet
    http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV Score:11182 1920x1080 Maximum Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast