1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 28 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: New FFXIV official forums     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Soda Pop
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ambiant View Post
    It's sad. I can't even log in. I just get: Temporary Session is invalid. Please try again. I don't even get to chose a char or anything, just tries to log in with my account management thingie with the 1 time password, the site where you pay for the monthly services of the games. FFXIV is on mine, but no FFXIV: ARR yet till we can put in the unlock codes i guess. Pfft. I was in beta, wtf se ? Was nothing like this in beta forums. Posted there just fine.

/rant
    I had this exact same problem. Are you based outside of the US? I'm from Singapore, and I've read about other Singaporeans having the same "Temporary session is invalid" problem. The workaround that worked for us is to access the forum using a US proxy. I used one from Washington D.C., and it allowed me to log in and register. After registration, the proxy is no longer needed to access the forums, so it seems like there's some kind of IP check for the first registration.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Carraway View Post
    Official forums throughout XIV 1.0's history were a great source of information. I'm thinking primarily of Sol_Aureus' WHM guide and a few Kaeko/Seiken/Dancing Mad posts, but there were several other assorted discussions. I fondly remember a huge debate about the optimal archer rotation during Darkhold. The signal:noise ratio was about what I expected, and it wasn't far off from what I experienced on WoW's official forums when I played in vanilla and TBC.

Rather than outright dismiss a platform for discussion, I personally find it more productive to use the official forums in whatever capacity I can.
    Bah, I'll give it a chance.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sodalitas View Post
    I had this exact same problem. Are you based outside of the US? I'm from Singapore, and I've read about other Singaporeans having the same "Temporary session is invalid" problem. The workaround that worked for us is to access the forum using a US proxy. I used one from Washington D.C., and it allowed me to log in and register. After registration, the proxy is no longer needed to access the forums, so it seems like there's some kind of IP check for the first registration.
    I'm in Canada less than 10 mins drive from the USA border. I've no clue why it doesn't like Canada.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Ambiant View Post
    I'm in Canada less than 10 mins drive from the USA border.
    Same here, though we're able to log in. Our problem is that the forums are unbearably slow to load. Like ~2 minutes to refresh or open a page.

My gripe with the forums is the damn posting limits. There's so much fucking herp derp that I wanna lay into, but I can only do so much of it per day

I have this error when trying to log in = "Failed to confirm the session key."

What does it mean? My ID and password is correct, but still can't get in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5