1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 159 FirstFirst ... 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    SB all crafter gear while doin favors is the best way to sb this ish atm.
    Wait, what? Does DoH gear bind while doing DoL activities?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    -Left Side DoH and DoL gear only SB when you do their respective activities.
    I read that and assumed that wasn't an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Wait, what? Does DoH gear bind while doing DoL activities?

I read that and assumed that wasn't an option.
    Sure does. DoW/M gear binds while crafting/gathering as well. You used to get 20%ish x 15m favor, now, at 5m, you get around 10%. This is with SB pot and Binding II FC action.

Yeah idk wtf that guy is talkin about, but you can sure bind doh gear while gathering. Made millions off it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The stuff I tested was SBing up DoH/DoL il100 gear out of it by killing HW mobs. Wasn't able to get above 1% against level50 ARR and Level50+ HW mobs.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've spent my first bunch of red gathering scripts on BTN/MIN weapons and just did the math....another 11 weeks to get full left side red script BTN/MIN gear.

Just WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I've spent my first bunch of red gathering scripts on BTN/MIN weapons and just did the math....another 11 weeks to get full left side red script BTN/MIN gear.

Just WTF.
    And all of it for a measly +50 Gathering. Lolz.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Future Proofing!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I bet $5 we have better left side crafting gear in 3.1 because SE doesn't know what they are doing sometimes.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

thinking in 3.1...

beastmen daily will give tokens to buy the ooleds n crap to be able to craft the i170 like ixtal daily token stuff.

3.2 the i180 will become blue scrip/cheaper red scrip, and new items will be added (but I think mostly it will become semi expensive blue scrip item via tokens in mass)

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ding Ding
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I bet $5 we have better left side crafting gear in 3.1 because SE doesn't know what they are doing sometimes.
    I take your bet. We won't have another left side until 3.2

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ding Ding
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    thinking in 3.1...

beastmen daily will give tokens to buy the ooleds n crap to be able to craft the i170 like ixtal daily token stuff.

3.2 the i180 will become blue scrip/cheaper red scrip, and new items will be added (but I think mostly it will become semi expensive blue scrip item via tokens in mass)
    I dont think the next beast man quests will work that way, more likely they will add something by the end of the expansion so people can catch up. Red scrip will become uncapped in 3.2 and they will introduce orange scrips as the new weekly cap stuff (but this time the left side set will be a uniform rather than per class but the mats required for the token of the next tier master book will come from capped scrips. And they could be speciallist only recipes). They may even raise the red scrip cap to 900 as they will do to eso cap in 3.1

3* stats requirement will be around 800/800

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

so i got dol grandmaster tonight, and i'm confortable with gathering atm. also have 60 wvr and cul, but haven't done any red scrip doh at all yet. for favors, if i don't know what i want yet, and how much i plan to commit to them, should i just sit on red gatherer tokens until i make a decision, or sell the favor items to make some money? i got the btn mainhand, but haven't bought anything else since.

both crafters are in the yellow 60 set melded, but not overmelded. can't remember exact craft/control atm. basically brand new to crafting, and already behind in terms of scrips so not sure how to proceed.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    for favors, if i don't know what i want yet, and how much i plan to commit to them, should i just sit on red gatherer tokens until i make a decision, or sell the favor items to make some money?
    That is an entirely subjective question. Do whatever you want. Either money or pretty gear.

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    so i got dol grandmaster tonight, and i'm confortable with gathering atm. also have 60 wvr and cul, but haven't done any red scrip doh at all yet. for favors, if i don't know what i want yet, and how much i plan to commit to them, should i just sit on red gatherer tokens until i make a decision, or sell the favor items to make some money? i got the btn mainhand, but haven't bought anything else since.

both crafters are in the yellow 60 set melded, but not overmelded. can't remember exact craft/control atm. basically brand new to crafting, and already behind in terms of scrips so not sure how to proceed.
    Start cappin those red crafter´s. It doesnt take as much time, and wont use up many materials as they used to either. Cul is supposed to be the "easiest" (cheapest) to cap, but IMO its just a waste of time as it takes almost twice as many crafts to cap. I´d power lvl crp, bsm or alch.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by crystalszero View Post
    I take your bet. We won't have another left side until 3.2
    Based on patch notes, it looks like 2.x series went:

2.2: Artisan/Forager's main tool and head
    2.3: Supra main tool, i55 belt/accessories
    2.4: Artisan/Forager's off tool and left side (except the Artisan's Apron, which is listed in the 2.5 notes)
    2.5: Lucis main tool, i70 Adept's body/hands/legs/feet

Obviously they're doing things a little differently this time around, but it wouldn't surprise me to see roughly the same kind of progression for 3.x.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Question with the soul of the crafter for 480 red scrips, is that just if you decide you picked the wrong one? Are you limited to only 3? Or spending that extra amount lets you specialize in all classes? I was under the impression of only 3 but just a thought that popped in my head.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Still limited to 3, that's just if you want to change one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Question with the soul of the crafter for 480 red scrips, is that just if you decide you picked the wrong one? Are you limited to only 3? Or spending that extra amount lets you specialize in all classes? I was under the impression of only 3 but just a thought that popped in my head.
    Why would you even wanna specialize in anythin at this point lol Specialization is useless xD

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Alright, recently took WVR to 60 as a first craft and then leveled everything else to 15. I have an unmelded HQ Chemerical and Serpentskin set and am starting to plug away at some blue scrips. So, three questions:

1. Should I spend blue scrips on WVR master books? The gear looks subpar as compared to what I have
    2. I am thinking CRP to 50 and CUL to 37 next. Yay or am I missing something?
    3. I have not done any Ixali quests but I seem to read a lot about them in old posts, should I be doing these?

Thanks!

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Alright, recently took WVR to 60 as a first craft and then leveled everything else to 15. I have an unmelded HQ Chemerical and Serpentskin set and am starting to plug away at some blue scrips. So, three questions:

1. Should I spend blue scrips on WVR delineations, and master books? The gear looks subpar as compared to what I have
    3. I have not done any Ixali quests but I seem to read a lot about them in old posts, should I be doing these?

Thanks!
    1, Yes, you'll need the blue scrip books for the final doh class quest and for red scrips.
    2, You need those, but I'd go for BSM pretty quickly too, Byregot's Blessing is king for those HQs.
    3, Not anymore, they were the source of the "best" crafting gear (when multimelded) when they were released, but now it's a waste of time really,you'll burn through the levels where it's good pretty quickly.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post

1. Should I spend blue scrips on WVR master books? The gear looks subpar as compared to what I have

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    2, You need those, but I'd go for BSM pretty quickly too, Byregot's Blessing is king for those HQs.
    I'mma be kind here and just assume that you had a mental derp. CRP is BB, BSM is INGII.

cdgreg, while obviously you want to get them all to 50 for the moves, you might want to put Alc up there too. Comfort Zone is pretty swell. Nothing better for HQ than BB though.