1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 9 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Detail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Skill Speed is worthless, so it's more like (Sks lowlow / acc low).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Thank you for all of the input and feedback. I will start working on my SMN this weekend.

As for my BRD, I will only upgrade Earrings and Belt and wait patiently for the rest.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Is the Crit soft cap at around 500 still accurate or has there been more research into it?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Soft caps are myths.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

failpost

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Brisk T View Post
    Is the Crit soft cap at around 500 still accurate or has there been more research into it?
    There has never been a soft cap. 400->500 will give you the same increase in crit% as 500-600 will give you.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have a PS3 looking for good idea on hotbars set-up for Set 1 and Set 2 any idea's is helpful

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I use toggle mode and expanded hold controls, awesome once you get used to it. Toggle means you don't have to hold the trigger (and can cycle targets with the bumper). Hold controls gives you easy access to more slots, basically you can set L2 + R2 and R2 + L2 to access any left or right hotbar set you want, so you get access to 32 actions purely by using the triggers.

My right side:
    3 in 1 (my only macro on brd)
    Wind/Venom Bite
    Straight shot
    Blunt Arrow
    Quick Knock
    Repelling shot
    Flaming Arrow

Left Side:
    Quelling strikes
    Raging Strikes
    Hawk's Eye
    Barrage
    Internal Release
    Blood for Blood
    Invigorate
    Shadowbind

Expanded hold controls #1
    Songs
    Voice
    Second Wind
    LB (lol)

Expanded hold controls #2
    PVP Actions
    Sprint

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Judai, I'm 8 months out of practice, my BRD is i94, What sort of numbers should i be pulling in BCoB and ST ? or even in random dungeons?

Also what would you recommend for rotations on most things? I basically do this:

Straight shot
    Pop my 5 cooldowns (6 if quelling might be needed)
    poison
    wind
    heavy macro (recently redid this to place HS first in the commands), unless straight shot procs
    weave in flaming arrow at some point after wind shot

I pretty much try to re-apply dot's around the 4-3 tic/on the icon mark, not sure if i'm wasting actions re-applying to early

Group pulls are usually
    Straight shot
    poison 1 mob
    RoD
    Blow my cooldowns (5+quelling if needed)
    poison 2 mob
    Volley till 600 TP or less
    That 400tp return move whose name i forget
    volley etc.

Any advice? what i do wrong? halp

Hi guys

I've been reading through this thread to try and get some tips on how to deal more DPS but 80+ pages is a lot to go through on a lunch break.

I'm currently on T8 and at i103, although I haven't had much luck at all with Bard drops from T6 & T7, I should be able to get the Sands for the Soldiery waist piece over the next couple of days.

Here is my Character set up
    eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2411805/

My current rotation is

Straight Shot
    Bloodletter
    Heavy Shot
    Raging Strikes
    Heavy Shot (Straighter Shot if its up)
    Hawk Eye
    Internal Release
    Wind Bite
    Barrage (Bloodletter if it's up)
    Poison Arrow
    Flaming Arrow (Bloodletter if it's up)
    Blunt Arrow (Bloodletter if it's up)
    Repelling Shot (Bloodletter if it's up)

Then I use Heavy Shot while keeping up my DOT's & Straight Shot and weaving in Cooldowns as available.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, even though I've been playing for a while now this is my first MMO so I'm still getting my head around the nuts and bolts of it all.

Oh and I'm still 10 levels away from getting Blood for Blood.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DoTs need to go up first. I'm not sure if it's more DPS to put them up before or after your 1st straight shot but I put them up after it where your 1st Heavy Shot is. DoTs only take 3 tics to outdamage heavy iirc so even putting them up unbuffed is better than heavy, just reappi them before your buffs wear

Edit: I think my thought process on BRD is basically: Keep Straight Shot up, Keep buffs on CD, Keep DoTs up, Keep off GCD abilities on CD, If none of those apply use Heavy Shot.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I do:

Internal Release (try to go right as the boss pull is happening)
    Straight Shot
    Bloodletter
    Windbite
    Blood-for-blood
    Poison Arrow
    Raging Strikes
    Heavy Shot
    Barrage
    Heavy Shot
    etc.

Seems like the best way to do it for me, unless you're spending excess time blowing CDs at the very start. I personally don't like spending 3-4 seconds blowing CDs, I'd rather get my DoTs rolling, if you go early enough you should still be able to re-apply DoTs with the damage bonuses from CDs before the CDs wear off which will make them last to full duration. If I can time the pull right I will always pop BFB and Raging right at the start before my rotation begins but the above is my "standard" rotation. Maybe it's not right but that's what I've learned from playing DRG - better to weave everything that's off GCD into your rotation, the worst thing you want to do is have downtime when you're not in a GCD.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by MisguidedMiscreant View Post
    Here is my Character set up
    eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2411805/
    Sorry I don't have any valuable advice to give, but I must say that your glamour looks really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    Sorry I don't have any valuable advice to give, but I must say that your glamour looks really awesome.
    Haha thank you :D

Thanks for the tip, it definitely makes sense to get your DOT's rolling before using your CD's and re applying them.

I found this guide, what do you guys make of it?
    shinra.guildwork.com/forum/threads/53187550c16e4d69079ff83b-how-to-bard
    Hes using two CD's in between every GCD which seems like it will delay the GCD timing, I'll have to try it out on a training dummy when I finish work though.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Your DoTs are equivalent to a 310(VB)/330(WB) potency attack. I would suggest getting your damage cooldowns up before shooting those off, if you can swing it.

My opening salvo is this:
    B4B
    Straight Shot
    Inner Release
    Raging Strikes
    Venomous Bite
    Hawk Eye
    Bloodletter
    Windbite
    Quelling Strikes (I leave this out if I want to emasculate the tank, or I put it up first if I think the tank REALLY sucks)
    Barrage
    Heavy Shot
    [Insert all off-GCD abilities here, weaved in between Heavy Shots]

I clip my first set of DoTs once my Raging Strikes buff gets to <6sec so I get another set of +20% damage set of DoTs in before it wears off. However, I won't do that if I know I'm going to be running dry on TP at some point in the fight.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

My Start depends on the fight but for T8 it goes like this.

Foe's(Tank pulls as the bar is finishing.
    BV
    SS
    B4B/Hawk's
    HS (WAT)
    Raging/IR/Dex Pot
    WB
    Barrage/Blunt
    VB
    Repel/Flaming
    HS/BL Spam
    Re-apply dots as Hawk's/B4B hit 4s
    HS/BL Spam

I reapply DoTs whenever they hit 3~4s UNLESS I have buffs up, then I re-apply DoTs when the BUFFs hit 4s.
    If there are 2 mobs on the field(ie Dread+Avatar, Nael+Scourge) I make sure to keep both of them DoT'd fulltime.

I add that extra HS in there ONLY, when I have to Foe's at the start, because I want full buffs on two sets of dots. I do notice that starting a fight with Foe's drops my DPS a bit but I don't think it's the HS. If I don't have to Foe's it's B4B/Hawk's as the tank is pulling>SS>Raging/IR/Dex Pot>WB>Blunt>VB>Repel/Flaming>etc. Yea, I will use 2 oGCD inbetween because it's possible, if I hit a BL in-between though, I will drop something that isn't a buff(blunt/repel). I'm also not really worried about that 1s I lose doing Raging/IR/Dex Pot.

It might be better for me to BV/Raging so I don't have to HS but who knows and idc that much(but it seems like a waste of some of Raging).

For Group pulls, it really depends on what it is but keep SS up. 3 Big mobs, like the 3 Hapalit in ST, I will VB all three then RoD spam. Mass pull like the first pull in ST, I will DoT the Dragon and then RoD spam. Two other little things, would be hitting Barrage as well during the group pulls and I also added BL/ME to my RoD macro, so I can fire those off during(which is part of the reason I will occasionally dot a few mobs).

I usually don't need QS cause my tanks are beast. I only use it for things like Dreads/Scourge and only because if I pull hate on those it fucks us completely. I will watch the Enmity bar though and hit QS if I notice I am too high and it usually does just as well keeping me off the top even after/during my opening. If it's not Coil, idc and I try to fuck with tanks and pull hate anyways. (I tanked half of ST on BRD the other day, with part of my static, because none of the tanks could take hate off me without voke, and it was still a a battle for them after voke.) One PLD was really proud of himself for tanking the final boss, even though he didn't get hate until like 70% and only because he voked.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Also, as for DPS numbers, idk. It depends on the Turn and the jobs you do. I was prolly doing 300 dps on T8 for that, 280? on T6(now at i108 both are up 100dps). I don't really look at dps numbers in dungeons and I only parse ST to see how bad ppl are. T7 isn't a race, and I now SMN kite it so idk.

BRD is one of the few jobs you can just go to a dummy, hit it for 5m and then say, that's what I should be doing on almost every fight(unless it has jumps/breaks).

Thanks for the tips guys, I re-worked my rotation based on some of your suggestions and parsed around 300 for T8 last night, hopefully I will be able to squeeze a little more out of it once I get used to it a bit more.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Umm correct me if Im wrong Judai but I think that Battle voice dont have any effect on Foe requiem. I might be wrong but I recall seeing that somewhere. Other than that I do mostly like you. Except I use flamming arrow after Foe requiem at the opening of the fight. I know I loose a bit of dps due to it not beeing buffed by Hawk's eyes but yeah i'm ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimkytaru View Post
    Umm correct me if Im wrong Judai but I think that Battle voice dont have any effect on Foe requiem. I might be wrong but I recall seeing that somewhere. Other than that I do mostly like you. Except I use flamming arrow after Foe requiem at the opening of the fight. I know I loose a bit of dps due to it not beeing buffed by Hawk's eyes but yeah i'm ok with it.
    Nah Battle Voice does work with Foes

Closed Thread
Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast