1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 12 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rajah Samsara
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

After 2 C2's you'll need to flash again on a slept mob

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

If your healer has to use Cure 2 when the mobs are being slept, something is super wrong.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rajah Samsara
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

relentless huh

I'm not saying Warrior can't tank - it's just not the better choice

Still a very good DD

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    relentless huh

I'm not saying Warrior can't tank - it's just not the better choice

Still a very good DD
    how bout we split the difference and say it tanks differently than pld? :D

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rajah Samsara
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Completely true

Taking damage doesn't cause you to lose threat.

Warrior only takes (static) 20% more damage than Paladin.

Paladin cannot, will not, will never hold threat as well as a Warrior. This is impossible. A Warrior can better manage groups and it can better manage single target and it is not only better but significantly better.

Now get the fuck out.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I've had absolutely no issues tanking 4-mans. I think you've just had a bad warrior tank that didn't have updated gear or something. Or they didn't know what they were doing. Unless I had a pat mob join in, I never dipped below 50% health. The healer never was stressed out with anything(vent buddy) so I'm not sure.

I'm curious to see the difference so I'll end up taking GLD up more and see how things are.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rajah Samsara
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yes, dead tanks are great tanks.

You would never tear hate off a Paladin on one target. You would never take less damage than a Paladin. You would never use less MP than a Paladin, unless every one of your fights is less than 10 seconds and all you do is avoid anything with a challenge. But whatever man.

?_?

Take your existential autism and shit up somewhere else.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rajah Samsara
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You've got a pretty little mouth

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Yes, dead tanks are great tanks.

You would never tear hate off a Paladin on one target. You would never take less damage than a Paladin. You would never use less MP than a Paladin, unless every one of your fights is less than 10 seconds and all you do is avoid anything with a challenge. But whatever man.

isn't this the warrior thread? not a warrior vs. pld thread?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rajah Samsara
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Which is why I say, MRD suit up full STR and DEF, fuck the VIT

The idea being fastest kills possible, most mitigation possible

VIT will increase a 3 minute heal and that is it

Their isn't a semblance of oh, gee, I don't have enough HP. Having enough HP is to determine how much you need to not get one-shotted.

User was infracted for this post.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Oh good, a PLD thread has popped up. Go amuse yourself over there.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Why is this a War vs. Pld all of a sudden? Pld has like, 4 threads.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Question time:

At lvl 38 now, did any of you guys even bother with the Heavy Iron/Steel armor? The set that makes it so you cant wear a helm/boots. To me it seems only SLIGHTLY better armor wise then other gear. It looks pretty badass..but I also hate how I cant put my visor up with it.
    A little late to the party for this, but you get some decent armor upgrades (Mythril) while in Coerthas. Lv40 gear. Should last you until Lv45 AF. Can also buy it off MB and just take Allaghan coins as reward. Might even come out ahead depending on MB prices.

Paladin cannot, will not, will never hold threat as well as a Warrior.
    Problem is that paladins seem able to hold threat entirely sufficiently. Threat isn't really a "more is always better" thing -- if you don't lose aggro, you've done enough and any more wouldn't matter. Paladins are at least completely fine for single-target fights, and also seem able to put out enough AoE enmity to hold a group of mobs if the DPS aren't being complete newbies with their targeting and timing.

If it takes 500 TPS to hold aggro (numbers produced from arse) and paladins can generate 800, what's really the value of warriors generating 1200? Once they get Shield Oath for double enmity, it appears that paladins no longer have any problems holding aggro unless other players fuck up, which can happen just the same for warriors.

And then you can start to add the considerable paladin advantages of being able to generate enmity on CCed targets, no directional or targeting requirments, Flash using MP instead of the easily depleted TP, having the ability to continuously replenish the resource unlike warriors who are just completely fucked when they inevitably run out of TP, and the added blind effect which essentially gives the paladin a permanent evasion buff.

Pure TPS aside, every single thing is vastly in favor of the paladins; so if they can continue to generate enough TPS into the endgame, what really is the point of the warrior class at all? It would then seem that paladins do literally everything better except for dealing damage, the one thing that tanks shouldn't give a flying fuck about.

Regardless, I would really hope that SE aren't intentionally balancing the tank classes on whether or not they can generate enough enmity to perform the role. That would be a declaration of incompetence.

It's not a matter of whether Paladin is enough (it generally is, but there are times when healers can easily catch up to them) but a matter of the two tanks coexisting in the same run. For a Warrior to co-exist with a Paladin, the Warrior is either the main tank or the Warrior is doing retardedly gimp damage in order to not main tank. Even without Defiance, a Warrior can easily catch a Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Even without Defiance, a Warrior can easily catch a Paladin.
    This is the truth. I have to slow the fuck down on WAR otherwise I start tanking.

Also, why is being able to gain hate on slept mobs so important?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I say again why are you sleeping anything in a 4 man instance?

Maybe its cause healers can't handle that kind of pressure, and you need a heal specced paladin to be able to keep up.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

if you sleep a mob, I imagine it would be if you had... what... 4 or more? by the time it would wake up, first marked guy should be going down at which point the tank should check on that sleepin dude and unload hate attacks on it and there shouldn't be any issues.

morans gunna moran though, huh.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast