1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 159 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Great Strides + Ingenuity* + Byregots

(also steady hand if you're not a gambler)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think ingenuity is an as-needed addition to the combo. I only use it when hasty is sucking. Otherwise I have no need for it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I have Ingenuity II set, but I hardly ever use it. I probably will when I get to 2-star stuff, but for 1-stars it's rarely necessary (also I don't usually have enough CP at the end to use -all- of those, and I'd prefer to use Steady Hand II over Ingenuity II).

I seldom find myself with a CP defecit and besides, Ingenuity II will often shave off a progress action after you've used Byregot's leaving you more dura to work with overall.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Hmm, interesting. I may need to re-think the way I handle progress on my 80-durability synths...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's probably CP-inefficient but I tend to use Steady2 and Ingen2 together, at least at first. When Steady wears I use the rest on progress because I will forget about it if I don't do it right after the first Hasty cycle.

One nice thing I'm realizing is that if a synth is really fucking you over on success rates, Rumination will probably give back enough for Reclaim. When the alternative is a Byregot's that won't do the job in that situation, I can dig it.

I always do progress at the very end, as long as I know how many turns I need it works well with Strides + Steady + Ingen. because you only need to use Ingenuity once to get the benefit on your big quality money shot and your progress skills.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I like to use progress attempts as a ghetto Observe. There's certain situations where you just want one turn to go away (e.g. you have 1 turn left on CZ).

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I am back and forth on HT, honestly. Got CUL to 15 for it, specifically, and just...I dunno. 60%(with SH) chance of upgrade for free feels so nice on paper until you get to the 4-5 fails in a row. Thankfully I can Manipulation multiple times, but idk. It feels like it does its job, but at the same time is more of a gamble than BT. I think I just need to get SH2 and make it feel better.

Hasty + Steady 1 is 70%

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

what stat is my priority when i'm melding materia onto my AF?

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Hasty + Steady 1 is 70%
    If it's anything like Gathering's bonus, it's a % of the success rate, not a bonus %. Is it fully proven/shown that Hasty + steady is 70?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    If it's anything like Gathering's bonus, it's a % of the success rate, not a bonus %. Is it fully proven/shown that Hasty + steady is 70?
    Uhhhh, what "Gathering bonus" are you talking about? The Whisperer traits are additive, "a bonus %" as you put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    It's been pretty well established that the bonuses are additive as are DoL's.

Idk how could you think gathering's bonuses weren't, it shows you the change in % right in the window.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    It's been pretty well established that the bonuses are additive as are DoL's.

Idk how could you think gathering's bonuses weren't, it shows you the change in % right in the window.
    ...So apparently I went full retard last night and thought it wasn't like that. Sorry for seeming so derped out. Don't post when you're still waking up, kids.

That said, I'm about to finish BSM as my first craft, and I keep looking at the other abilities and I'm not sure which I want to power up next. I see a lot of the sub abilities being fantastic, mostly Weaver's 50. Idk I just like the perfect synth ability. Though SH2 is a close second to rush for. How did most of you guys take your crafts up?

I did all of my lvling save CUL in 1.0 so I can only recommend based on what skills I use.

Tricks, Comfort zone (ALC), Hasty, Steady II (CUL), Manipulation (GSM), Careful II (WVR), Ingenuity II (BSM), Byregot's (CRP).

That's pretty much all I use in terms of cross class stuff. Manipulation is for 40 dura synths, for 60 I use Mend II (most efficient dura/cp).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kurai Entreri
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

For culinarian i went strictly leves. So many different mats to collect, it can get quite annoying.I hit 37 for steady2 and quit.
    my main is armorer at 41, rest are 15-18.
    Shooting for Careful II, Ingenuity II and Byregot's.
    Which order is preferred? Byregots, careful, ingenuity?
    Also thinking weaver first if not just for being able to craft DoH gear for the others.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Byregot's singlehandedly makes 40 dura leves not suck to HQ so I'm a big supporter for it sooner rather than later.
    Don't know how much worse Careful I is over II in terms of "x to finish" since I had WVR 50 from 1.0
    You won't really need Ingen2 until you're making */** items.

Byregot's is probably one of if not the most important skill to have and is complemented best by Hasty and Steady II.

Once you have it quality gains become about quantity over quality (confusing terminology much?), you just want as many successful quality gaining actions as possible to power up for your big Strides+Byregot's finish.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm a heavy proponent of Waste Not (II), so it always baffles me to see the number of people who choose not to use it. I use it in literally every synth.