+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
    Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I don't feel like there was much in the terms of strategy before or after Naxx. Every deck you faced was either Hunter or Aggrolock, with small periods of other classes thrown in that quickly died out. Everything always came back to those two decks, despite repeated nerfing of both. That is the definition of not interesting. I feel my favorite deck, control pally, is viable now. In fact, I feel a lot of decks are viable now. The goal was to kill off the need to play aggrolock and Hunter to be competitive. I feel it's happened, but we won't know for sure for at least a few more weeks.

FL draw mechanic can work both ways. Yes, your opponent knows what's in your hand, but you could play your mid-range without threat of removal since they know your 7/7 is sitting in your hand. In Freeze mage it'd be a great early-mid game board clear draw. I still think it's terrible compared to other stuff in GvG, but Unstable Portal is broken enough that it's really not a big deal for Mage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    I'm trying to think of a situation where FL would be reliably strong, and I just don't see it. I guess the intent is to help clear the board without having to spend a card or mana. I suppose if you played it in a deck with Arcane Intellect and Jeeves, you could have some control over when you draw it even though you're going to have a 15-20% chance every game of drawing it before it could even be useful. Plus it has the drawback that your opponent will know when you draw it and can act accordingly by saving their removal when they might have otherwise played it on a weaker card.
    From the moment I saw Leviathan ... and even the Gnome Experimenter ... I presumed both were designed for a Mage archtype thats almost all spells. I guess Jeeves and/or Antonidas would also feature heavily in that deck with lots of standard Freeze Mage tactics,

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I've never been so happy to own a Kindle Fire HD 7 in my life:

The Hearthstone Android tablet rollout begins! As part of the first phase of our Android launch, players in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand can now download Hearthstone for free on Google Play—and in the coming days, we’ll be fully rolling out Hearthstone worldwide on the Amazon Appstore for Android and Google Play.

You’ll have the complete Hearthstone experience at your fingertips, so get ready to engage in the mech-fueled antics of Goblins vs Gnomes and explore the haunted halls of the Curse of Naxxramas adventure on your little-green-robot-powered Android tablet.

But wait, there’s more! As an added bonus for giving Hearthstone a go on your Android tablet, you’ll earn a free pack of Classic cards. All you need to do to redeem your free pack of cards is complete a game of Hearthstone in any mode on your Android tablet, and BAM, you’ll be busting open a new pack in no time. Win or lose, you’ll earn your free card pack just by enjoying a game of Hearthstone in Play, Arena, or Practice mode.

As always, your card collection and progress will be shared across all devices used to access your Hearthstone account, so everything will be waiting for you when you launch Hearthstone from your Android tablet.

Worried that your tablet can’t run Hearthstone? Check out our support site article for the minimum requirements. And for those of you itching to sling cards from your phone, we’re still polishing all the necessary mana crystals and calibrating mechanics, but we’ll have more news for you early next year.
    http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...%3Dgoogle_paid

System requirements:

Android Minimum Requirements
    Hardware 6-inch screen or larger
    Operating System Android 4.0 or later
    Memory 1 GB RAM

Note: The following list of verified devices is not all inclusive. If your device meets the requirements above but displays as incompatible, you may be in a region that has not officially launched yet.

Verified Devices

The following devices are verified to run Hearthstone well:

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 6 (2014)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 (2014)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7 (2013)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7 (2014)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (2014)
    Asus Google Nexus 7 (2013)
    Huawei MediaPad X1
    NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet
    Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
    Samsung Galaxy Note LTE 10.1 N8020
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet LTE

Note: The Asus Transformer Pad TF300T is incompatible with Hearthstone. Devices with PowerVR 540/544 GPUs may experience graphical issues. Updating your device to the latest version of your operating system may address these issues. Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and Fire OS 4.5.1 are recommended.
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...m-requirements

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Supposedly there's going to be an announcement early next year concerning IPhone/Android. Please for the love of god let me be able to play hearthstone on my Galaxy S5

Windows RT would be nice too <_<;

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Windows RT would be nice too <_<;

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I got it for free. And it works really well

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Well that's a shame, my kindle crashes when I try to play a game. Just not good enough.

So... that happened... <_<;

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

What, Jaraxxus being directly summoned? That's been possible since Naxx, although you'll likely see it more often now that there are more demon-centric cards for Warlock.

After playing around with a few decks, mech synergy is kind of absurd right now. I'm finding that board control in most matches gets determined by turn 4/5 and it's rare for the player who's behind to come back after that point.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I've treated myself to an early Christmas present - bought a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9. After an initial crap game - it timed out on me, I powered off and on the Kindle which initiated an upgrade and since then it seems to be working fine. Played 2 games (and won). This mech update has me cackling like I don't know what when I get to use 2 King Crushes.

Mech Spare Part Mage is pretty fun lol.

Got all the FB on 1 turn due to the coins he kept giving me lol. Had 3 spare parts in hand.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

So do I have to just bite the bullet and buy packs of cards? I don't mind grinding for packs from arena every couple of days, but not having any dust to craft cards is a real pain.

I sucked it up and bought some because it sucked otherwise.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If you're looking to buy packs (in my case due to an influx of iTunes gift cards over the holidays) should I purchase vanilla packs or gvg packs?

I'd do GvG.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Definitely GvG. Even getting a small amount of the new cards can help. I love using the cards that can produce a random minion upon death. Sneed's Old Shredder is such fun for that, especially when you get Kel'Thuzad, you might as well just concede there and then.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Drafted a new deck (Paladin), first game opponent, coin, unstable portal, mana tide totem. WTF. He frostbolts my two and three drops and no truesilver in hand. Game over. Second game, opponent (Shaman) drafted a solid deck and is playing well. I gain board control around turn 12, with Stormwind Champion, Boulderfist Ogre and a Silver Hand Recruit on the board. Opponent drops Sylvanas and double reincarnate. I say "what" incredulously about 50 times. He gets the Champion and Ogre. My first ever 0-2. I'm afraid to play the 3rd game, because who knows what BS is coming my way.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

That always happens to me. I draft a pretty good deck, then my opponent comes out with the crazy luck plays and wipes me. If I go 0-2 I can usually come back to 2-2ish but it still sucks to have it happen to you regardless.

I've hit 9 wins so far with GvG. But most of the time I'm lucky to make it to 3...