okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BOOM

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

https://www.fablelegends.com/news/free-to-play-faq
    Free to play FAQ
    How much will Fable Legends cost?

Fable Legends will be free-to-play on Windows 10 PCs and free-to-play with Gold on Xbox One. This means you’ll be able to download the game on either system and play through it beginning-to-end without having to spend any money.*
    Why have you decided to make Fable Legends Free to Play?

We want to open the exciting world of Fable to more players, and we see free-to-play as a great way of doing that.
    Are all of the quests and storylines also free?

Absolutely! The story can be played beginning-to-end for free.
    Are the Heroes free?

There will always be a set of Heroes available to play for free. The Heroes on free rotation will be available for everyone to play for a set period of time.
    How will Hero rotation work?

A set of Heroes will be available to play for free for a limited time, after which a new set of Heroes will take their place. This gives you the chance to play every Hero in the game for free over time, and any progress made on a Hero will be kept until they come back into rotation.

If you want permanent access to Heroes outside of free rotation, you’ll be able to earn them through gameplay, or purchase them for real money.
    Do players who pay have an advantage over those who don’t?

No. You’ll be able to earn everything that affects gameplay.
    How does customisation work?

You will be able to customise any Hero! From outfits through to hair colour and different faces, you’ll have an abundance of choices open to you.

Customisations will be unlocked either with earned in-game silver, or by purchasing them. Some cosmetic items – that change your look but don’t affect gameplay – may only be purchasable.
    What will I be able to buy as a Villain?

Each Quest in Fable Legends has a number of Creatures that are native to it. If you want to use Creatures that are non-native to that Quest you will be able to unlock them through gameplay, or by purchasing them.

You will also be able to earn or buy different types of Traps and Gates to find new and exciting ways to take down the Heroes.
    Will I need Xbox Live Gold membership to play Fable Legends on Xbox One?

Yes. Being a multiplayer game, Fable Legends will require Xbox Live Gold to play.
    Will I need to pay for Gold membership to play on Windows 10 PC?

No, Windows 10 PC will not require Xbox Live Gold.
    Will purchases I make on Xbox One carry over to the Windows 10 PC version?

Yes! Progress and items will be synced across Windows 10 PC and Xbox One. You can play on Windows 10 PC, and when you log in on Xbox One with the same account, pick up where you left off.
    Will there be a boxed collector’s edition of the game?

We know that a lot of people love to collect physical copies and special editions, we are looking into this and will keep you updated.
    How will free to play impact the development of the game? Will you focus more on shop items?

We want Fable Legends to be a brilliant game, and we have taken extra steps to ensure that the free-to-play model does not define the game. Our focus is on delivering high quality content for you to enjoy.

Following the launch of Fable Legends we will continue to deliver regular updates including new Heroes and Quests for you to play.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2015/03...-cloud-compute
    The development team initially tried P2P (in this context, Peer-To-Peer) networking, but ultimately decided to go with dedicated servers in order to provide the best possible gameplay experience for users, and it will use the Xbox cloud compute by Azure in order to do that, similarly to Titanfall or Forza Motorsport.

First of all, there’s extra security versus hacking: Arifianto explained that with cloud compute they’re running all the simulation, physics, damage calculations, loots, rewards, experience etc. on the server side, which makes it basically impossible to hack. Then of course there’s the fairness of no host advantage, which usually plagues games with P2P configurations, and the added bonus of solving potential NAT issues between different users, something that I’ve personally experienced way too many times recently.

Finally, Arifianto said that a platform wide solution for cross-device voice chat between Windows 10 and Xbox One will be available later this year, so Lionhead is currently using its own internal solution until then.

Fable Legends will be completely platform agnostic, meaning that gamers won’t even be able to see the platform being used by folks in the friends list; everything will carry over from Windows 10 to Xbox One and back: progress, achievements and purchases.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/fable-leg...KRSrZzBZoOJ.99
    Fable Legends will be available for Xbox One and PC on October 13.

The news comes via a San Diego Comic-Con recap video published by the official Xbox YouTube channel. The notice appears at one minute and 50 seconds.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Nope
    We look forward to opening the world of Fable Legends to players this holiday, but don’t have anything more to share on specific release timing. The date listed in the San Diego Comic-Con Xbox recap video was incorrect and we apologize for any confusion.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ease-date.aspx

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

as a side note, from what I hear from an anonymous source, the F2P approach (at least with current prices in beta) are price-gouging as fuck. Heroes cost between 1400 and 2800 gold each (they are tiered for some awful reason). for 59.99 you get 12800 gold. so at most maybe 8 of the characters, source didn't say if there were 8 available at the lowest price. If you were to use the in game silver to buy them, they are still tiered, and cost by the source's estimation 25+ hours of work for the low tier, and 50+ for the high tier. Hopefully these prices will change, but they are not planning on wiping profiles again before launch so that may be final, and if that's accurate it's pretty fucked up. If you can only get half the heroes for the price of a full game, than just fucking sell it as a full game and include everything.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Game cancelled, Lionhead closing.
    http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/07/micr...medium=twitter
    Changes at Microsoft Studios, UK and Denmark
    by Hanno Lemke, General Manager, Microsoft Studios Europe Posted on March 7, 2016 at 6:45 am
    Today, I have some difficult changes to announce that affect some of our Microsoft Studios teams and projects in the UK and Denmark.

After much consideration we have decided to cease development on Fable Legends, and are in discussions with employees about the proposed closure of Lionhead Studios in the UK. Additionally, we will close Press Play Studios in Denmark, and sunset development on Project Knoxville.

These have been tough decisions and we have not made them lightly, nor are they a reflection on these development teams – we are incredibly fortunate to have the talent, creativity and commitment of the people at these studios. The Lionhead Studios team has delighted millions of fans with the Fable series over the past decade. Press Play imbued the industry with a unique creative spirit behind games like Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Kalimba, which both captured passionate fans. These changes are taking effect as Microsoft Studios continues to focus its investment and development on the games and franchises that fans find most exciting and want to play.

I speak for all of Xbox when I say that despite this news, we remain committed to the development communities in the UK and Europe, and Xbox will continue to support new IP and originality in the games we offer on our platforms, whether they’re AAA blockbusters like Quantum Break from Remedy, adventurous new IPs like Sea of Thieves from Rare, or unique new creations from independent developers like Moon Studios with Ori.

We have nothing but heart-felt thanks for the members of Lionhead and Press Play for their contributions to Xbox and gaming. We are committed to working closely with those affected by today’s news to find them new opportunities at Xbox, or partnering with the broader development community to help place them in jobs elsewhere in the games industry should they desire.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got in the cb and only played it once last year. So terrible man.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Damn, so close to release and they cancel and close the studio? Must have been really bad.