1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 0 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 9 hours, 48 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Ohh, I gotcha, my bad. Yeah I mixed up Infuriated and Infuriate.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I just IB whenever the boss uses a WS on straightforward stuff. In AK I can only stun every other Thunder 3 on first boss so I'll pop IB as it lands to mitigate most of the damage. IB on breaths for not-Shadow Dragon, etc. For harder stuff I tend to save stacks as much as possible for cure potency, but it really comes down to gauging it yourself based on the fight/gear/healer/etc. No real clear cut answer. Obviously popping it every 15~ seconds is gonna be adding a good chunk of damage so if you can do so go for it.

^ same, when I know a bit hit is coming and the healer's heal isn't gonna top me off, I hit IB to get another dose of hp.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey guys,

Today I've looted some Hoplite gear pieces from Amdapor, and I've seen they have no parry, should I wear them despite not having parry? Atm I have AF armor from job quests.

And does anyone have any parry table for warriors?

Thanks!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by XaocRamuh View Post
    As far as I can tell, that table has absolutely nothing to do with the potency of the actual Parry stat, so that doesn't really answer the question of "Should I wear this even if it doesn't have +parry?"

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    As far as I can tell, that table has absolutely nothing to do with the potency of the actual Parry stat, so that doesn't really answer the question of "Should I wear this even if it doesn't have +parry?"
    Just posting again to say that yea, it doesn't answer what I'm asking

Thanks eitherways and I hope someone can say something about it.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

We have anything on parry rate rather than the damage reduction? Kind of felt like it was a meh stat but I've been noticing a huge amount of parries as I've been gearing up. Not being able to parry m.dmg kinda sucks but even reducing the auto attacks so significantly has been nice.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I dont know if any real testing has been done on +Parry. I think Parry only reduces auto-attacks, but I think I may have seen a Parried 'on-hit' attack once (in DD against Taulurd).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

A few mentioned void thunder from the first boss in AK, there's no need to stun it, just run behind the boss and it will interrupt the cast.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by XaocRamuh View Post
    I dont know if any real testing has been done on +Parry. I think Parry only reduces auto-attacks, but I think I may have seen a Parried 'on-hit' attack once (in DD against Taulurd).
    You can parry physical WS too, I parry stuff like Grand Sword from colossus all the time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I just IB whenever the boss uses a WS on straightforward stuff. In AK I can only stun every other Thunder 3 on first boss so I'll pop IB as it lands to mitigate most of the damage.
    Why bother stunning it? All you have to do is walk one step through the Psychflayer or the Succubus mobs and it interrupts their Void Thunder III. Apparently SE was too stupid to have them spin around, and walking through them instantly LoS's the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Why bother stunning it? All you have to do is walk one step through the Psychflayer or the Succubus mobs and it interrupts their Void Thunder III. Apparently SE was too stupid to have them spin around, and walking through them instantly LoS's the cast.
    Happens all the time with players, why not with enemies? lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Happens all the time with players, why not with enemies? lol
    Don't play any casters at present, wasn't aware the LoS mechanics were just as stupid for them. That's pretty amusing though.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Happens even without cast bars, if any enemy crosses thru while you're still in the animation the attack could get stuff.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Noob question about gear and stats, but I'm assuming when you feel comfortable with your vitality/hp, going after str gear is the way to? Like str in your accessory slots since we should have enough vitality in our body gear

I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable with my HP until maybe full lv90 gear.

I personally find Warrior to be broken and in dire need of changes, I said this long before I ever ran into the problem itself but my assessment hasn't changed upon reaching it. Our self heals do not scale well enough, they aren't functional, our healing w/Wrath is not good enough of a bonus, we are unable to manage cd's to actually tank hard hitting mobs. I've seen a lot of good suggestions around, some pretty much in line with what I said earlier in the thread. I see some issues with Paladin too, but the class itself isn't DoA. Really, I'd just want to change Flash a bit so it scaled better.

If you love Warrior and plan to play it at Titan -> forward, definitely Vitality. If you are going to make the educated decision to level Paladin, then choose whatever you want. I kept mine in STR so I could SR shit content faster.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

I personally find Warrior to be broken and in dire need of changes, I said this long before I ever ran into the problem itself but my assessment hasn't changed upon reaching it. Our self heals do not scale well enough, they aren't functional, our healing w/Wrath is not good enough of a bonus, we are unable to manage cd's to actually tank hard hitting mobs. I've seen a lot of good suggestions around, some pretty much in line with what I said earlier in the thread. I see some issues with Paladin too, but the class itself isn't DoA. Really, I'd just want to change Flash a bit so it scaled better.

If you love Warrior and plan to play it at Titan -> forward, definitely Vitality. If you are going to make the educated decision to level Paladin, then choose whatever you want. I kept mine in STR so I could SR shit content faster.
    I have both paladin and warrior at 50 I just hate the idea of running my warrior in the same gear as my paladin. I leveled scholar to 50 and have been doing all the end game stuff to get an idea for all the fights, and I just started getting back into tanking and upgrading gear. Guess I'm still in the mindset of 1.0 warrior

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

I hope they do something to make Sword Oath occasionally usable. The only time I use it currently is on the Demon Wall. It'd be nice if it augmented Savage Blade to be conal or something (or augmented Circle of Scorn with enhanced enmity or something). The three minute cooldown on Bulwark is also stupid.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I hope they do something to make Sword Oath occasionally usable. The only time I use it currently is on the Demon Wall. It'd be nice if it augmented Savage Blade to be conal or something (or augmented Circle of Scorn with enhanced enmity or something). The three minute cooldown on Bulwark is also stupid.
    Sword Oath needs a major buff to be comparable to Shield Oath. 50 AA potency is meh, and the effects you get from Shield Oath trumps it extremely hard. Sword Oath is nice to use vs Trash mobs before endgame, but once you start doing AK and beyond with DPS that doesn't suck, you need Shield Oath to handle the frontloaded damage that DPS does so you can keep enmity. I honestly have no idea what SE wants us to do with Sword Oath in it's current state. It was always kind of bad.

But Warrior needs to be looked at before Paladin. I'm kinda surprised it's Warrior that has the issue and not Paladin due to my 1.0 experience. But, thanks to endgame being all about taking spike damage, I made an educated guess that Paladin's mitigation would trump Warrior's damage soaking.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast