1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 23 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Detail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

None of this tells me which is the better DPS option!

Basically I'm an NA on an EU server so I end up doing stuff with some really shitty players when my FC is asleep. Generally it's when stuff is still alive after I've run out of TP through AoE spam after using invigorate and I have Requiem up for the mage who must be doing like nothing at all. Or it happens with those tanks who pull 3-4 mobs then start getting the next 3-4 when 1-2 mobs are alive.Yes I get groups that bad and have no idea how, the woes of DF etc.

My kingdom for a competent group who runs on an NA evening on Ragnarok (Server transfer not an option, don't want to leave my ffxi friends of 8-11 years)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Well, given the choice between the two options, I'd wait on TP and use Straight Shot (and perhaps throw up Paeon). You're going to have to wait on TP eventually anyway to re-apply DoTs, so you may as well wait a bit now and have some surplus waiting in the wings.

As always, shit is situational. I used to run into this situation at the end of conflag phase in turn 5 (thanks, Selene), and in that case I'd just keep blowing Heavy Shot until she flew off.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

If you have no TP, it doesn't really matter anymore. Don't run out of TP in the first place?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Invigorate should have been activated when you hit just below 600TP so that by the time you are getting low again, Invigorate would be nearly cooled off.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Like I said, this is when AoE spamming once I reach the point where my TP won't let me carry on using AoE.

I don't run out of TP in normal circumstances. Just when AoE spamming in terrible DF groups.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

When I run out of tp from aoe in terrible groups I pop paeon.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'm still terribly confused about stat weights, especially when I want to compare fully melded i90 pieces with 110 coil drops (boots, gloves, helmet especially). Comes down to 6DEX vs 21Crit+3Det and the like.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Ilvl/DEX trumps secondary stats virtually all the time. People get i90 pentamelds because it's a better (but expensive) stopgap that prevents them from having to buy a soldiery piece they're eventually going to replace with High Allagan or whatever.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Currently tossing up between Wave Bow or my +37 Dex Artemis Atma. Which's more worth it: 3 attack or 39 crit?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by ePHANTASMAL View Post
    Currently tossing up between Wave Bow or my +37 Dex Artemis Atma. Which's more worth it: 3 attack or 39 crit?
    3 damage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 39 crit

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The actual comparison here is 1DMG 39Crit vs 3DEX.

When he said "attack" he meant "attack power", not "damage", as it's listed in the character stats menu, which is just a straight copy of your DEX. How he managed to completely overlook the 1DMG difference, however, I do not know.

The DMG+Crit (i.e. Wave Bow) wins.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ah, thanks for the clear up. I've always thought Physical Damage = Attack Power... welp ._.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I recently swapped to bard as my main and I gotta say... this class is probably the hardest in the game to be a raid lead and also maintain good dps.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

What are you doing as a raid leader that's occupying so much of your brain power?

If it's really that difficult, you should probably switch to a macro-based system, or at least have that macro readily available when you're not operating at full capacity.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

"Macro-based system" basically meaning "pick 1 GCD and make it your 3-in1" or "make a separate 3-in-1 or 2-in-1 (BL+ME) button" and you're done.

Personally I make Wide Volley (Q) my 3-in-1 and spam it during single target "rotation". (4 3 2 111spam, rinse repeat)

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I guess its a combination of learning a new fight, getting used to a class I had never seriously endgame raided on before and making sure everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing. I was on BLM before which is super simple, but bard I have several other things I have to keep track of, as well as getting used to not using a macro as I don't want to lower my dps using a macro just because its easier.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If you use the aforementioned 2in1 it's not reducing your GCD queue delay and is probably the most optimal route.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm feeling pretty swag. Triple digit ilvls, exactly 1300 ilvls overall. So much accuracy too.

Spoiler: show

Everybody should do moogle for their neck, lol. I'm getting the weathered ring tuesday, but can't decide what I should do afterward. I can either save up for the weapon or the pants possibly.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Everybody should do moogle for their neck, lol. I'm getting the weathered ring tuesday, but can't decide what I should do afterward. I can either save up for the weapon or the pants possibly.
    Why would you bother with the pants? I get it's an "upgrade" but it's a waste of sols imo. Save for weapon, maybe get neck because it will help with accuracy, when you get the weapon, but the pants? bleh.

I'll just start using Sols on other jobs before I even think about the pants. (since I'm getting fully upgraded Rosen on Tuesday).

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I saw the discussion about pants on the previous page but I don't have T5 pants and getting the FC to farm them isn't really an option, I'd have to do that in PF.

What are peoples thoughts on melding the i90 boots with Crit to help pick up acc? Or is it not really worth it with HA Boots dropping in T6? I could get them to be Acc +21, Crit +21, Det +15 for like 700-800k. Or Acc +21, Crit +15, Det +15 for like 600k (i.e. no loss against i90 Allagan Boots)

Closed Thread
Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast