FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    How is it that whenever a priest thought steals, they get the 2 best cards they can get. Every single time. I'm not being hyperbolic. I've never seen a thought steal that gets like starving buzzard and stonetusk boar. Or mirror images and ice lance. It's always like flamestrike and arcane intellect or hunters mark and flare.
    Well, I just saw this on reddit, decided to bring it here after I stopped laughing.
    Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level

is the funny part the fact that he lost on that turn after playing his epic thoughtsteal?

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

The hunter lost, the priest won with 1 life.

getting snipe to trigger on a 4 health minion feels so good when i do it, so frustrating when it happens to you. bye bye azure drake.
    my webspinner is broken, i swear i get captain parrots, hungry crabs, and the beast 95% of the time.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

So I did the Class challenge for Hunter last night. Fuck that shit. Took me 10 tries to do it. I probably made it harder on myself but it was an interesting way to do it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Hunter challenge is fun. Good old Momor Vig.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Kelthuzad is broken in arena. If he hits the board and your opponent can't answer, auto win. I drafted a terrible Paladin deck (no weapons, consecrate, equality, hammer or peacekeeper) that should have gone 5-6 wins, Kelthuzad carried to 11.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    Kelthuzad is broken in arena. If he hits the board and your opponent can't answer, auto win. I drafted a terrible Paladin deck (no weapons, consecrate, equality, hammer or peacekeeper) that should have gone 5-6 wins, Kelthuzad carried to 11.
    From a forum post

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

He is that good, might as well just start your deck at 5 wins with him it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Gotta say, that Paladin challenge is designed to be 100% bullshit. The chance you get the combination of minions/buffs to outlast KT is far to stupid.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

My god, so many attempts.
    Buffing the ooze is too expensive a combo for KT's pace, and to make the DS work, you need too many cards. I just barely made it, and I would have lost if I didn't have 2 of the 1/1 minions to hard cast.

Anyways, after clearing Naxx, I decided to finally use my free arena entry.

Lost the next 2.

Not too bad I think.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I didn't realize the Paladin challenge was bad, I crushed it first try. Only one that took me 2 tries was Priest, that deck is so horrible.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah I beat it first time easily. I just spammed minions at his face Lol.

i beat it first try, saw people were complaining about how hard it was so i tried it again and went 0-4 because of abom

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

One of the packs I opened, on my 5k gold spree. This is the kind of luck I get:

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER on itty-bitty shit nobody cares about.

Over-all, I had legendary letdown, with only Bloodmage Thalnos and Leeroy Jenkins. Still missing a couple of commons, but I did end up rounding out almost all of the rares,. Even so, unless I DE golden cards, I still can't even make a legendary after ~90 packs.

Ridill
    BG Level

welcome to the ea-ization of blizz

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think that's because you haven't finished your commons. With luck, I can make a legendary out of 40~ packs, but I have almost all the commons/rares/epics

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Nah. I'm only missing 9 total commons (counting 2 each), and they only give 5 dust each. I don't have enough of the rares (61 missing total) or epics (53 total), to get a consistent legendary, from DE'ing packs. That will probably take another 100ish packs to do, assuming I only get half the rares needed on each set of 50 card packs opened. I suppose for total legendary cards, I'm ahead of the RNG curve, but Sylvanas and Jenkins are the only good two I have, and neither are particularly useful in the decks I can make/enjoy playing.

I just think that, in general, cards cost too much to make, and not enough dust given when you DE them. I'd like to see some ways to consistently make dust, through daily/weekly quests vs Nax heroes, or some other such game mode, but I don't think the games matured enough to do that just yet. Yes, I do understand the whole money concept, but since I don't physically own the cards (having done so, with other card games before-hand), I just don't feel the current system is rewarding enough to generally spend real money on the game; Naxx being a special occasion because they actually gave you really good value for your money. At least with physical cards, they could be re-sold, many for a good price, which generally got you a lot more packs, a lot more cards, and the capability for the system to keep cycling, but the DE method is a poor substitute for that process

What would really be cool is if there were an AH, for the cards, and you paid with dust. That way, prices of cards would reflect their demand, both by their card status assigned by Blizzard (Legendary/common), when you DE them, and their value to the current Meta, as assigned by players.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You have slvanas and Leeroy, what decks do you enjoy playing? Those 2 are staple in most archetypes, leeroy for aggro/rush and sylvanas for control.

You can receive dust by doing arena, FYI. Not much, but it's an option and the most value for your gold vs buying packs, just takes longer and is tedious.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Mage/Warlock, with occasional Paladin, Druid, and Warrior. Until this round of packs, I didn't have Leeroy, and I now that have all but one copy of a murloc card, I'm playing around with a Warlock Murloc deck, and Leeroy is in there now. My mage is an enrage/vanilla stat deck, and I either keep your minions off the board, so Sylvanos wasn't necessary, or, in the rarer case that my board is being cleared, popping Sylvanos just got her cc'd down. I've had better consistency, with some other rares in there, but I'm still considering Leeroy just for quicker face smash potential. My warriro deck is currently a weapon/enrage deck, so there's no spot for either atm, but it's new re-vamped and not tweaked. Paladin and Druid still lack needed class cards to be really viable, but I'll play them if I get a 60 gold quest for them. They may end up going into them, as I play around with each deck and all of the new Naxx cards I also just got.