1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 21 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 12 hours, 28 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 159 FirstFirst ... 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 ... LastLast
    The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The effect of favors has been adjusted as follows:

The duration of favors has been reduced from fifteen minutes to five minutes.

The rate at which concealed gathering points appear has been increased by 300%.
    well, I guess it reduces the annoyance factor a little at least. I was hoping for a reduction in the random.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I haven't gathered any favors before, but wouldn't the 15 minute be nicer(?) as you have time to build GP between nodes. Also when farming for it, does it pop on the nodes or a special node in an area appears upon chance etc. Also is gathering just high enough that GP really isn't needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    I haven't gathered any favors before, but wouldn't the 15 minute be nicer(?) as you have time to build GP between nodes. Also when farming for it, does it pop on the nodes or a special node in an area appears upon chance etc. Also is gathering just high enough that GP really isn't needed?

GP has 0 impact on favors, unless youre tryin to King´s Yield the already (for the most part) Useless materials.

It has a chance to pop nearby after you deplete a node, unless youre a BTN in SoC, cause youre fucked then and have to go way out of your way to find the damn thing. I did a shit load of these on crafting gear and Serpentskin body and had about 90% Gather. Only time I ever used to GP to increase % was on the HQ variant.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It pops on random chance in the vicinity upon depleting a node. There isn't that much use for abilities, unless I missed something, you only get one (of each type) per popped node anyway. abilities for multiples don't work. the random was pretty bad, I had one 15 min stretch where I saw a total of 1 concealed node, then I stopped caring. You would need pretty bad luck to actually _need_ to use gathering up abilities, my gimp alt had 80% chance I think it was on the "rare" one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Was just reading a post about pre-hitting 4 nodes to 1 hit left might give it a shot or just be lazy and pick up both mainhands. Haven't spent a red script yet out of caution.

Was just reading a post about pre-hitting 4 nodes to 1 hit left might give it a shot or just be lazy and pick up both mainhands. Haven't spent a red script yet out of caution.
    I wouldnt get the mainhands just yet... Even with New MH and OH, the gathering rate on folklore nodes is about 85%, so its kind of a wasted investment IMO. Those scrips are better off spent gearing your crafters in preparation for the new recipes. At the old rate, we averaged 3 items x favor. And by the look of things, it seems to stay the same for the most part, just in a smaller time frame.

Oh And I think you can only "pre-deplete" two nodes, three maybe. Once you hit the fourth, the first will reset.

Speakin of, werent we supposed to get new crafting recipes in this patch, or did I misread that?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So finished crafting all 51-60 items in the log book thinking an achievement would be popping up. Nope'd hard. It wants you to pretty much craft everything possible in that class (oh joy). I'll do it, stupid achievements taunt me and motivate me to play, but do pvp items count as proof of completion, and masterbook items don't count but I feel short of a few possible synths.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Housing maybe? I don't think PVP counts

(I assume anything with a checkmark counts)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah gotta have check marks. Thus my masterbook lists look like I haven't crafted a thing. I try a housing piece eventually but that's just gonna be dicks.

jk looked at my housing list and saw a check mark. Fuck you crafting devs.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Yeah gotta have check marks. Thus my masterbook lists look like I haven't crafted a thing. I try a housing piece eventually but that's just gonna be dicks.

jk looked at my housing list and saw a check mark. Fuck you crafting devs.
    I should've been more clear lol, I knew Housing had checkmarks but wasn't sure if that was the requisite.

(Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I've gotten the achievement while making random furniture so I should've known but I'm also 90% retard)

Favor Update: Did a bunch, around 10 favors (2 tokens worth), and ended up with around the same avg of items as before the patch, but in 2/3 less time. So good fix, IMO.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    Favor Update: Did a bunch, around 10 favors (2 tokens worth), and ended up with around the same avg of items as before the patch, but in 2/3 less time. So good fix, IMO.
    Actually I've ended up with way less. Factoring in the time it takes to run around and gather nodes to have the concealed node spawn takes up way too much time. Even if you pre-gather nodes. They should have made it a 10m buff.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by nyczducky View Post
    Actually I've ended up with way less. Factoring in the time it takes to run around and gather nodes to have the concealed node spawn takes up way too much time. Even if you pre-gather nodes. They should have made it a 10m buff.
    What?!?!?!?!? Two people did something involving RNG and got different results?????

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It is true, you'll get fewer items on average now since the time spent travelling/gathering from concealed nodes is now proportionally larger than before.

That being said, its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by nyczducky View Post
    RNG is RNG. I´d much better spend 5m and get nothing, than spend 15m and get nothing.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

15 min per favor was ridiculous. I've grinded allot of favors before and after patch... It's roughly around the same. Time is money, and at 15 min per favor you're losing tons

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What's the best way for gathering DoH/DoL materia nowadays. In my limited amount of research I've come across things that say...

-ilv70-110 have the same increased chance of tier IV materia. Chance resets at ilv115.
    -Left Side DoH and DoL gear only SB when you do their respective activities.

Assuming the above two are correct (And in my experience of converting my i13x and i14x HQ gear from story and attempting to SB i100 nq gear like the days of Urth's gift) I'm at a complete loss of how to get crafting/gathering materia aside from praying my retainers do me a solid or I manage to wiggle some out of my FC's coffers from the airship ventures.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For what it's worth, Adaman pick axe yielded me a T2 materia for when I SB'd :')

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    What's the best way for gathering DoH/DoL materia nowadays. In my limited amount of research I've come across things that say...

-ilv70-110 have the same increased chance of tier IV materia. Chance resets at ilv115.
    -Left Side DoH and DoL gear only SB when you do their respective activities.

Assuming the above two are correct (And in my experience of converting my i13x and i14x HQ gear from story and attempting to SB i100 nq gear like the days of Urth's gift) I'm at a complete loss of how to get crafting/gathering materia aside from praying my retainers do me a solid or I manage to wiggle some out of my FC's coffers from the airship ventures.
    Dhalmelskin/rami i155 sets have the best chance at t4 materias, so thats your best bet atm if thats what you´re aiming for. Serpentskin/Chimerical/adamantite seems to be broken, since you get shit (t1/t2 materias) out of them.

SB all crafter gear while doin favors is the best way to sb this ish atm.