1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 57 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Detail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ah ok, for some reason I completely filtered out that Straight Shot in the middle of them so just saw it as him popping all buffs in a row. That's ok then as it's what I was doing anyway.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So...

My question is how does 1 dex translate to crit / det stats?

I ask because I am hesitant to sacrifice these stats for skillspeed/acc on some of the newer pieces.

This is my current gear set, can anyone advise if its worth it to upgrade or if the results will be negligible?

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/OVXQ

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Ariyala has a bis solver on it with the values you can look at. DEX > everything by a lot. and skill speed is awful

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    Ariyala has a bis solver on it with the values you can look at. DEX > everything by a lot. and skill speed is awful
    Thanks, I knew SS is garbage, which is why I question why I'd want to drop these other stats for SS.

My greatest concern is if there has been an "equip excel" akin to those from FF11 which will give numbers to prove this. We can all say, 6 dex is > 41 crit, 21 det, but I'd like to see those numbers to support that.

edit: care to explain the bis solver for me? I'm drunk.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It calculates the stat values and gives you the best set-up, according to whatever accuracy you need. Those stat values have been calculated by players using dummy parses and are about as accurate as we will get unless SE decides to actually give us the formulas.(which will never happen)

9.153 weapon damage
    1 dex =
    .318 det
    .315 crit
    .146 sks

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It calculates the stat values and gives you the best set-up, according to whatever accuracy you need. Those stat values have been calculated by players using dummy parses and are about as accurate as we will get unless SE decides to actually give us the formulas.(which will never happen)

9.153 weapon damage
    1 dex =
    .318 det
    .315 crit
    .146 sks
    Thanks for that. So again 6 dex =! 41 crit and 20 det, by that calculation?

20 * .318 = 6.36
    41 * .315 = 12.915

So the dex would have to be 9.6375 to outweigh these gains, correct?
    Am I doing that right?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

9.153 weapon damage
    1 dex =
    .318 det
    .315 crit
    .146 sks
    Just to clarify (because "1 dex = n" is not quite the right way to state it with the numbers you gave):

1 WDMG = 9.153 DEX
    1 DET = 0.318 DEX
    1 CRT = 0.315 DEX
    1 SKS = 0.146 DEX

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Just to clarify (because "1 dex = n" is not quite the right way to state it with the numbers you gave):

1 WDMG = 9.153 DEX
    0.318 DEX = 1 DET
    0.315 DEX = 1 CRT
    0.146 DEX = 1 SKS
    So again, is 6 dex > 41 crit and 20 det? No, right?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Katoke View Post
    So again, is 6 dex > 41 crit and 20 det? No, right?
    In terms of pure damage, no. But don't ignore accuracy, and don't forget about vitality.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post

1 WDMG = 9.153 DEX
    1 DET = 0.318 DEX
    1 CRT = 0.315 DEX
    1 SKS = 0.146 DEX
    my bad it's late and i was just copying the shit, lol

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    In terms of pure damage, no. But don't ignore accuracy, and don't forget about vitality.
    Since we're pretty obviously talking about body pieces, poet body is hot garbage and with poet legs (which at least have ACC as the major secondary, not the minor like body) and crafted+critmelded i110 body, your accuracy should be good through t13.

So in my view, it all depends where you are in coil progression (read: how soon can you expect BRD body drop from t13). If you are not already balls deep in at least t12 (and you can afford it), I'd go with the crafted+critmelded i110 body. Of course, the reader must place a value on that vitality based on his own group.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoke View Post
    Thanks for that. So again 6 dex =! 41 crit and 20 det, by that calculation?

20 * .318 = 6.36
    41 * .315 = 12.915

So the dex would have to be 9.6375 to outweigh these gains, correct?
    Am I doing that right?
    If you're going to do a proper comparison, then you need to include the SKS on the poet body.

44 * 0.146 = 6.424 DEX
    + 6 DEX = 12.424 for i120 poet body

12.915 + 6.36 = 19.275 for i110 sold body

Of course, that's presuming you don't need the accuracy on the poet body, and that's ignoring the i130 poet body. But if you compare the i130 poet body to a melded i110 Kirimu body:

47 * 0.146 = 6.862 DEX
    + 11 DEX = 17.862 for i130 poet body

(IV IV III III III crit materia; keeping it moderately affordable)
    36 * 0.315 = 11.34 DEX
    + 20 * 0.318 = 6.36 DEX
    = 17.7 for i110 crafted+reasonably melded

Damage output is virtually equal. Kirimu has 8 more ACC (but costs millions), poet has 11 more VIT (but keeps you from using poet+twine on another job instead).

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

[double]

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

These recent posts have solidified my bemused "are you stupid?" reaction whenever I see a bard wearing the poetics body, which is far far too often.

(If you need accuracy/VIT, buy the pants, they're less of a downgrade; body should probably be bought last)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

What about crit/dex Zodiac vs aug irontech bow?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

What's the crit/det caps on i125? 49/35?

Difference is 1WDMG 3DEX 51SS vs 49CRIT 10DET
    (9.153 + 3 + 51*0.146) vs (49*0.315 + 10*0.318)
    19.599 vs 18.615

Using those weights, aug irontech wins slightly

Just realized I made a small mistake in the math, so the difference is even less than I originally calculated

To summarize the math above, if you don't understand it, the difference between the bows comes out to a difference of less than 1 DEX (using their stat weights).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Honest question: is it bad that I want a BRD buff? Not even in terms of potency or TP costs. It just annoys the crap out of me that the weapon dmg scaling on the bows is so abysmally bad. The difference to other weapons on the same ilvl goes up to 6-7 points. I mean, ppl keep bringing the argument that we have the songs and will always have a spot in any party, but at the same time we're expected to keep up with the DPS of other jobs that are getting more and more buffs. Dunno, am I alone in this? Am I spending too much time in the OF that it starts to rub off on me? :/

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You're not alone, I've wanted a BRD buff for ages. The DRG in my static trashes me so bad now it's not even funny. It's like yeah we get songs but most are at a penalty. And it's not like we're the only job who gets to buff/debuff, other jobs get abilities that help damage/decrease damage taken and they generally come without penalty too

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yes, you should feel bad and OF is bad. BRD is able to do so many little things to help out, not even including songs. Just being able to move about the field with ease reacting to things, like pull pinions completely out of harms way, react and grab last set flare star balls off people who have too many stacks, continue DPSing adds during Megaflare Dives, etc etc. If another DPS tried to do most of the little things we can do, their DPS would fall off pretty quickly or they would get killed.

People probably don't even realize all the little things good BRDs do in a fight, but those people are probably bad anyways. Yea, my 420 DPS T10 isn't as cool as the 500 DPS NIN but I also paeon'd 2x and balladed once and if I had a DRG in party, it would have been 450+dps probably, even with the song reductions. DRGs on OF/Reddit constantly try to add a BRD's dps bonus(from disembowel) to their DPS and I feel like pointing out that an entire parties DPS can then be added to the BRD after 6m, since everyone would probably be out of MP/TP. I can already do 400+ DPS on every Final Coil turn, which would be 440+ with a DRG in party and I can do so many other things nobody else can do as easily.

DPS is the least important thing in a fight and BRD is really the one and only support job.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

The only Bard buff that is really needed is to take out the -20% damage reduction for singing Paeon and Ballad. It's ridiculous. It's outdated.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

New numbers released by some guy on reddit:

Bard
    WD: 9.429
    DEX: 1.000
    DET: 0.320
    CRT: 0.339
    SS: 0.161

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...eight_updates/

Don't know if the BIS changes at all, but posting here to help future number crunchers. If it's wrong, mods feel free to delete my post.

Closed Thread
Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast