1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 96 of 105 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Detail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Think of it as future proofing.

So based on T13 accuracy needed of 530ish I'm thinking of http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/O3WO as our potential BIS. Food would be HQ flint caviar which isn't on the spreadsheet yet. Does that look right to you guys or is there a better combo I'm overlooking?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Taban85 View Post
    So based on T13 accuracy needed of 530ish I'm thinking of http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/O3WO as our potential BIS. Food would be HQ flint caviar which isn't on the spreadsheet yet. Does that look right to you guys or is there a better combo I'm overlooking?
    I would agree with you on this BIS. I did the numbers a couple days ago and i got the exact same results.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does anyone know the Crit/Det meld cap on Kirimu Brais? I had a bard player's community page saved that had it, but he had switched jobs so now I'm shit out of luck w/o buying too many IV's and just attempting to plug.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Should be 41 Crit / 29 Det if other 110 Body/Legs are anything to go by.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Thank you, appreciate it. On that note goodbye gil shit is going to cost the price of a large house melding all these pieces.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I saw 41 pentamelded crit earlier on someone. So yeah it is.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Taban85 View Post
    Would something like this work?
    http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/ODZ9
    -29 DEX +100crit

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Pentamelds and secondary stats don't mean shit compared to dex, so no it doesn't work.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Going to ask in here, since the coil thread is off on cooler stuff.

For turn 10, are BRDs singing Paeon at any point, or am I being a little too liberal with DoT application on adds? I'm running SUPER dry on TP by the 2nd set of adds, and I'm trying to decide between singing Paeon or lowering the number of DoTs I throw out across multiple adds (or any other suggestions).

**We're bringing in a NIN next time, so this whole discussion may be pointless, but I'm curious all the same.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Half the time I had no tp before the second set of adds and had to paeon before/as they spawned to be able to dot them. Even with a nin in the group, there should be at least some paeon going out during that fight.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Would it make sense to Paeon right after each adds phase during the 30 second zerg? Having TP to DoT the 4 adds seems more important that a zerg phase that is really just a break in the action.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Would it make sense to Paeon right after each adds phase during the 30 second zerg? Having TP to DoT the 4 adds seems more important that a zerg phase that is really just a break in the action.
    This is basically what I do. Go ham on the adds with dots everywhere, and then Paeon for a short bit after they die. You could even wait until the Electric AoE he does, if your group's DPS is lower as the inbetween phase isn't a big deal. I paeon right after each add set.

Also for the bis, you can gain like 30 crit for 2dex and 7~det if you use 2 Ironworks rings(obv 1 nq), and the iron belt or hands.. Not sure if it's really better but something to think about and Ariyala's bis solver seems to think it's better.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do we have a sweet spot of SS that we should be striving for or is it too gear dependent to give a general number to attempt to get to w/o sacrificing our heavier weighted stats?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

0 Skill speed is the sweet spot, which is unfortunately impossible in the new bis.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What upgrade order are people going for with Poetics on BRD?

I did Ring > Gloves so far but it feels like I need to do Acc right now. Head would be my preferred option but I'd need to switch food to stay above acc cap if I also use Shiva bracelets.

I guess I'm just reluctant to get Body as it has such awful secondaries, especially considering the secondaries on the previous body, but is that what most people are doing?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Body is shit, don't get it. If you have all the good i110 BRD Acc stuff you should be fine on Acc, you just have to swap stuff around. I only have Aug Ring so far because I'm waiting to either get a weapon next week or decide if I'm playing caster instead of BRD and need to upgrade that.

I would prolly do Feet>Head>Belt>Neck>2nd Ring and those are the only Poe gear on my BiS list, though hands are nice and good for lower turns.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Kirimu coat would make a great filler body until DW body (T13 sadly), if you want to splurge on crit materia. If you find yourself needing the acc anyways; otherwise it's a minor crit downgrade for the extra det.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

As usual, buy order depends on how competent your group is at FCOB (or if you're in a group at all), and what you have from the previous set of coils. My group is still struggling with T10, and I switched from Tank to Bard for FCOB this time around, so I only have a few pieces of SCOB gear (head/wrist/belt -- I was one of 3 people lotting BRD secondary).

I'm doing Feet > Pants > Head > Ring? > Neck? > Save for weapon? > ???

There seems to be a lot of damage going out in FCOB so I prioritized left-side crap simply because of VIT.

I didn't have the pants from Second Coil, so compared with the Auroral Pants, the Poetic pants were a net improvement and also allowed me to stop eating accuracy food. Ironworks hands/belt are pretty sweet, but I'll see what we get after a few T10 kills before I dump sold on any slot that drops from there.

I won't be buying the body until I'm simply not using my Poetics for anything useful or until we're beyond patch 2.45 (or whenever they open the floodgates of Carbontwine). Losing 41Crit/20Det isn't worth a gain of 6DEX.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm probably wearing my current gear in my link but if not it's:

HA Bow
    Auroral Head
    Auroral Body
    Poe Hands (I have HA)
    Auroral waist
    HA legs
    HA Feet
    Auroral neck
    Auroral earring
    Shiva Bracelets (I have Auroral)
    Poe Ring
    Auroral Ring

We do have FCOB access. Our progress in the past has generally been 1 turn per week (I.e. 1 week to figure it out, clear it the week after). We only get together as a group 3-5 hours per week. So T10-11 gear is probably attainable (RNG pending). T12-13 is probably a while off just judging from other people's comments. My group is good, we just don't get solid time together.

I guess the main SCOB upgrade I'm missing is ring. Well and mask but I don't see the point in farming it given the stats on Ironworks head

Closed Thread
Page 96 of 105 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast