1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 2 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Warrior (because lol Marauder) (Last update 9/1/13)

1. Best race

Lalafell is tops because they are hardest to see esp. in PvP and any other discussion regarding race isn't advanced.

2. Best Grand Company

Any discussion regarding this isn't advanced.

3. UI Setup

Obv. you should be playing keyboard+mouse or some combo of such with gameboard or whatever. If you were like, damn imma use a controller and be as good as Church then many lols will be mailed to you via the all new and innovative Moogle Delivery System (tm). Clicking is your friend, if you have played FPS then maybe you got the skills but if not then you need practice and lots of it. I recommend playing a healer who clicks to heal to practice being a tank.

Other than that it is preference really but there are some things that are logical that when people don't do them then i get lost but whatevs.

Here is what I use, notice how it glistens.

Side note: I could prolly get rid of 2nd chat log, I never read it and if you type during combat then you are bad for not doing damage instead. If you are dead and typing then I probably don't care what you are saying.

12345QERFG ALT SHIFT because CTRL is retarded to press. Baller status if you remove CAPS LOCK because who needs cruise control.

Notice the flow, 1+2+3, 1+4+5, so amazings.

Apparently not.

4. Cross Class skills

Eh.

So I found a use for Flash, it lets me continue massive deeps rotations sans spamming overpower for < 3 mobs at a time. Right now I'm running the following:

Second Wind
    Flash
    Provoke
    Featherfoot
    Internal Release

Edit#1: Convalescence and Awareness are pretty useful for specific situations. Garuda (for example) can blow a Warrior up with a wind based MOAB in 0.9001s when her damage sister is alive, with all the other things that need to happen at that moment, not taking critical damage and being healed for 30% more are pretty big. Your choice for what to drop, in Garuda, Flash is probably the least useful because you still have Overpower and don't really run out of TP. In other situations that can easily change.

I don't see this changing because what's going down on the parser is ridic. Basically pub stomp bads all day. Makes it easy to ID people who know what DPS means too.

5. Super dope rots

Super easy.

Use Defiance, keep Wrath V up at all times, use Steel Cyclone/Inner Beast when Infuriate is up on bosses, never lose Wrath V, manage Berserk/Vengeance/Infuriate when in dungeons to always have Wrath V, do retarded damage.

Overpower >3 mobs.

Mark target you want dead first, do Storms Eye, switch to other target(s). Do enmity, then Storms Eye, first mob should be dead. For groups, like I said, keep WrathV up and use Overpower. Otherwise, initiate with Flash so you don't blow TP and you can chain the dungeon 5eva. I don't use a lot of Fracture on trash because it dies too fast, I need to get 3+ ticks out of a non buffed one for it to equal the other shit I'm dropping.

Boss
    Infuriate>Stormy Eye combo, get Internal/Zerk up, use Fracture, get hate combo rolling. Use buffs appropriately, save IB/Infuriate if your healer is shit (common), liberally use your heals otherwise to help out so the WHM can put out sick deeps too. Keep Maim buff up, Storms Eye buff up, Fracture up. So easy, a caveman could do it.

Use defensive buffs when appropriate as well, don't just spam them on cd like a fucking bad. If there are phases where your healer will deal with adds and you'll be sans cures, you might want to save some shit to deal with that so you don't get faceraped by tentacles.

Some bosses have other mechanics and you have to manage Steel Cyclone (like idk, garuda) and in those cases what you should do is manage SC/Infuriate so that they are always up for jumps.

Stun AoE shit for the group if it can be stunned, or be like me and don't so you can watch bads die to Ifrit Hard so you can 3 man it like champs. Why you die, get out of red circle. Too easy.

6. Stat Allocation

Currently using 30STR, currently topping DPS charts for the planet and being #1 Earth Warrior, will change if necessary but it really, really hasn't been. FFXIVAPP needs to track Parry tho so pls get on that. Also SCH and MNK DoTs.

7. Melds and gear stuffs

So they fucked over getting iLv70 shit from the vendor and it's ridic now, but still worth it unless they add iLv90 gear. Most of the Darklight gear is absolute trash so if you used tokens I feel bad for you son. Not rly tho. Most classes are better off getting iLv70 gear/craft items and getting an HQ because lolNQ then melding the shit out of it. Some classes get a lot of good options, like BRD, but the Militia gear for BRD is also psick and can be melded.

I haven't melded my Choker and I'm saving for a Darksteel Belt atm, but my accessories are as follows:
    Amber Earrings: 6VIT 4STR 10Parry 10Crit 10Acc
    Amber Rings: 6VIT 4STR 10Parry 10Crit 10Acc
    Tortoiseshell Bracelet: 6VIT 4STR 10Parry 10Crit 10Acc

Tough to remember I know.

I will meld Determination instead of Accuracy to belt/neck, and then continue working on upgrades for iLv70 accessories. The Imperial gear is also a good choice to meld to and I may upgrade some of those to that in the near future (like maybe today). I am mainly waiting for a friend to waste his stuff first and find out what the caps are. If you are like some people then someone will just give you a set of HQ Heavy Darksteel then you can be truly baller status but for the rest of us plebes that is just a dream and you'll likely get Allagan shit before then unless you are also bads and just want top tier gear for town.

Please discuss and tell me about using Flash or how you think Warrior should be a DPS instead.

User was infracted for this post.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Also...

Oh man I know there is nothing stopping me from my Destiny but in the rare case that b) is an actuality then there might be some merit.

But this game is crayola kids so I doubt it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm not dumb enough to invest a single point in STR when your weapon means far more than anything and 30STR is actually not that much... whereas 30VIT is actually a huge chunk of HP.
    I'd rather have that safety net in case someone fucks up than kill something .03 seconds faster.

Did you save the 'damage taken' data? I'm pretty sure full str would take much less physical damage, right?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaope View Post
    Did you save the 'damage taken' data? I'm pretty sure full str would take much less physical damage, right?
    I would venture to guess they they would take less, yes, but not necessarily "much less." Has anyone done testing on the returns STR gives to damage reduction from blocks/parries?

Does str affect attack speed? The averages are about the same, the difference is in the amount of attacks.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

That's cray, so it's generally better to go the HP+ route instead of STR+ route? Does that go for most jobs? Sad if it's better for a THM to go PIE instead of INT.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Suited Aces View Post
    Does str affect attack speed? The averages are about the same, the difference is in the amount of attacks.
    Clock: 51m 51s
    Clock: 47m 59s

No. Also, it's hard to base any conclusions off of that data, since we don't know what was being attacked.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    That's cray, so it's generally better to go the HP+ route instead of STR+ route? Does that go for most jobs? Sad if it's better for a THM to go PIE instead of INT.
    Wait until you see mitigated damage before passing that judgement. If the damage mitigated is close to/higher than the HP received from VIT then STR will win out in the end.

That is unless there is some burst skill that will OHKO you unless you have placed points into VIT.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Church fixed his post so we'll try this again.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    THM already has unlimited MP, why would you bother with PIE?

Started off with the str route, switched to vit because lol duty finder. The 560 ish hp can really help an under geared healer (read: most of the people I seem to get) and the dps lost is really not very noticeable.

Crazy.

On another note, there will come a time where 30 points into VIT won't be enough to save Warrior lol. There are some big changes to make this class more functional.

Can WARs chime in with their stat spreads? Without dumping the 30 STR, I was parrying 22% of damage. With the 30 points I was getting 23%. Of course, I have Darklight Belt/Wrist/Neck for VIT and like no STR gear aside from Electrum Rings (melded with VIT so i have STR VIT and DEX on the same piece >_> ), but i'll post it later when I get home (Idling in my Inn Room like a bawse).

SideNote: I am not affiliated with Ventus Invictus, it just so happens that "Invictus" is my favorite poem and I am a career tank, so I felt it was appropriate.

SideSideNote: It would be great if there was another Ventus Invictus blog post like, sometime this millennium. kthnxbai

376STR
    387VIT
    730DEF
    520Parry
    411Crit
    448Accuracy

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    THM already has unlimited MP, why would you bother with PIE?
    Not the thread for this, but for instance casting more fire spells before having to switch back to ice. If the damage from 1-2 more nukes outweighs the added damage to the lower number of nukes, then it is absolutely worth while to go for. Just depends on the numbers which I can't speak to because I can't log in and ding 50 on THM.

Don't MP costs scale with MP Pool though?

Thanks Church, what's your Damage Mitigation %?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Don't MP costs scale with MP Pool though?
    I think it's along the lines of Cata era WoW, where it's scaled off whatever your base MP at your level would be.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast