1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 52 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 54 94 102 103 104 105 LastLast

Thread: Bard Detail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Crit rate stat only effects crit rate.

Nothing effects the power of crits, they're just damage x1.5

At 50 +14.4 crit rate stat = 1% effective crit rate (this will change with the increased level cap)

Base crit rate with no gear (341 crit rate stat at 50) is a little more than 5%.
    I wonder how exactly everything will change with the new base crit rate. I wouldn't be surprised if the new base value at 50 is just 5% again and we have the same gain.

What did you mean by "effective crit rate", btw? Since I figure it should be 1% absolute crit increase with every 13.5-14.2 (should be within that range I think) crit hit rate.

I just used "effective crit rate" to differentiate from the crit rate stat.

I'm sure the base 5% value is always the same, but at 60 (assume you meant 60) our base crit rate stat will be higher and since the crit rate we get from higher ilvl gear will be in much greater amounts each point should be "worth" less in terms of how much it takes per 1% increase.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ah, understood. If the required amount to get +1%crit is based off the default value at a given level, that'd be really interesting. We could test this ahead of time by using lower level classes pretty easily. Maybe I should do that since there's nothing to do until expansion.

Yea......

I may be bored as fuck waiting for the expansion, but I ain't that bored <_>

(plus I don't have any jobs that aren't 50 anyway)

Just came back to bard.... I was wondering, with the new bard song in 3.0 , does that mean Skill Speed comes in place for higher priority ? No auto-attack, therefore your damage mainly comes from GCD only?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

That, plus the supposed change for skill/spell speed to increase the damage of DoTs will certainly bump the usefulness of the stat. Just beware running out of TP. Hopefully the new action to renew both DoTs will reduce the speed of TP consumption.

There's also the possibility that skill speed will reduce the cast time of charged WSs a la spell speed, makes sense that it would but remains to be seen.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...0a926fddc9eca8

52 the Wanderer's Minuet
    54 Empyreal Arrow
    56 Iron Jaws
    58 the Warden's Paean
    60 Sidewinder
    Another Paeon? Paean? Something lol?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Skill speed and spell speed now affect damage over time and healing over time effects.

I can only assume one of two outcomes from this, either it will increase the damage each tick by them or.... more likely, will probably just make them tick a bit faster based your current skill speed/speed.

The effect of determination on auto-attacks has been reduced.

This just makes me sad. It's just straight up a nerf to determination.

Critical hit rate now affects damage dealt with a critical strike.

This is interesting. So sounds like Critical hit will also now add a damage boost to spells/abilities that critical along side the damage you get from the Critical. Making Critical Hit even more valuable than it was before.
    I wonder if these changes would put Skill Speed over Determination for BRD builds? Critical/Skill Speed builds coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    I wonder if these changes would put Skill Speed over Determination for BRD builds? Critical/Skill Speed builds coming up?
    I think literally every physical class player is asking themselves that same question right about now

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Just a thought and im likely wrong but wouldnt the benefit have to be pretty strong to outweight running out of TP easily if too much skill speed?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

That depends on the encounter and how many breaks they have in between the actual fighting where you're dodging invisible lines and the boss cannot be damaged and no adds to fight. They've given something to monk to offload their GL stacks for when something like that happens, so I imagine it's going to be a big reoccurring theme in end game possibly.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Primiera View Post
    I think literally every physical class player is asking themselves that same question right about now
    I think the only jobs that should worry about it are SMN and BRD. Those are the only jobs that really live on DoTs.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Welp, here are the new changes to Barrage, Rain of Death, and Mage's Ballad/Army's Paeon: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...pli=1&sle=true

Barrage: Multiplies the number of non-critical strikes for a single-target weaponskill by 3. Additional effects added only once. Duration: 10s Cooldown of 90s.

Rain of Death: Now an off GCD that shares a cooldown with Bloodletter. No longer has Quicker Knock proc.

Mage's Ballad/Army's Paeon: Reduces damage dealt by 15%.

New abilities: http://puu.sh/itIqU/0fbb803dd0.png

The new DoT refresh seems exciting, you can have fully buffed DoTs on your target for as long as the boss stays around.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

So basically to use any of the new abilities we have to be in the new stance to use it. Meh.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Honestly that's not too big of a downside for keeping your opening burst's buffed DoTs for basically forever. It might be worth locking down for even 1-2 GCDs just to use Iron Jaw and Empy/Sidewinder.

Though BRD, DRG, and BLM basically share the same playstyle now: maintain your new toy for as long as possible.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Unless I'm misunderstanding, every time you move it's another 3 second cast to get back into that stance and use these. That's lots of downtime (just in casting) on any fight that needs regular mobility.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

You are. The stance doesn't fall off.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

"Increases damage dealt by 20% while ceasing auto-attack and adding cast time to all archer and bard weaponskills.
    Can be used with other songs.
    Effect ends upon reuse."

You can move while WM is on, you just won't be able to shoot while moving. Basically you turn into a BLM until you turn it off.

If anything, I don't think you even need to turn it off. Just play Bardmage.