1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 20 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 13 hours, 37 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 97 of 105 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Detail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Is the ~525 flank accuracy number correct for T12? Should I be worrying about front accuracy for bennus? I'm not exactly sure of the movements in add phase as we've just started learning the fight.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dantes Flailer
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I have a question, i recently started farming SCoB on my brd(its my 2nd class, pld os main), and i wanted to know around what number i should be parsing with this Gear set on turn 6-8, Also trying to get Ramuh ring/along with them SCoB Goods.. but horrible luck

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/OIKU

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Probably around 310-320 with that gear in T8. T6/7 is going to be dependent on the strat used.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by emmgee View Post
    Is the ~525 flank accuracy number correct for T12? Should I be worrying about front accuracy for bennus? I'm not exactly sure of the movements in add phase as we've just started learning the fight.
    Yes, 525 is correct and no you shouldn't worry about Bennus. Sure you might miss once or twice if they happen to move straight at you but one or two misses on BRD isn't a big deal. For the big add phase, you can sit on their flank/rear and still be in medica range pretty easily.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dantes Flailer
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Siren

. then probably im doing my rotations wrong... i was doing 284-305 on t8, alto i used Ballad/Peon.

My rotation is:
    Straight Shot(keep it up and use it when Heavy Shot Procs)
    Bloodletter(everytime available)
    Windbite
    Venemos Bite
    Heavyshot
    Misery's End <20%
    Flaming Arrow/Repelling Shot/Blunt Arrow in betwen the rotation above, i keep them on CDs
    and buff CD.

Any tip on my rotation am i doing something wrong?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

BRD 'rotation' is pretty piss-easy, and what you have posted is indeed correct. For BRD, generally the difference in peoples' DPS numbers falls into one of the following categories:

• Improper DPS cooldown use (allowing your cooldowns to go unused for long periods of time, not stacking IR with your DoTs, etc.)
    • Slow button pushing (lag, or simply not shooting when your GCD is up, generally caused by tunnel-vision dealing with fight gimmicks)
    • Not keeping DoTs up
    • Not noticing Bloodletter procs
    • Too much movement without facing the mob (you won't auto-attack if you're not facing it)
    • Too many unnecessary damage-reducing songs (Paeon/Ballad when peoples' TP/MP are fine)
    • Allowing yourself to run out of TP (Invig as soon as you hit 540TP or less)
    • Delaying your GCD shots by weaving in too many off-GCD things in between (i.e. don't ever stack more than 2 off-GCD things in between your Heavy Shots)

You've covered most of the above things with what you've stated, so I'll also mention that I've noticed that different parsers give different numbers. Usually the numbers posted around here are those from ACT. If you're using FFXIVApp or whatever it's called, it tends to give lower numbers from what I've encountered. Our DRG uses it and we refuse to listen to his DPS numbers anymore, they don't match up anywhere close with the ACT numbers we get from our BLM.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dantes Flailer
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    BRD 'rotation' is pretty piss-easy, and what you have posted is indeed correct. For BRD, generally the difference in peoples' DPS numbers falls into one of the following categories:

• Improper DPS cooldown use (allowing your cooldowns to go unused for long periods of time, not stacking IR with your DoTs, etc.)
    • Slow button pushing (lag, or simply not shooting when your GCD is up, generally caused by tunnel-vision dealing with fight gimmicks)
    • Not keeping DoTs up
    • Too much movement without facing the mob (you won't auto-attack if you're not facing it)
    • Too many unnecessary damage-reducing songs (Paeon/Ballad when peoples' TP/MP are fine)
    • Delaying your GCD shots by weaving in too many off-GCD things in between (i.e. don't ever stack more than 2 off-GCD things in between your Heavy Shots)

You've covered most of the above things with what you've stated, so I'll also mention that I've noticed that different parsers give different numbers. Usually the numbers posted around here are those from ACT. If you're using FFXIVApp or whatever it's called, it tends to give lower numbers from what I've encountered. Our DRG uses it and we refuse to listen to his DPS numbers anymore, they don't match up anywhere close with the ACT numbers we get from our BLM.
    i wasn't parsing my self cause i play on lolps3, my friend was using ACT and i couldnt get past 305(highest) on t8, i was on Homing/Brainjack duty, thanks for all the info tho!

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Speaking of DPS, can I get an idea of what BRD should be aiming for in T10? We're finally getting around to attempting FCOB this week and that DPS check looks daunting.

I just went and thwacked a Training Dummy and finished with 428 DPS (using NQ food instead of HQ) by the time I ran TP dead but obviously that doesn't directly translate to T10 DPS. I do get a DRG in FCOB to boost that but I assume there's going to be a substantial dropoff from what I do on a dummy too?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I was floating just above 350 in T10, no DRG boost. TP is a major issue in that fight, but so is MP, so you're probably going to be playing more songs than usual.

Note: My group broke up before actually clearing T10, so take that with a grain of salt. Got it down to 4% once. I also have no idea what my dummy DPS is in comparison, so idk if this even helps.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I only went BRD for our first T10 win but blm,drg, 2xbrd, and I hit 401 dps in i110 gear(115bow). If you are the only BRD, it will prolly be a little lower, since I did not have to ballad. I did Paeon, 2x(1kmp or so each), just for myself, after each add phase, because I put dots on everything while my buffs were up. After second add phase, you will prolly need to ballad if you are solo BRD, while learning the fight. Though if you have a NIN and they actually goad you, can prolly do without the Paeons. (I don't think any non-BRD understands how fast BRD goes through TP when there are adds)

There is a little rng involved with how many times you get selected as charge target though(I was charge target 2x). I would say at least 380+ as solo brd with drg. 350-360+ as solo BRD w/o DRG. Again though, that's straight 110 gear+HA Bow, so anyone higher then 110 should be able to go higher.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Probably around 310-320 with that gear in T8. T6/7 is going to be dependent on the strat used.

Just picked BRD back up i104 with Rosen and only HA Neck/Ear. Was doing 330-340 in t8(with echo) so that means I'm close to decent right? I did sing a full MP bar worth of Paeon.

Feels terrible with MNK and NIN doing over 500 consistently.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's decent although I would say you shouldn't need to sing a full bar of Paeon. You should be singing it in bursts to get you to the next meditate. So like for 10-15 secs then cancelling it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I do 390ish in t10, no drg. 115 bow, and a couple of i120 pieces. Multidotting well during adds helps push dps quite a bit, but it requires a goad or paeon. Singing in bursts is a good tip, try to time it inbetween cooldowns.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dantes Flailer
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post

• Not keeping DoTs up

back to this, figured out what i was doing wrong.. my ps3 controller was broken lol, i would hit 0 or triangle and sometimes it wouldnt fire... lol got new one, parsed 421 on t8 last night :O(had another brd playing songs instead of me)

Old Merits
    BG Level

Speaking of DPS, can I get an idea of what BRD should be aiming for in T10? We're finally getting around to attempting FCOB this week and that DPS check looks daunting.

I just went and thwacked a Training Dummy and finished with 428 DPS (using NQ food instead of HQ) by the time I ran TP dead but obviously that doesn't directly translate to T10 DPS. I do get a DRG in FCOB to boost that but I assume there's going to be a substantial dropoff from what I do on a dummy too?
    401 first week clear with no DRG or NIN and 2 left side crafted 110s and nexus bow. That's with 2 short rounds of paeon in add phases and 2 full mp pools of requiem.

Doing 440+ with 130 weapon and a few bits of 130/120 gear, no DRG but we use NIN now.

What you should be aiming for is a completely open question and the answer is enough to beat enrage. That said there is very few mechanics or points in the fight that should lower your DPS from dummy numbers.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

http://angered.guildwork.com/forum/t...ide-by-krietor

Thoughts on this guy's opening rotation/guide?

I'm new to BRD so I'm still learning the ins and outs, but wouldn't delaying BfB to line up with your other CDs still result in a slight dps decrease?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

His opener is fine and I delay b4b to match up with other stuff as well.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Delaying B4B by a few seconds so that it lines up with barrage will probably usually grant you a net gain in dps. I skimmed mostly but it seemed like a decent guide to follow. I do my opener slightly different, but it shouldn't be a huge disparity.

One thing to remember is that overall DPS usually isn't the only thing that matters in a fight. Sometimes it's worth it to gimp your overall dps to increase your burst dps for specific parts of fights. Placement of songs should also take into account where burst is important or which places have higher importance. For instance in t11 I always sang paeon for the last couple of percent before 60% so that I wouldn't need to paeon at all during the revenge of the geometric shapes phase.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is it really better at the start to pop all your buffs before doing anything at the start? I always sort of weaved mine in and just made sure I reapplied DoTs before everything dropped.

And is Det really weighted higher than Crit now?

I was worried I was so short of his dummy DPS but then I saw his gear and felt less bad!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Is it really better at the start to pop all your buffs before doing anything at the start? I always sort of weaved mine in and just made sure I reapplied DoTs before everything dropped. !
    He isn't popping everything at once, he put's up Hawk's/Raging just before attacking and then weaves b4b/ir in before dots, so his first set are fully buffed.

DET has also always been weighted higher then Crit but BRD is the only job they are that close and it's close enough that you can go with Crit, as long as you aren't dropping tons of DET to get a little Crit. Crit has higher potential dps, det is consistent. A good balance is best for the most part, though it doesn't really matter much since gear choices are pretty limited anyways.

Closed Thread
Page 97 of 105 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast