1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 41 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 673 of 712 FirstFirst ... 623 663 671 672 673 674 675 683 ... LastLast
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

who cares let controller plebes suffer

Considering this game feels like ass unless controller, it's kind of a big deal.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Controller is a fucking big deal for playerbase in japan. Still alot of people dont own a high end PC

hell people who still plays FFXI have people still playing via PS2. I know peeps who quit the game because they couldnt buy a PS2 anymore and forced to quit and dont wanna assemble a PC

granted you can still use keyboard/mouse on PS3/4 but thats just not a habit for them yet

it also took them 9 years later than us to start using skype/VCs alot than they should be

as advance as their nation can be, using tech is just not into their own people yet

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Considering this game feels like ass unless controller, it's kind of a big deal.
    You made a mistake there. You should've said "this game feels like ass with controller". With and unless are two diff words pls

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    With and unless are two diff words pls
    At least there's no confusion

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    3 people from static officially quit the game because of recent patches.
    Recent patches are generally used as an excuse to leave. Ppl generally leave when they have no fun, and sometimes they don't have fun cause they are forced to play with other ppl.
    MMO is not made for them. Don't feel bad for them.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    ...and sometimes they don't have fun cause they are forced to play with other ppl.
    What does that have to do with the price of eggs?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

SE fucked up the Relic grind.

The 115 upgrade should have been simple. Do the EX primals and T5 or something. Give us i115 now and let us start working on i120+ through the "Light" grind.

For a casual weapon the Light grind will take at least a month, probably 2. (similar to Books and Alex) But in October we are getting 2.4 and an ilvl bump, making this grind incredibly long for a soon to be worthless weapon.

Add that to fact I now have to play one job 24/7 to put a dent in the grind. Even if HA sword finally drops for me I'll never get to use it. I also pretty much have to play PLD for everything in hopes of completing this portion of the quest line. PLD is not exactly a fun 24/7 job to play but its my favorite for endgame. This is my low point in FFXIV.

Black Belt
    BG Level

biggest hope would be 2.4 expert roulette dungeons giving insane amounts of light.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Knowing SE any weapon higher than i115 will be an insane grind to get, much like i110 back at 2.2 start. I doubt anyone other than lucky people (Leviathan mirror type luck) will have an i120 weapon within the first 3-4 weeks of 2.4.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    For a casual weapon the Light grind will take at least a month, probably 2.
    Not too sure about that because...
    Add that to fact I now have to play one job 24/7 to put a dent in the grind.
    Most people (IE - not hardcore) already do this.

Honestly the way the gew fast people work, SE shouldn't have even given you a progress indicator, and just randomly reward you with an upgrade instead. With the atmas you were forced to do specific content. Now you're not. They're basically just saying "play the game and good stuff happens". I can't believe people are now saying "OMFG WE HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME WHYYYYYY".

Jesus.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

SE fucked up the Relic grind.

The 115 upgrade should have been simple. Do the EX primals and T5 or something. Give us i115 now and let us start working on i120+ through the "Light" grind.

For a casual weapon the Light grind will take at least a month, probably 2. (similar to Books and Alex) But in October we are getting 2.4 and an ilvl bump, making this grind incredibly long for a soon to be worthless weapon.

Add that to fact I now have to play one job 24/7 to put a dent in the grind. Even if HA sword finally drops for me I'll never get to use it. I also pretty much have to play PLD for everything in hopes of completing this portion of the quest line. PLD is not exactly a fun 24/7 job to play but its my favorite for endgame. This is my low point in FFXIV.
    cant agree more. Right now no one will ever get to use the HA weapon and the short period before 2.4 means HA is obselete faster than it should been because most people HARDLY have just enough time to complete nexus

I can only hope 2.4 onwards gets better not in terms of content excitement, but how SE plan at when to release their contents

Hunts came too soon, nexus came too late imo

2.4 is going to be so cluster fuck. lvl ninja, finish nexus on existing, complete ninja nexus

only positive is all these can/will definately be tweaked rather easily but knowing SE, these tweaks will definately come veryyyyy late zzz

each of the zodiac quest is making it harder to have multiple updated zodiac weapons.... and i remember people kept saying "relic is too easy and should be rare" at lvl 80

SE didnt make a "fun" system but you fuckers sure got what you want

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

"HA obsolete faster than it should have been"
    "Nexus came too late"

wat. These two things seem to be at odds with one another.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Not too sure about that because...Most people (IE - not hardcore) already do this.

Honestly the way the gew fast people work, SE shouldn't have even given you a progress indicator, and just randomly reward you with an upgrade instead. With the atmas you were forced to do specific content. Now you're not. They're basically just saying "play the game and good stuff happens". I can't believe people are now saying "OMFG WE HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME WHYYYYYY".

Jesus.

Nope. I do play the game probably 2 hrs a day. I just don't like being stuck using one job and one weapon for everything.

Atma - spam fates on any job that has a Zenith. Bored of PLD, play BRD etc.
    Books - Farm myth on any job. Complete task on your Relic job.
    Alex - Farm Myth/Expert roulette/Fates on any job. Kill maps on any job.
    Nexus - Do everything on one job.

Variety is a huge selling point in FF MMOs. The sheer volume of 2000 lights and the speed of ilvl progression means a lot of players will be stuck on a single job for at least a month. You have to dedicate to the task just to get 50 lights a day in 2hours. I'm good with grinds but this one irks me.

I did 3-4 FLs, 20ish HMs, 10+ Capes and Coil, made a good dent in the lights but I would love the option to use some of my other jobs maybe put a HA weapon to use????

Don't get me wrong I like the idea, do shit and get a reward, but is the Juice worth the squeeze this time around?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

If you care that much, just put on your relic for the final boss. Use your HA for everything before it.

Also, I think we're quite lucky that you're allowed to get lights for multiple weapons at once.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    If you care that much, just put on your relic for the final boss. Use your HA for everything before it.

Also, I think we're quite lucky that you're allowed to get lights for multiple weapons at once.

Good to know you can do that. Probably can change towards the end in FLs too then.

I have HA book, doesn't help me get lights on PLD

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    "HA obsolete faster than it should have been"
    "Nexus came too late"

wat. These two things seem to be at odds with one another.
    if peeps finish nexus earlier, then HA will still have its use at near end on other jobs that they didnt have nexus. they can still have time to play other job at ease

right now HA is dead thats what i meant because of the short timeframe to complete 1 nexus, people prolly wont touch their sub jobs anymore

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Good to know you can do that. Probably can change towards the end in FLs too then.
    I don't actually know if you can (Novus is my best weapon, so I've nothing to switch between), but it'd be a waste of resources for them to track how long you used a particular weapon in a duty. Someone did say you could switch jobs at the end of an FL (though you'd need to be out of combat).

@Arthars ahh, that makes more sense then.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

you can change weapon in FLs but you have to be very careful cos shit may end suddenly at the end

Make sure your at enemy base at around 1000ish points, grab an OP, die and use the 5 sec return

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    if peeps finish nexus earlier, then HA will still have its use at near end on other jobs that they didnt have nexus. they can still have time to play other job at ease

right now HA is dead thats what i meant because of the short timeframe to complete 1 nexus, people prolly wont touch their sub jobs anymore

^ This.

I'm up for 3 HA weapons in my group and was excited to get to this point, but their value has been pushed to zero until I finish my Nexus and by then we'll be progressing into Coil3 going after the new tome/coil weapons.