1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 14 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 19 hours, 32 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 613 of 712 FirstFirst ... 563 603 611 612 613 614 615 623 663 ... LastLast
    New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Is there a proper glamour website for this game? Having to manually try on a bunch of shit in-game is beyond chorework and the model viewer website hasn't updated their site in a bit.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    Frontlines is dying already.
    Never do Frontlines around daily reset/reset day. My group learned this the hard way last week.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Every chest in ST should potentially drop a sand/oil/uat
    Why do they do this to us???!

I just got my UAT this week on my first run with a lot of 36.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Is there a proper glamour website for this game? Having to manually try on a bunch of shit in-game is beyond chorework and the model viewer website hasn't updated their site in a bit.
    Not that I know of, but that physical glamour/furniture catalog just came out and will likely be sold at the upcoming fan fests... I'm waiting for someone to scan/post its entirety in the near future as it should cover up to 2.3...?

Since the game uses a very different kind of file system I imagine making a proper model viewer would be a lot harder than it was with XI where everything was just .dats.

How does XIVs files even work? .dats were pretty simple for a layman to understand but looking in XIV's folders there's just....nothing.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://xivmodels.com/ (hasn't been updated in awhile)

ARR made the sane move to large packaged files like every other modern MMO, unlike 1.0 which had over a literal 30,000 folders and 200,000 dat files. Google's come up with some old forum threads discussing picking apart the packager format and being able to decrypt files from it, but not much else. There's obviously some tools out there to rip assets, otherwise we wouldn't have images and sound files being looked at before an update server maintenance is over.

Would be nice if the tools were publically available. I'd love to have a zone viewer since I like seeing how developers work around limitations/take-shortcuts when you're able to view areas from unintended locations.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    Every chest in ST should potentially drop a sand/oil/uat
    Why do they do this to us???!
    Because people would peace out as soon as Scylla dropped an oil/sand or UAT? Cmon.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Because people would peace out as soon as Scylla dropped an oil/sand or UAT? Cmon.
    So, in the early days of CT when people skipped chests and came back to pop them, how does the lockout work for that (since multiple items are in the pool)? Are your other lots canceled at that point?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    3. NA players are too short-sighted to realize that switching to a perceived strong GC just screws balance and queue times for themselves
    This. During NA prime Adders get slaughtered on Midgard and I hear it once every 3 or 4 matches: "Guess it's time to change/defect to Maelstrom". I play at all different times, and my record is somewhere around 36-20-40. Instead of working better as a team and trying different tactics, these asses want to take the easy way out and just jump to a "better" GC and have it handed to them. Already had 2 matches today that were 16 v. 16 v. 16, guess that is where we are heading.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

NA world problems. ^

Related, we picked up some guys who'd transferred from NA servers last night, and they were wondering why their first queues were taking so long. "You have ticked all languages haven't you?". "Uh, no".

I just got my UAT this week on my first run with a lot of 36.
    Naice, there's never as many people lotting as I expect, but I had to roll an 88 (1/4 on UAT since 2.3). I've been done with ST on reset day three weeks in a row now, it's the way to go. I could of held out for my UAT in the first couple of weeks, but to be honest I'd rather get out of there ASAP, and focus on other things.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    So, in the early days of CT when people skipped chests and came back to pop them, how does the lockout work for that (since multiple items are in the pool)? Are your other lots canceled at that point?
    If you lot more then 1, you win the first one that drops to you and lose the others

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Taking up to five minutes to fully disconnect. Hey, I see I got the 90k error; don't make me wait around while my character sits doing nothing in game.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It's even better when it finally disconnects and you're about to relog and it 90ks and you're more or less forced to close client and relaunch it. How do you even design something like that!?!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Presented without comment.

In what way is that a random complaint?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A month and then some of WAR axes is a valid complaint.

World first problems.

Since they released DR I've done damn near 100% of my dungeon runs as WAR (primarily for insta-Q times).

Today I decided to farm up the last couple pieces of the i80 DRG set I needed for vanity (I'd gotten most of it FFA running on tank), not wanting to leave it to chance I went as DRG.

Holy fucking shit....tanks pulling mobs 1 group at a time, stopping to mark shit 1-2-3, can't hold hate on more than 1 mob for their (or anyone else's) dear lives.

No wonder I get so many commendations when I do my daily Expert, the general tank population is goddamn atrocious.

Also, 90% of them were PLD, figures that most people can't handle anything more complicated than spamming 123. As for the 1 WAR I got I don't think I saw a single Overpower or SC.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Got my Uat with a 96 (hold that shit) and no idea what to spend it on lol. After dealing with so much shit groups lately in ST there is always solace, go as Monk wait for Amon to put a bomb on me and blow the fuck out of the other alliance healers or MT. Or wait till you are froggy and find a person to breathe fire on the whole time.