1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 31 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Detail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

I use repelling shot to place stardusts. As we are often running with a non-static member or 2 so it's easier for me to stand at melee range and completely avoid stacking any meteor streams.

T7 and 8 you can use repelling and flaming arrow at will (excluding jumping into a mechanic obviously). If you are new to a fight then obviously hold off, but once you get comfortable its easy enough to keep everything on cool down and not cause any issues.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I pretty much only use repelling shot for movement. An example being breaking chains really fast in t6, especially savage. I was never a fan of using it in a rotation for more damage because it feels like every time I do bloodletter resets and I end up stalling my gcd accidentally. It causes noticeable animation lock after all. Blunt arrow is the opposite though, use that shit whenever you don't need to wait for a silence.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This depends on your internet connection and probably your skill speed to a certain extent, but you can Bloodletter and Repelling in the same off-GCD span without slipping on the following GCD.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The thing I hate the most is getting ability rollbacks; e.g. I do the first shot of Windbite and then suddenly I'm not doing anything, it never happened, and my order is screwed. The worst is when using Repelling Shot to dodge something like Titan plumes or Acid Rain; it works perfectly most of the time (and the timer syncs up pretty well with Titan plumes), but the one time you get a rollback, you look like an idiot for not even trying to dodge.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As someone who used to use repelling shot to ONLY do things like that against demon wall and levi and etc, I am ashamed that I never though of using repelling to negate heavensfall pushback. Our group should be good enough for me to be able to fuck around by now, so trying it next time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Random question, but I've noticed this recently doing Gligamesh. Why do attacks from "confused" brds hit so much harder than other jobs? Most jobs hit for a few hundred but brds are hitting for well over 1k. Dunno if I should report it as a bug, since it doesn't really matter, but still.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i assumed you guys didnt have a mnk/drg that far out to be confused to see if they do that much like a brd, which means brd is definately going to do alot more dmg than a smn/sch book, blm/whm staff would

I would assume they would have made attacks by confused players just have a fixed potency regardless of job/stats.

Tho despite handling HM/BJ in T8 on my alt I can't say I've ever really payed close attention to the damage I take from the tank.

Do confused BRDs close with their targets or just attack from where they're standing?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Confused players do more damage with buffs up: my WAR tank pops unchained/berserk before brainjack to try to kill me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Assuming moogle charm is the same as brainjack charm, Bards still close the gap between their targets until they reach melee range.

Also, fun Brainjack fact; back when I MT'd the fight, I found out that while charmed, I attacked in a cone and managed to rape the entire party in a few swings during a bad run. Dunno if that was a WAR-specific thing or what, but it was funny.

...but yeah, buffs up makes a huuuuge difference in charm damage.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Suppose that your DPS lineup is MNK BLM SMN BRD.
    MNK runs out of TP and wants Paeon.
    It seems to me that Requiem (i.e. MNK is slowed down until their next Invig) should always be a greater total DPS increase then Paeon, unless the MNK is far above all other DPS under normal conditions. But how far above would MNK have to be?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

It would be really hard to come up with a solid number. Shouldn't take but a few Paeon ticks to keep them satisfied, especially if you can BV it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    It seems to me that Requiem (i.e. MNK is slowed down until their next Invig) should always be a greater total DPS increase then Paeon, unless the MNK is far above all other DPS under normal conditions. But how far above would MNK have to be?
    That was my group setup for t5-9. If our mnk ever needed Paeon, I usually needed Paeon myself.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah getting charmed as a bard is one of my favorite things.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So basically you lose two DPS to give the other two more potency (if the mnk runs out of tp, then the brd should also be out of tp). I would say they have to double their damage to make up for the loss. Can requiem do that?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Why would BRD be running out of TP at the same time as MNK? BRD has no equivalent to GL3.

In any case, the question is not "what if BRD and MNK are both out of TP?" as that is an easy question to answer.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Why would BRD be running out of TP at the same time as MNK? BRD has no equivalent to GL3.

In any case, the question is not "what if BRD and MNK are both out of TP?" as that is an easy question to answer.
    Monk abilities generally use less TP (several 50 TP abilities) comparatively to BRD (60-80) - iirc on a dummy I can go about 4 minutes (with 2xinvigorate) before running out of TP. How long does it take a bard to run dry?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by StUfF View Post
    Monk abilities generally use less TP (several 50 TP abilities) comparatively to BRD (60-80) - iirc on a dummy I can go about 4 minutes (with 2xinvigorate) before running out of TP. How long does it take a bard to run dry?
    That will vary a bit, every straighter shot proc means 10 more tp spent. From there it's just a matter of skill speed and yes, you can easily end up about on par with a mnk, especially with multiple targets to dot.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by StUfF View Post
    Off the top of my head, I don't think I was able to last until the third invigorate either. And in places like t8 it'll go down faster since there's dreadnaughts to dot as well.