1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 159 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    Does this website not calculate IG2 for quality? I'm moving the IG2 around and the quality rating is not changing.
    (A lot of us are using http://ff14.nikeya.jp.net/crafter/en)
    IG2 has no boost to quality , only boosts progress....

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    It's cheap and if you have no other CCs worth setting it's the first thing I'd put back in (though I also rarely use it).

@Judah's rotation: I don't like only 8 hasty chances I can appreciate making a rotation that is not reliant on TotT to finish, but personally I have never not had at least one Good per synth.

I'll try to get an infograph up of my rotation sometime today if I'm not lazy.

Also... this rotation can work on all crafts.... I had a problem with another rotation on leatherworker because I couldn't fit enough additional skills , I could only choose 2 actions out of Innovation, IG2, Reclaim....

I prefer endings with as many chances of good or excellent for BB...
    Hasty Touch > Excellent > BB
    Hasty Touch > Normal/Good > Great Strides > Normal > Innovation > Ex/Good > BB
    Hasty Touch > Normal/Good > Great Strides > Normal > Innovation > Normal > (Progress) > BB

Also, you can adjust... if I were to blow the risky Rapid Synthesis, I can just try another later, subbing out a Hasty Touch, I can go as deep into the synthesis as I can saving at least 50 CP for Reclaim.... cause 6-7 stacks and an Excellent for BB can have good results

Don't like 8 hasty touches? welp you gotta take risks of losing millions of gil :D
    Would like to see if someone can make a 100% progress rotation with 9 or 10 quality moves.... I can't figure it out, thats not dependent of ToT procs every other turn.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My rotation is a few posts back, uses WN2, 4* minimums using HQ bouillabaisse. 11 hasty chances.

CCs used are: Byregot, PbP, WN2, Careful2, Tricks, CZ, Hasty, SH2, Reclaim. 9 here. I will typically use Rumination as 10th.

Even if you use BSM you will be able to fit everything. If it has 1 CC ability native (ARM, LTW, WVR) I will also set Innovation (though might not use it). There's room for Rapid on any class with this if you want to try and incorporate, I just didn't want to because I would need more craftsmanship. Using Rumination lets you Good-fish all the way to last possible moment. At that point you can always Rumi-Reclaim because if the synth was bad enough that you wouldn't have continued, you'd have used Reclaim much sooner.

It requires 1 TotT to finish, 2 to be smooth otherwise the last set of Hasty don't have a SH2 (don't really need the full amount from HQ Bou but I'm too lazy to see if I "need" less at the point where I'm already using CP food). Done maybe 50 synths with this and only ever wanted to Reclaim once or twice. Almost always get both of the TotT I need. The HQ rate from raw on stuff like Wootz Ingot or Ebony Lumber isn't always good but don't typically need all HQ for the final gear synths anyways.

The 4 SH2'd WN2'd Hasty have to be done; the 3 steps of PbP is a good time to pop one TotT if it comes up. If you get Good between SH2 and WN2, go ahead and use it. Can do the 3 SH2'd Hasty, 3 PbP, and a CS2. In the SH2 Hastyspam before MM2, pop as many TotT as you get. If you run out of SH2, use some CS2. BB Good-fish starts at 35/80 dura, minus 10 for every CS2 you might have used earlier. Pop GS, fish with CS2s if possible, then decide if finishing or Reclaiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I ended up using a modified version of the WN2 one because I don't want to rely on / set Rapid and I have lower craft: http://www.ffxivcrafter.com/crafting...tor&guid=cbb9T

It's reliant on one TotT to succeed, more makes it smoother. I wouldn't call it guaranteed reliable but it works for me. I'll use TotT once during WN2 after SH2 falls off, if applicable. All other times you'd use it are fairly obvious.

This build also lets me keep Rumination, which lets me keep fishing for Goods as long as possible and not have to budget 55 CP for Reclaim.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Judah R View Post
    Quality has a level penalty attached to it. Why would IG2 not affect quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Judah R View Post
    Uh....no, it increases quality gains.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

As a side note, in the new era of RNG-heavy crafting strategies, I'm thinking of changing my initial post rating of Reclaim to S-tier, WN2 and RS to B-tier.

I still don't think WN2 is quite as useful as WN1 (because of the harsh TotT restrictions on WN2) and every RS strategy I've seen so far is a sidegrade at best.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Uh....no, it increases quality gains.
    Correct! I was wrong mah bad, was thinking of something else......

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seitzer's Saga
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Hello, I would like your opinions on CP for 4★ gear. I hear mixed numbers of either 349 or 352 (pre-food). So how many CP do you guys run with?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

349 is with Ixali gloves, no CP meld on offhand.
    You can get 3 more from CP meld native CP on AF (i55)/Artisan (i60) gloves.
    An additional 3 from CP meld on Militia (i55)/Artisan (i70) offhand.
    355 is true max pre-food.

I run 355.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Not sure if this is the right thread or not, also didn't want to necro the materia thread. Has there been testing on caps for the i110 crafted gear yet? Can't seem to find any tangible info. Made my 1st HQ Wootz body today and am lost as to how I should meld it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Pruviant View Post
    Not sure if this is the right thread or not, also didn't want to necro the materia thread. Has there been testing on caps for the i110 crafted gear yet? Can't seem to find any tangible info. Made my 1st HQ Wootz body today and am lost as to how I should meld it.
    Body/Legs are +41 for all stats but dtr which is 29. I'm not sure about piety.
    Belt is +19 but Dtr is +13 iirc
    other shit are +25 and +18 for dtr

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Thank you!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just look at i110 gear in general. Stat caps are the same as the primary secondary stat on gear for DoW/DoM gear. The only shit with goofy caps is crafting/gathering.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

How reliably can the artisan off-hands be HQed? I'm thinking about getting one made with my mats (saving 500k or so), but want to get an idea of the risk first.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

As reliably as any 3-star synth (which to any 4*-capable crafter now should be "pretty easy"). Might need to Reclaim if bad RNG, but it's not unforgiving.

Think I NQ'd 1 in 13 of ones I made for myself or others, and the 1 was just rushing + not paying attention.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I just went the route of making the BSM offhand and getting Vulcan Supra to make getting the rest far less of a hassle. Even makes GSM/WVR easier since BSM also makes CRP offhands.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Alistrianna View Post
    I just went the route of making the BSM offhand and getting Vulcan Supra to make getting the rest far less of a hassle. Even makes GSM/WVR easier since BSM also makes CRP offhands.
    would hope most go that route, it makes almost all but like 2 of the tools
    Got to say though... making that very first tool, can really stress you out ;/

Nearly shat bricks when I hit about 52% quality on my WVR offhand with a i55 offhand saw >.> (still HQ!)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All mastercraft books done over the weekend zzz all gear done too/melded so it's just been a constant gil income. So many offers to make items for people to glamour but don't like the idea of paying 100k+ for something they could turn around and profit off of :c

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Failing a reclaim fills me with so much rage.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    All mastercraft books done over the weekend zzz all gear done too/melded so it's just been a constant gil income. So many offers to make items for people to glamour but don't like the idea of paying 100k+ for something they could turn around and profit off of :c
    Yeah, I don't see much profit in doing that as people soorta "feel" like if their providing it all, why should they pay much

I've noticed a nice trend though, the gap between NQ and HQ is getting kind of large on some items, so making gil spewing out mass of HQ is becoming profitable lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Failing a reclaim fills me with so much rage.
    Luckily, I've only had reclaim fails while working on books

I got one rosegold cog HQ to make to finish my GSM book, don't care for alchemy really >.>
    I'll save up for it though, just in case SE decides to give alchemy something actually remotely useful

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I feel like ALC was thrown a bone in 2.2 with Terminus Putty and now SE has decided to relegate it back to stepchild status.