1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 2 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Detail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

tol

Almost 50 on Bard on non-legacy server.

How would you guys approach gearing up @lv 50 in my case? I think I'll buy the lv 50 Maelstrom GC Bow to use until I can get something better as seals are not really a problem. Is it mostly the goal then to chill in AF until you get the tokens necessary for Darklight gear and then work your way from there? Is there a better set than AF dropped in the last 3 dungeons etc? (Im only up to Aurum Vale atm)

Ridill
    BG Level

anyone figured out for sure the requirement other than arch 30?

keep hearing from different places that it's pug 15, lnc 15, or both, if it's just one it would be nice to know which

tol

pgl 15

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Welll,,,,, (and keep in mind this was info from 1.0) it went:

Artemis(of course)>Limsa=Garuda>gridania>giants gall double melded>ul'dah>moogle>Ifrit

I haven't started delving into builds for 2.0 end game yet, not sure if church has either, but i suspect that there are a couple of choices that you'll be able to get when more of the population starts running more higher level instanced stuff
    wat

Serpents is by far the best GC bow and Limsa bow sucks.

Mog bow is best primal one, not even worth really mentioning a second and while Garuda's is tech second best since none of y'all have any hope of beating that any time soon you're looking at Mog / Primals / Serpent / Longarms Composite (new relic). If I had a choice between the other primals and the serpent I'd probably use that though.

Relic bow +1 is not good at all ?

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Again in 1.0, so bare that in mind, but the higher delay on the limsa bow allowed for a more efficient auto/skill rotation for Garuda than twin adder or Garuda. Now adays I'm sure it's shit though (well comparatively)

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Relic bow +1 is not good at all ?
    Also, shut up

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    wat

Serpents is by far the best GC bow and Limsa bow sucks.

Mog bow is best primal one, not even worth really mentioning a second and while Garuda's is tech second best since none of y'all have any hope of beating that any time soon you're looking at Mog / Primals / Serpent / Longarms Composite (new relic). If I had a choice between the other primals and the serpent I'd probably use that though.
    Where would you place Flame/Titan? Ifrit one is pretty low on the list, ya?

Thinking it's something like Allagan > Relic +1 > Relic > Mog > Serpent > Garuda > Longarms > Flame/Limsa?

Relic+1 is better because the stat if offers more of is more beneficial for what you'd be using it on. Allagan still better than reg arty bow for damage value->mog. The Primal weapons DPS is high enough to be better than anything else below it, then Serpent, then other stuff/gc stuff.

Mog weapons are tits all around, sad I got rid of all of mine even if I'd never use them anymore.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

meh

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by aishiteru View Post
    so is serpent really better than garudas in 2.0?
    Item level is not a difficult concept. (link)

It's not really about item level so much, but I also never said it was better than Garudas and specifically said otherwise.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

can confirm, as 50 bard, it is indeed pugilist required to unlock. lancer 22 is for invigorate is just fine until you reach cap. the 38 skill won't do too much.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheman View Post
    can confirm, as 50 bard, it is indeed pugilist required to unlock. lancer 22 is for invigorate is just fine until you reach cap. the 38 skill won't do too much.
    Ehh... I was working to get "Blood to Blood".
    Is it not worth it anymore?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, think about the alternatives. It's not as big of a priority as Invigorate, which is pretty much required, especially in AoE situations, but there's no reason not to get it outside of laziness (which is my excuse).

tol

blood for blood is an amazing buff and all you have to do is take lancer to 34, not really that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by tol View Post
    blood for blood is an amazing buff and all you have to do is take lancer to 34, not really that hard.
    It was what I think

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

what ability rotation is everyone using at 50? just got on the job for the first time yesterday since 1.0 to farm some stuff, bloodletter>venom>critbuff>heavyshot til it combos with bloodletters whenever its up and reapply venom/crit as needed along with barrage/raging etc?

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

You're missing Windbite, it also resets Bloodletter, comes from the 30 Class quest.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, keep Windbite/Venom up, Straight Shot as needed or when Straighter Shot buff kicks in, Heavy Shot otherwise.

Between GCDs, I go with a priority of Mercy Stroke > Bloodletter > Flaming Arrow > Buffs. You'll want to space out buffs so that you're reapplying DoTs while internal release is active, for the increased proc chance for Bloodletter (since I believe the buffs only work when you're applying the DoT, activating them while they're on already won't do anything).

Also if it's a fight where Silence isn't needed, can throw Blunt Arrow in as well for that max DPS.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast