1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 4 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Time to level a healer class or something mabye less stressful?!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Naw fuck that, I love this job. I'll just have to learn to adjust to the SE delay on moves and whatnot. Perfecting my own rotation can be done. Dealing with split-second timings with "you can stand out of the red but your ass will still get hit because Japan using PCs" mechanics; that I'll have to work on.

Do what I did instead:
    Spoiler: show

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

But it's sooooooooooooo boring

123qe123123a1123qe123123a1123qe123123a1

Edit: Also I can count the number of times I've been hit by a red line/circle while tanking on one hand (that I didn't intentionally eat) and 2 of the times were in BCoil where they very obviously have not tuned them as well as they did for the Primals/rest of the game. (ADS Laser beam right side is wider than the lines)

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Do what I did instead:
    Spoiler: show

Hellz no, warrior is too fun and glad/pally too damn boring lol. My whm friend loves warrior tanks, could be he's just gotten really shitty paladin tanks at 50 in his runs though. Either way, warrior's will probably be the go to tank once shit is on farm and people are comfortable and geared up a little I would think.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

How dissimilar is gearing a Warrior versus a Paladin? Would it be feasible to have one set of gear, and just swap out the sword/board for an axe?

I went and did Curtana in the time that I was doing Titan.

Warrior would be better later, but going back and doing something like Titan with 1000 more HP and way more DPS is not the same as doing it now. Same thing for Coil, but so far I think you could offtank with Warrior but there's so little room for error that Paladins ability to keep themselves from dying is pretty beneficial.

--

You can gear them identically. If I was Paladin super white knight extreme ball licker hard mode then I'd probably have melded Determination instead of Critical Hit Rate to my gear, but outside of that I think they are pretty similar. I find Paladin to be extremely faceroll compared to Warrior, but it gets the job done and alleviates some stress on the group.

I might look into leveling it after warrior hits 50 and I get my armorsmith/mining up more. I mean eventually i plan to have every class to 50 anyways. Its good that the gear transitions between the two, which is gonna be nice when you have someone with war/pld to 50 that knows how to play both and can just go "Well this fight works better for pally *BAM*...ok now this fight is better for warrior *SUPERBAM*"

That alone is probably one of my favorite parts of this game, no need to level and gear alts up, or log out and on them, or need to complete achievements on 2 characters etc etc.

Question time:

At lvl 38 now, did any of you guys even bother with the Heavy Iron/Steel armor? The set that makes it so you cant wear a helm/boots. To me it seems only SLIGHTLY better armor wise then other gear. It looks pretty badass..but I also hate how I cant put my visor up with it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    I might look into leveling it after warrior hits 50 and I get my armorsmith/mining up more. I mean eventually i plan to have every class to 50 anyways. Its good that the gear transitions between the two, which is gonna be nice when you have someone with war/pld to 50 that knows how to play both and can just go "Well this fight works better for pally *BAM*...ok now this fight is better for warrior *SUPERBAM*"

That alone is probably one of my favorite parts of this game, no need to level and gear alts up, or log out and on them, or need to complete achievements on 2 characters etc etc.

Question time:

At lvl 38 now, did any of you guys even bother with the Heavy Iron/Steel armor? The set that makes it so you cant wear a helm/boots. To me it seems only SLIGHTLY better armor wise then other gear. It looks pretty badass..but I also hate how I cant put my visor up with it.
    I am using it on my 40 war, I like it. Better stats and defense for anything else available and you get materia slots. I also am not fond of the visor on all the time look.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Once I could, I farmed seals for the GC gear of appropriate level. Lasted me a pretty long time. Most of the GC gear lasted until lvl 45 when I got AF. Chest piece was replaced at 43 when I got a good chest piece from stone vigil.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rajah Samsara
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I finally had an opportunity to run with a Warrior. He was tanking through brayflox. Justifiably, as a Paladin, I wanted to see their hate control. The hate control is fine (Granted this is with 2 low enmity SMN). I didn't take the time to look at damage received, without a shield, we already know the reality.

But here's where I worry. Whenever adds are slept (and Warrior takes more damage than Paladin, regardless), the Warrior has no way to build enmity on them without waking them. So to me, as a main tank, Warrior will remain a pure DD and a backup tank if SHTF

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What? They don't use flash or something?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Who the fuck is sleeping adds in a 4 man dungeon?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Who the fuck is sleeping adds in a 4 man dungeon?
    Seriously, lol.

I'd venture to say that Warrior is vastly superior to Paladin in the easy 4mans, just because they boost the amount of DPS done significantly. Not to mention in larger packs Overpower is amazing.

If you really want to sleep, any good Warrior should have Flash equipped. You need GLA 15 to unlock Warrior anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    Seriously, lol.

I'd venture to say that Warrior is vastly superior to Paladin in the easy 4mans, just because they boost the amount of DPS done significantly. Not to mention in larger packs Overpower is amazing.

If you really want to sleep, any good Warrior should have Flash equipped. You need GLA 15 to unlock Warrior anyways...
    I don't have flash, took featherfoot, second wind and conv for healing boost. I guess id equip flash if I was told CC was gonna happen, but good people will let me hit the mobs with an overpower, and then sleep a target as I pull the rest backwards a bit. That or when I see a sleep hit a mob, I dont use OP and just cycle my 3 step aggro moves into each mob to keep aggro on them all.

Warrior will remain a pure DD
    What? Warriors are anything but pure DD

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post

Question time:

I skipped it. I had calvary + a few atherite upgrades that put me over. I did use the pink heavy steel flanchard for awhile.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rajah Samsara
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You're gotta read between lines. Warrior is taking more damage, loses more hate. If adds are slept, needs at least one more flash on the adds than the Paladin. He probably has less piety too.

With adds awake, hate is no mention, but Warrior is sopping more MP and more cures. Plus I stress that single target damage is of focus, blinding the adds is normal, but AoE isn't the justified method. Slowly killing all mobs vs quickly killing each mob = more MP used with no advantage in time.

Like it's that hard for a paladin to wrap his adds in front of his shield, he'll have so much pacification the adds won't even JA with them wide awake. Not to mention mitigation: Sentinel/Rampart/Shield Oath/Hallowed Ground/Bulwark/Awareness and Stun on GCD with 6 sec

Lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    You're gotta read between lines. Warrior is taking more damage, loses more hate.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think taking damage causes you to lose any hate in ARR.

Also, I haven't played enough to say one way or the other, but while it's true that PLD has a lot of damage mitigation, WAR has a fair amount of HP restoration.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm only nub 35, but I just use overpower all the time and spec and do as much as I can dps wise. I don't care if a mob is slept or not; I tell people not to waste time sleeping mobs before we start. I mark the targets and go. It's worked through Brayflox or w/e so far, I'll probably have to adjust that attitude later on or just level pld.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast