1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 16 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 17 hours, 59 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 674 of 712 FirstFirst ... 624 664 672 673 674 675 676 684 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

HA MNK weapon finally drops, It's useless 'cause I'm not wearing it ever thanks to the nexus quest.

Also, I was having a ton of fun with Warrior and I'm not gonna be able to do anything with it because I'll get no Nexus progress at all, this is the worst step even if it's "fast", doing dungeons and shit with MNK is annoying as fuck.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

glamour your novus to look like HA fists

not like this game is anything but glamours

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    SE fucked up the Relic grind.

The 115 upgrade should have been simple. Do the EX primals and T5 or something. Give us i115 now and let us start working on i120+ through the "Light" grind.

For a casual weapon the Light grind will take at least a month, probably 2. (similar to Books and Alex) But in October we are getting 2.4 and an ilvl bump, making this grind incredibly long for a soon to be worthless weapon.

Add that to fact I now have to play one job 24/7 to put a dent in the grind. Even if HA sword finally drops for me I'll never get to use it. I also pretty much have to play PLD for everything in hopes of completing this portion of the quest line. PLD is not exactly a fun 24/7 job to play but its my favorite for endgame. This is my low point in FFXIV.
    yeah this is all kinds of screwed up. like, if i ever get my axe i don't really see myself using it, EVER, considering i'll have nexus by the time new content comes around. at best it's a glamour item for me now.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I bitched when the patch went live and it is a long grind, but it seems better than previous quests. At least I'm doing content now (if you can call facerolling HM primals content). Still better than FATE farming or roulette spam however.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tanks who try and dodge the spinny discs on Glasya Labolas.

Just stand fuckin still and take the 400 damage, I'm sure your healers can handle it. What they'll be less pleased about is every melee in the alliance getting astral punched in the face for 3k.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Haven't gotten HA fists yet, but now i'll be totally in tears if it ever drops for me... Cuz i can't fucking use it. My novus is nice and all, but eh. I'm barely into the novus grind cuz lolwork.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Tanks who try and dodge the spinny discs on Glasya Labolas.

Just stand fuckin still and take the 400 damage, I'm sure your healers can handle it. What they'll be less pleased about is every melee in the alliance getting astral punched in the face for 3k.
    Protip: Stand in the exact center of the arena and every disc passes by you.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can't be the only tank here who tries to eat damage from them on purpose?

That fight is a complete snoozefest for both tank and healers.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    not like this game is anything but glamours
    this.

desynth and 2.3 crafting additions? glamour shit
    Frontlines/PvP gear? more gear for glamour
    Ramuh weapons? glamour
    ST gear? glamour
    New dungeon gear? glamourize-it

and the relic weapons? well that might as well be used for glamour too, because come 2.4 that shit will be useless again anyways.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I can't be the only tank here who tries to eat damage from them on purpose?

That fight is a complete snoozefest for both tank and healers.
    I don't even try to tank in CT2 lol. I have 2 other tanks to do that for me -- though I will pick up the slack if they fail to

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I dont understand the mentality in this thread. So if anyone cares to, please clear up my confusion/misunderstanding:
    (Disclaimer you're all entitled to your own opinions)
    "Add that to fact I now have to play one job 24/7 to put a dent in the grind. + I just don't like being stuck using one job and one weapon for everything.+people prolly wont touch their sub jobs anymore"
    -I understand the desire to play certain jobs, but if you are working on something, then you are actively working on it. Would there be no complaint if you could get all the lights without ever having to touch the job?

"HA MNK weapon finally drops, It's useless 'cause I'm not wearing it ever thanks to the nexus quest.+but their value has been pushed to zero until I finish my Nexus+ like, if i ever get my axe i don't really see myself using it, EVER, considering i'll have nexus by the time new content comes around. + and the relic weapons? well that might as well be used for glamour too, because come 2.4 that shit will be useless again anyways."
    - Okay, I can definitly understand the frustration of getting the HA drop but your Nexus is almost complete. But you put the time and money into a weapon that will grow into 2.4 and beyond and can even emulate the HA weapon you have(if not surpass it at i115). Not to mention, you're clearing t9 already to get a weapon to clear stuff you've already cleared but better. And for the weapon to be useless? Unless Shiva drops 115 weapons or they drastically change 115-120's into something easy to get, you'll be using your nexus/HA weapon to clear Coil3.

I just dont understand lol. There's even people who paid for every single materia, broke tons, so we're talking several millions for crit/det cap yet are mad that they have to use the weapon for the next 2 weeks to level it up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    Spoiler: show
    I dont understand the mentality in this thread. So if anyone cares to, please clear up my confusion/misunderstanding:
    (Disclaimer you're all entitled to your own opinions)
    "Add that to fact I now have to play one job 24/7 to put a dent in the grind. + I just don't like being stuck using one job and one weapon for everything.+people prolly wont touch their sub jobs anymore"
    -I understand the desire to play certain jobs, but if you are working on something, then you are actively working on it. Would there be no complaint if you could get all the lights without ever having to touch the job?

"HA MNK weapon finally drops, It's useless 'cause I'm not wearing it ever thanks to the nexus quest.+but their value has been pushed to zero until I finish my Nexus+ like, if i ever get my axe i don't really see myself using it, EVER, considering i'll have nexus by the time new content comes around. + and the relic weapons? well that might as well be used for glamour too, because come 2.4 that shit will be useless again anyways."
    - Okay, I can definitly understand the frustration of getting the HA drop but your Nexus is almost complete. But you put the time and money into a weapon that will grow into 2.4 and beyond and can even emulate the HA weapon you have(if not surpass it at i115). Not to mention, you're clearing t9 already to get a weapon to clear stuff you've already cleared but better. And for the weapon to be useless? Unless Shiva drops 115 weapons or they drastically change 115-120's into something easy to get, you'll be using your nexus/HA weapon to clear Coil3.

I just dont understand lol. There's even people who paid for every single materia, broke tons, so we're talking several millions for crit/det cap yet are mad that they have to use the weapon for the next 2 weeks to level it up.
    People feel like they are entitled to BiS as soon as it comes out. It also invalidates raiding for Novus holders outside of alt gear or RNG having fucked them over for 5+ months.

Random Complaint: every DPS but my SMN is at BiS now qq

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i love the nexus upgrade and i will welcome more. all im saying it came a little too late.

i got 4 nexus to upgrade and then ninja after

im so fucking screwed on time now. for me, when you are able to clear turn 9 once, HA dont matter anymore

relic quest line on the other hand, is more appealing to me cos its hard work that will never go into waste, even tho SE label them as "1 behind raid's weapon". Unless SE stop the quest line..... well then all relic lovers are screwed anyway haha

the glow kinda makes me happy. and also since the real weapon you are using to 1st clear the latest raid will always your relic/tome weapons, makes them quite worth it

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I don't even try to tank in CT2 lol.|
    When I was working on tank gear, the other two tanks always sat with a thumb up their ass, so I'd just run in and grab once I saw the ally was in the room, before someone pops the ready check.

And for another complaint: The confirm window tick sound doesn't match the timer countdown. It's always the little things.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

random complaint: After trying to get tank head(completion sake) and ring (pre ramuh buff) for a long time, i gave up and after i really didnt care anymore. Bard in PT havent seen bow since first clear and nexus made him gave up cos even if it start dropping, he wont use it.

True enough, head ring and bow drop this week. Nice SE, well played.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Could probably considered a fail but I need more available fantasia. (I have a problem)

Just one more and I swear I'll be done. I promise.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    random complaint: After trying to get tank head(completion sake) and ring (pre ramuh buff) for a long time, i gave up and after i really didnt care anymore. Bard in PT havent seen bow since first clear and nexus made him gave up cos even if it start dropping, he wont use it.

True enough, head ring and bow drop this week. Nice SE, well played.

We got the guaranteed PUG drop from Turn9. PUGed a BRD, got bow. That's the only way to get a 100% drop.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

6 whole months, and only 4 Ls were ever sold in Mist.

2.38, a fucking business trip and all of them are gone except the ones in 7 and 8 and one last unit in 6.

Fuck it, I'll crash the markets if I have too. I'm unloading every single piece of fur and leather and material I've stocked up.
    I want my fucking McMansion.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    We got the guaranteed PUG drop from Turn9. PUGed a BRD, got bow. That's the only way to get a 100% drop.
    Everytime we need to PUG somebody, that turn will inevitably drop something we've not had drop ever, and the PUG will win it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Quote Originally Posted by JigglyJam View Post
    Could probably considered a fail but I need more available fantasia. (I have a problem)

Just one more and I swear I'll be done. I promise.
    You're not that guy on the OF that's gone through all 9 potions already, are you?