1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 8 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 LastLast

Thread: Bard Detail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I mostly use this rotation as my BRD opener, as it aligns CDs pretty well while minimizing wasted ready time.

-> 8Sec Pre-Pull
    Foe Requiem
    Quelling Strikes
    -> 4Sec Pre-Pull if no Foes needed
    Battle Voice
    Hawk's Eye
    Raging Strikes
    -> PULL Bloodletter (need to hit when the tank does the first hit on the boss)
    Straight Shot
    Blood for Blood
    Internal Release
    Windbite
    X-Potion Of Dexterity
    Barrage
    Venomous Bite
    Flaming Arrow
    Repelling Shot
    Heavy Shot
    Bloodletter (If available)
    Blunt Arrow
    Heavy Shot
    Bloodletter (If available) if not use Potent Poisoning Potion
    Heavy Shot

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Started working on my Alexandrite trials, mid-TIer3 Savage Aim atm on my Artemis Bow. I know after Savage Aim III I will need 11 Savage Aim IV. I have a question though. Is +11 Crit worth like 3.4M~? On my server Savage Aim IV are going for about 316k/pop. =(

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Started working on my Alexandrite trials, mid-TIer3 Savage Aim atm on my Artemis Bow. I know after Savage Aim III I will need 11 Savage Aim IV. I have a question though. Is +11 Crit worth like 3.4M~? On my server Savage Aim IV are going for about 316k/pop. =(
    currently, maybe? since 3.0 makes Skill Speed the dot damager we will find out if everyone who just did crit det needs ss det (also your server is cheap 550+ on cerb)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    currently, maybe? since 3.0 makes Skill Speed the dot damager we will find out if everyone who just did crit det needs ss det (also your server is cheap 550+ on cerb)
    I don't know. Skill Speed annoys me... i106, not gearing for Skill Speed But I have 446 and pretty much run low on TP most fights....that shit already drops fast, and Bloodletter procs will still be a think after 3.0 even if Skill Speed does affect DoT procs.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

The skillspeed changes are irrelevant in the context of the existing relic weapons because they confirmed there'll be a new quest. There's like a month left before the expansion - rather than asking yourself if 11 crit is worth 4mill in a vacuum, ask yourself if it's worth spending that much money right now.

Personally I'd just finish the quest the cheap way (crit/det/acc) and move on.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Put in enough ACC to swap DW hands to IW hands and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Get DW bow and call it a day.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    If you want the best stats overall for your brd then do your zeta with some acc on it. Taint showed it was a better choice than crit + det 100%

If you're just now doing your relic, you're not exactly on the cutting edge to need the bestest stats.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    If you're just now doing your relic, you're not exactly on the cutting edge to need the bestest stats.
    I was deactivated for over a year, I quit about a month before Novus came out. <.<;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Put the amount of acc you have on dw hands on your bow crit to the max then det last.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have a question about this Alexandrite quest. Ok, so, Ariyala.com has max stat split as 91 any way you want. But I can only put 75 Alexandrite into my weapon. Where does the extra 16 stat come from? DO you get a bonus after completion? Or does T4 materia give you more than one each? Because T1/T2/T3 I've used so far has all given me 1 stat per materia.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

You get 1 stat per materia, but when you upgrade your weapon ilvl, it upgrades the secondaries proportionally.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Chance
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There are thresholds to reach in your allocation at novus stage to maximize the +16 that come later. Detzu's comment is good advice. You can get away with a bit less (I have 9, that's from 8 at novus stage)

Other thing is you want to get on lights asap so if you don't have the Gil on hand to buy the materia, make it cheaper as being able to progress in the later quests is more important than this allocation and the cost of adjusting afterwards will be marginal.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I would do this too ... you can rework the stat allocation at any time, even when in the middle of farming lights. Just throw some accuracy (or something cheap) on there to get Novus done and fix it when you can/gil is available.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is there any reason for BRD main to level ROG/NIN? Does it have any cross-class skills for BRD?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

ROG skills can't be cross classed by any job currently so there's no need to level it for BRD. It'll share BRD accessories but that's the extent of it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This is a random question I was debating with someone, does your Crit number convert to % chance you crit or % Chance you crit AND raises the ceiling damage for your crit attacks.

Crit rate stat only effects crit rate.

Nothing effects the power of crits, they're just damage x1.5

At 50 +14.4 crit rate stat = 1% effective crit rate (this will change with the increased level cap)

Base crit rate with no gear (341 crit rate stat at 50) is a little more than 5%.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That's what I thought, he was telling me it raised the ceiling. Would be sweet if it did but from what I knew it was just %. Thank you.