1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 35 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 88 of 105 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Detail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Battle Voice doubles the effects of all songs except for quicksong, for everyone except you.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Got an Oil from ST last night and upgraded ring. Went to buy a second ring before questioning 'Is this even a DPS increase'?

3 DEX, 17 skill speed versus 16 Crit, 8 Det. It's about even right? I can't do anything with the extra ACC unless I get certain HA drops (And I can't complain about them, SCOB has been really kind to me so far)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

16crit/8det will probably do more than 3dex.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Has anybody tried augmenting the coral ringlets? Can you dye the color of the metal?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Unsure! I would hope so. Not much else there to dye.

A question to you BRDs who run a SMN in turn 8: do you ever have to run ballad for them?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I run ballad more for the smn than the healers in t8.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I run ballad more for the smn than the healers in t8.
    This.

Our SMN usually goes BLM to T8 now because he is tired of watching his MP on that fight.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Guess I have to tell my SMN the bad news. >:D

Or just tell the SMN to chill the fuck out with the Ruin 2 spam.

Idk what the DPS gain from spamming Ruin 2 for the extra AAs is, but it sure as fuck isn't 20% of a BRD's damage.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What is considered the best set for Frontlines, given that Accuracy is irrelevant and anything above i80 gets synced down? I made what I thought would be a good set (and is what I'm currently building toward). The set mostly focuses on Crit/Det, but that's mostly because I'm unsure of SSpeed's weight in PvP.

Any suggestions or improvements that could be made? Keep in mind that I'm not really a career Bard; I currently only play it for Frontlines at the moment.

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/NG1T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

looks good, only differences I have are;

Amon's Sleeves (or Ballad Gauntlets)
    Auroral Sash
    Ring of Divine Light
    (i actually didn't think of Amon's Hat, so adding it to my own list and Ballad Crown would also work)

and Thunderdart cause it looks cooler then Elfin! (though I don't feel like doing Ramoo to get it)

I personally don't care much about Sks in there, though it can be more useful then in pve. It still takes a good coordinated effort from multiple ppl to kill a good healer, so the extra couple .01s you might get won't help much imo. The only time I would take Sks is if it's over accuracy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So I need some bard DPS help. My overall dps on T8 is about 315-325, which is low for my ilv of 108 (all 110 aside pants), and I have not beaten t9 yet to get a chance at bow.

-I am very good at keeping Windbite and Poison Arrow up and re-applying at 1-2 seconds usually. I will clip early if I have buffs up to reapply them before the buffs wear.
    -I use my buffs and Barrage on CD (well sometimes will wait 10ish seconds or so if I can stack em.
    -My typical buff rotation combo is (1) Raging Strikes and Internal release combo AND (2) Hawk Eye and Blood for Blood combo
    -I do typically re-apply straight shot when either (1) the 100% crit buff on it is up or (2) its around 7-10 seconds left (I know I should wait until its closer to being off)
    -I am good at using Bloodletter on CD and no longer than 1-2 seconds after the CD gets reset from a proc.
    -I believe I use heavy shot and other abilities on the GCD and don't wait around.
    -I don't use macro's.

Is there something I am missing? Or is my dps so low because I am not macroing in bloodletter to be used with heavy shot so that I do not need to worry about when its off CD? I find it hard to believe that it would make such a huge dps increase, but I am missing something and its been bothering me for a while.

Thanks!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm not certain that I'd call that low DPS, but ignoring that...

1) Are you being asked to sing a lot of Ballad/Paeon?
    2) Is your attention split between DPS and handling other duties? You could be losing some auto-attack time if you're running around not facing the mob (exploding mines, etc).
    3) Are you running out of TP? Your handling of Straight Shot worries me.

The straight shot thing worries me a bit if you refresh it at 7~10 frequently.
    • Straight Shot is lower potency than Heavy Shot (by 10)
    • Applying Straight Shot earlier than necessary wind up causing missed chances at a Straighter Shot procs (fewer Heavy Shots = fewer Straighter Shot procs)
    • Straight Shot costs more TP (by 10). If you're running dry (or are forced to play Paeon because of this), this is definitely a concern.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Well I hear a lot of bards with my gear should be at 350+

I run paeon a lot during the fight mainly for our DRG. I probably do about 2-2.5k mp worth of Paeon. 1k MP worth of Ballad. Throw in a bunch of requiem.
    -I know me re-applying straight shot is something that hurts my dps. I need to get better at that. I find when I save it to the end I sometimes forget about it lol.
    -for T8 I actually don't do all that much for the fight. Since our OT does all the missile running I just run into the Dreadnaught platform and do another platform if the damage increase debuff gets on somebody who I will need to cover for

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

That is way too much Paeon for T8. Something people don't get about paeon, is you don't need long periods of it, just enough to get you to the next Invigorate. We run two BRDs and our other BRD paeons like 3x during the fight, for about 10s each time(I run the one ballad we do at 50%). Either your DRG is doing something incredibly wrong to need that much paeon, or you guys just think you need more then you do(I probably call for more Paeon during T8 then our DRG does).

I would recommend going to a dummy to parse yourself and see how you do there first off, as it gives a baseline to see if there is something wrong with your rotation or if it's due to songs/duration of battle/etc.

315 is very low for i108 with a DRG but it could be the huge amount of paeon you do.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Are you always facing the boss? If you arent facing the enemy, you wont do AAs. With legacy controls its quite easy to be facing the wrong way.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Your damage is low because of 3k mp worth of -20% damage. Tell your mages to stop burning through their mp and your melee that they're getting only 1k mp worth of paeon in the middle of the fight and watch your dps increase, lol. I did a shits and giggles fight where I did paeon for at least 4k mp or something and my dps was down to like 290, and in my most recent t8 with only ~1k of paeon I did ~350. No drg in my party.

Definitely want to cut down on your straight shot usage though. You want to aim for <4s instead of 7-10s. I'll sometimes accidentally throw out a strait shot too early, but those aren't common and only happen because a quick cursory glance at my buffs made me think it wore off.

If you need to sing Paeon for your DRG so much then he needs to learn to manage his own TP better.

A BRD singing Paeon is gonna hurt your group's damage a lot more than the DRG dropping Phleb from his rotation for a bit until Invigorate can catch up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    That is way too much Paeon for T8. Something people don't get about paeon, is you don't need long periods of it, just enough to get you to the next Invigorate. We run two BRDs and our other BRD paeons like 3x during the fight, for about 10s each time(I run the one ballad we do at 50%). Either your DRG is doing something incredibly wrong to need that much paeon, or you guys just think you need more then you do(I probably call for more Paeon during T8 then our DRG does).

I would recommend going to a dummy to parse yourself and see how you do there first off, as it gives a baseline to see if there is something wrong with your rotation or if it's due to songs/duration of battle/etc.

315 is very low for i108 with a DRG but it could be the huge amount of paeon you do.
    I only so spurts of Paeon. About 3x for 600-700pm each.

Seems like my real issue is really doing Straight Shot too early (which I have been aware of), and just singing too much. When we go tonight ill do less ballad and paeon and see where I am. I'll do 2 spurts of 600mp paen and 30 seconds of Battle Voice Ballad after 40%. I'll leave it up to the healer and/or SMN to tell me to do more after that. I'll come back later tonight and give my overall figures.

Thanks for the input. I just have gotten so used to singing and forgetting about it that I really haven't thought about how it factors into my overall DPS output

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I hear that randomly bolding words also lowers your dps

Closed Thread
Page 88 of 105 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast