1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 20 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 105 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Detail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bard Detail

Summary of this Thread. (People might or might not read this, hope this helps some new Bard Fellowship)

Bard

Unlock NPC - South Shroud, Sitting at West Area outside of Quarymill
    Unlock Condition - must be Archer 30, Pugilist 15 (Although you can sub Dragoon's Skills)

Primary Stat
    Dexterity (your main base dmg)
    Base on Valk's calc (by far the test done)
    1 DEX = 6 Determination = 6 Critical Hits

Secondary Stat (There are much of discussion about this)
    Critical Hits (there were discussion about 500+ Crits is the capped of your % for Bard at around 20%, I'll try to look for the link)
    Link that someone did some test Crits test

Determination (above explained)

Vitality (while this helps on giving you more HP to survive)

Accuracy (This becomes important when you participate current End Game Instance - Bahamut Coil, required 472+, to clarify that on magical acc capped required 432+, different from physical)

Piety (This I personally do not think that it is important, at level 50 Lalafel has 1997 MP, where the song can last long enough of your Battle Voice duration)
    Skill Speed (every 100 on top of your base reducing 0.10 sec, approx., if you are playing your skill manually without macro, this might be worth it... Otherwise, it will be a completely waste of time to stack this up)

Job Ability/ Weapon Skill
    Global Cool Down Type:
    Single Target
    Heavy Shot
    Straight Shot
    Venomous Bite
    Wind Bite

AoE

Wide Volley
    Rain of Death
    Quick Knot

Non-Global Cool Down Type:
    Single Target
    Misery's End
    Bloodletter
    Blunt Arrow
    Repelling Arrow

AoE
    Flame Arrow

Weapon
    Post 2.1 Pack
    Elfin Bow
    Better than Relic+1
    Because of the CRITs , well mainly
    But losing tons of ACC, you will need to adjust your own BiS to suit the lost of ACC, if you are intending to go BC T5, which accuracy is critical issue for DPS.

Artemis +1
    Highest Damage, Shiny Bow. Has good chunk of ACC, which can offset your acc gears to compensate more Critical Hit Rate and/or Determination.
    If you can hold you heart in getting this, spend your Myth on Artifact V2, before making your bow shiny, it's overall helping your Journey in games.

Allagan Bow (Best DMG Bow in game, ilvl95 - post 2.1 Pack 17th Dec 2013)
    dropped from Turn 5, which is not many people beating this yet.
    And hence I placed this at 3rd, but highest dmg bow tho!
    If you can get it, gratz!

Titan Bow (post 2.1 pack)
    Looks better than NQ relic....
    If you don't plan on relic+1, don't do relic quest?!
    Use this until you can obtain one Elfin Bow.

Artemis
    If you are in a FC, it's much easier for you to get this done. (Pre-2.1 Pack)
    Nowadays, DF Ifrit /Garuda HM are possible one shot, Titan HM however might take a few, and yet still able to cleared with DF groups.
    Quest only available upon you have finished the current game story line quest.

Garuda Bow
    If you lucky enough to get one, on the way making your Relic - Artemis.

Sarga (Crafted iLevel 70)
    This has not been mentioned much, but if you meld with correct Materials, it is possible outdone Garuda Bow
    And actually, this bow look awesome and nicer than Artemis, if you asked me! (The style)
    Serpent Bow (Grand Company lvl 55 Bow, Gridania)
    This is being recommended, if you are joining a Grand Company for your Jobs' Weapon.

Ifrit Bow
    Ifrit Bow is quite handy to have, if you refused to get the Bow from Grand Company. You can use it for beating Titan, however, if you met some Elitist in Duty Finder, they might criticize your Ifrit Bow, during Titan Hardmode.

Grand Company ilvl50 Bow
    These standing the position somewhere around here before Darklight and Ifrit Bow.

Darklight Bow (Wonderer Palace)
    This is not really being mentioned, and by looking at the stat, I am leaving this as last Dungeon/ Instance bow that you can use, until you can get any above mentioned. (Not recommended though)

Gears
    Artifact Version 2 (Myth Stones Exchanged)
    These considered one of the best set in game for Bard, which is possible some debate between Allagan set.

Allagan (Bahamut Coil)
    same level with V2, i.e. ilvl90 gears. They are basically having slightly different Secondary Stat. Have yourself play with these and Mytho gears, to balance your stat.
    Spreadsheet showing which Turn dropping your wanted gears. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...XSlVDYmc#gid=0

Dark Light (Phil Stones Exchanged)
    These are typically standard set for most people in mind. Without these gears, you hardly get into any local Server shouting group for Titan Hardmode or Bahamut Coil. (gear scanned)
    (In many people mind that BLUE BOX > anything, except the Artifact Version 1 case.)
    Notes: Save yourself on Philo, don't use DL Hands and Pants. They are worst than Dungeon ilvl55 gears for Bard.

Crafted iLevel70
    Many people choose these, when they have the DoH classes leveled, or enough gils to buy. As you can custom make them into STAT that you needed, i.e. melding materials. Also not to mention, you can dye them into colors that you like.

Toxede
    These are something to replace both below mentioned, while you are working to get your gears better.

Mercenary
    These are something to replace Artifact Version 1, while you are working to get your gears better.

Artifact Version 1
    Level 45 to 50, these are only for the look, not for Garuda Hardmode and further.
    However, these are handy to have, for you to beat the storyline quests. Specially, at Garuda normal fight, they help so much.

Macro
    (This is just some idea for you, feel free to ignore them, if they aren't any good to you )
    Heavy Shot (Spam this button/ macro, until Straight Shot effect is about to wear off)
    /ac "Mysery's End"
    /ac "Bloodletter"
    /ac "Heavy Shot"

Straight Shot (This is usually allow you to Straight Shot at start)
    /ac "Mysery's End"
    /ac "Straight Shot"

Buff (Buff button - either spam this button until all used or spam this button between GCD)
    /ac "Blood for Blood"
    /ac "Raging Strike"
    /ac "Hawkeye"
    /ac "Barrage"
    /ac "Internal Release"
    /ac "Quelling Strike"

DoT (Pressing twice of this button, if you see Internal Release is being used.)
    /ac "Internal Release"
    /ac "Wind Bite"
    /wait 1
    /ac "Bloodletter"
    /ac "Repelling Shot" (take care of using this, while inside AK fighting Demon Wall.)
    /ac "Flame Arrow" (2sec, for you to place Flame Arrow on the ground, if time is too short, adjust below wait time)
    /wait 2
    /ac "Venomous Bite"

Blunt Arrow (Macro used in Bahamut Coil)
    /ac "Blunt Arrow"
    /p Silence Just use it ! > get ready for next !

Target of Target
    /assist (use only 1 number from 2 to 8, where your Tank is lining up in your party list.)

p.s. For all Macros, I'm basically typing base on memory without referring those Job Ability/ Weapon Skill names are correct or not. If it doesn't work, please check their naming.
    p.s. For people, who are addicted with gears setting, making their BRD look awesome - I find this link very nice to check - http://www.ariyala.com/ffxiv/gear.html

Example :
    One of the BiS in this Thread
    Another BiS Post
    Credit - all contributors in this thread!

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Archer to 30, lancer and pug to 15, then you get a quest at the archers guild from what Ive been told. I havent confirmed it myself obviously but it fits in with info that I know.

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Besides, once you reach the required levels, where to unlock BRD? Archer Guild?
    That's how it was in 1.0 version. You take a quest that involves a bard npc and after you complete it, he'll give the rest of the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    Archer to 30, lancer and pug to 15, then you get a quest at the archers guild from what Ive been told. I havent confirmed it myself obviously but it fits in with info that I know.
    2 sub class 15 to unlock it?

fstfrk13

Where do they post this info when they change the requirements? I've been leveling Conjurer this whole time since that is what it was last beta.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

seems more fitting.. guess will have to wait and see what's up =/

Bard Detail

Referring to another thread, it seems to confirm that Archer 30 and Pugilist 15 for Bard.

My Archer is on the way to level 30, and Pugilist already at 18. Glad that I picked PUG to burn the city quest.

Once my Archer reached 30, I'll find out. However, I am more like a casual player. Probably will take few weekdays to get from 25 to 30.

I have been pumping all stat bonus into DEX now.

Next thing on the list while Duty Finding... is to level my Leatherwork. Since most gears to Archer and Bard are leather related, while I was distracted to level Arcanist. (They are using leather book also, another plus on Leatherwork )

I saw from Guildford guide:

archer/bard focusing on
    Dex > Pie > Determination > Critical hit damage > Accuracy > others

Also, I think Haymaker from PUG is good on solo, while you need to tank for yourself.
    With massive amount of Dex, you get to dodge a lot and follow with that ability to make good damage.

At level 25, I am using Fracture, Internal Release, Cure, Protect. Haymaker will be my next ability to borrow.

p.s. Once becoming BRD, Cure and Protect are gone and I'll need to level LNC to 30+ for Blood to Blood. It's a shamed I can't have Mercy Stroke from MRD.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Trying to decide if it's worth selling my giantsgall longbow or not. Haven't used it yet so it's still sellable. I still have my alesone's songbow in the meantime. How badly would I be gimping myself? (And are there semi-decent alternatives that are better than the songbow?)

I am pretty sure I could sell the giantsgall for over a mil...and that is rather tempting...

What level is it?
    Over mil ?
    Does any player got that much already in game? O.o;

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I would sell it k-momma. It was never 1st or 2nd best, (came in around 3rd or 4th when double melded) so you can probably use that money more than a 4th or 5th tier bow

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    What level is it?
    Over mil ?
    Does any player got that much already in game? O.o;
    well people are selling non-melded sargnas for over 2 mil, and those are getting bought. So ya. I know one of my friends had 3 mil to start when they did the gil nerf.

@ shepard, ya I may just do it. Wish I had managed to snagged a moogle bow before the servers went down. Could have used it's cuteness as an excuse for gimpness!

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What grand company are you?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

limsa's (Iamsobadwithnames)

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Welll,,,,, (and keep in mind this was info from 1.0) it went:

Artemis(of course)>Limsa=Garuda>gridania>giants gall double melded>ul'dah>moogle>Ifrit

I haven't started delving into builds for 2.0 end game yet, not sure if church has either, but i suspect that there are a couple of choices that you'll be able to get when more of the population starts running more higher level instanced stuff

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

guess I better start working on seals again, thanks!

Glad I picked Limsa GC.
    I was hesitating between Gridania.
    Eventually pick Limsa coz the bow look cooler lol

Working on Archer 30.
    Go go, my Bard

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Bard Detail

To piggyback on Ksandras question. I started over from my 1.0 account but transfered all my non U/U gear and items to my new character. Would it be better to turn in all my cracked materia gear for tokens towards the DL sets, or should I sell them off? (Can u sell them off with cracked materia in them?) It's stuff like Darksteel Hauby, Gigantsall Axe/Polearm, felt bracers, etc.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

GC bows are semi-trashy now; iLVL55, worse than Ifrit. Save your seals.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    GC bows are semi-trashy now; iLVL55, worse than Ifrit. Save your seals.
    Counter-point: seals drop like candy from FATEs and such. No need to be stingy with seals

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Counter-point: seals drop like candy from FATEs and such. No need to be stingy with seals
    Agreed, I won't want to be cheapo/ leech and go fight Ifrit with others.
    At the least all weapons you gets are "stepping stone" when you are trying to get a better one.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 105 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast