1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 5 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 697 of 712 FirstFirst ... 647 687 695 696 697 698 699 707 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

you can Pug it unlimited times next week :D

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Never saw BRD hands, MNK pants, DRG belt, casting earring, sword, sch book, or spear. Only 1 healing body ever dropped for us too. I'm totally looking forward to having Ninja gear thrown in the mix come 2.4.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by KetSC View Post
    tl;dr - Disappointed in the class / job system. Even more disappointed that FFXIV is basically WoW except without one of the greatest aspects of WoW (class specilizations) which added a ton of variety to the game.
    Valid concerns and I agree with many of them, but you have to understand, excluding 1.0 (Tanaka-era), ARR (Yoshida-era) is still young. How many years did it took WoW and XI to get to what it is now?

In Reddit's FanFest interview, Yoshida gave some well reasoned answers to the situation. The question was in regards to the Final Coil, but I feel it pertains to many other areas.

Reddit: I'm going to start out with some raid questions. You announced that Final Coil of Bahamut is going to be four bosses long, I assume, plus four savage modes. Games like World of Warcraft, which I hate to bring up, typically introduce tiers of 10 to 13 bosses. Is there any plans on adding any large scale raids with many bosses post expansion?
    Yoshida: Well I mean if you will wait longer between patches then we can do something like that.
    Reddit: You announced the number of people working on this and typically it seems to be one person so I expect it would take a long time and more people. I don't know if the players are wiling to wait longer. That's something that would have to be asked and maybe something I'll pose to the players when we get back from Fanfest.
    Yoshida: A lot has changed since WoW. Before them there was not many MMOs out there so people would wait because they had to wait and there was nothing else to do. But now there's a lot of stuff out there. There's a lot of games to play and by creating a long wait for players they're just going to go off and play something else. So we think it's important for the game in this day and era to keep the time between patches as short as possible. Another difference with WoW is because it's been around so long and so many people have played it for so long that it's become their second home. And so they can have 6 months between a major patch or a year or more between their expansion and people will play and then they'll leave, maybe cancel their account to play something else, but then when the next big thing comes they come back. And that's because they've spent so much time in WoW. With Final Fantasy XIV because it's new we don't have that luxury. So until we have that luxury we want to make sure people stick with us.
    But I also can't help but think Square Enix has a large part in mismanaging the development teams. Hopefully Yoshida can do something about it, as he noted in this interview. http://gamerescape.com/2014/10/21/fa...naoki-yoshida/

It is part of my job to break the mold on some of these weird Square Enix rules.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah, I can't help thinking he's also talking about the PR team and its inability to Relate to the Public.

What the fuck kind of marketing team *doesn't* release product information and then gets pissed off when other people do? Do they even understand how marketing works? Sounds to me like they're channel sales reps and not marketers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    What the fuck kind of marketing team *doesn't* release product information and then gets pissed off when other people do? Do they even understand how marketing works? Sounds to me like they're channel sales reps and not marketers.
    Ehh, I always consider the whole "marketing team is mad at us" talk just PR fluff/humour.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

many people need to remember old MMOs have a huge timesink into leveling, so they dont necessary always be sitting around waiting for raids

however i do agree FFXIV need something "grindy" aside from relics

maybe like 1.0's AV CC spam for DLs, which are not the best in slots cos 1.0's crafting gears rules everything, but still 2nd best and worth to grind for

maybe make a repeatable spammable low drop rate dungeon that drops IL 119 gear or something for example

but then again if they do that, the same QQs will emerge and ask for drop rate increase so its a never ending cycle of complaints really..... you just have to live between the best of both worlds

3 months between major patches isnt bad really, its also not good/healthy to sit on the chair spamming/grinding stuffs in modern MMOs.....

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    but then again if they do that, the same QQs will emerge and ask for drop rate increase so its a never ending cycle of complaints really..... you just have to live between the best of both worlds

3 months between major patches isnt bad really, its also not good/healthy to sit on the chair spamming/grinding stuffs in modern MMOs.....
    Yeah really. You can't please everyone.

Also, in the golden age of entertainment, just how hard pressed are you for stuff to do? I wish XIV had more variety of content and better gameplay too, but I also understand why it doesn't. Personally, I'm okay with ARR taking its time to establish a stable foundation and creating timesinks. I have a lot of stuff on the side to keep me occupied. Between work and sleep, I only have so much time for TV, movies, anime, sports, and reading/internet. This is not even counting console games that I haven't touched in the past year.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    SCoB is done and I never got HA legs the last piece I needed for PLD BiS.

14 t9 4 DRG 3 WHM 3 SMN 1 BRD 1 war 2 BLM

Ha slaying neck 6 (yes 6) weeks in a row
    Things we have seen 0 of, after final count: Casting Ears, Sword, MNK (he at least has Nexus), BLM (has Nexus).

Records:
    7 Fending Necks + Aiming Heads + Heaing Hands/Ears/Ring
    6 Fending Ears + Aiming Necks + Casting Hands + Healing Wrists

I shoulda been working on Nexus sword, fk.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

no blm staff all these while?

NOW THATS wierd O_O;;;;;;

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yep. 31 T6's (since release week), 27? T7s (we skipped it 1-2 weeks because fuck T7), 28 T8s, 17 T9s.

If you count the 6alts+2newpeople runs we did for a few weeks, got a few more T9 kills with BLM staff drops (including to the caster alt of our main group's caster, lol).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Only 1 healing body ever dropped for us too.
    I thought my group was the only one! I feel your pain, it's so annoying seeing every single healer around with the HA body and our second healer main never even got his, lol. Salt in the wound, he has it on his alt (which he never plays).

Shoutout to our SMN too: this is the second tier where we haven't gotten a single SMN book (20ish lockouts on each tier). Haven't done our last clear yet but I abandoned hope a long time ago.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

well, at least in 2.4 we dont have to worry abt RNG anymore

all the final coil gears is only for leveling purpose come 3.0

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Shoutout to our SMN too: this is the second tier where we haven't gotten a single SMN book (20ish lockouts on each tier).
    Wow, can you take some of ours please?

5/17 T9 SMN books, 5/23 T5.

Only like 2 of us actually play SMN. One of the 5 doesn't even have it at 50.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Random complaint: Random complaint thread should be renamed to "I didn't get my Coil drop complaint thread".

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We were able to see at least one of everything. Few drops only one of though...and others over 10 of that hit the floor many times (fuck you BRD belt), and some took over 30 weeks to show up. I really hope they don't fuck up the tokens alluded to in 3.0.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    If I wanted to play XI or WoW, I'd resub to those. Also, I'm slightly skeptical at you calling XI in the prime of its life now.
    Is XI sub-100k subs now? Sub 80k? I dunno if anything can be in its "prime" with low numbers. Perhaps you meant to say its in its "twilight", as things are nice and its retired and can just watch the grandkids grow up while collecting dat sweet retirement check.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Vana'diel would be a hell of a place to retire to, but its best years are certainly behind it. I wonder how much of my missing it is nostalgia. They don't make 'em like they used to, and I doubt any MMO is ever going to let the old Sky/Sea/HNM battle of relevancy last. Certainly not for as many years as XI did.

My concern for XIV is what happens to the old rides once the new wings of the theme park open up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Vana'diel would be a hell of a place to retire to, but its best years are certainly behind it. I wonder how much of my missing it is nostalgia. They don't make 'em like they used to, and I doubt any MMO is ever going to let the old Sky/Sea/HNM battle of relevancy last. Certainly not for as many years as XI did.

My concern for XIV is what happens to the old rides once the new wings of the theme park open up.
    If it's the usual theme park system, they will become irrelevant, at least for a time until S-E decides to refresh them somehow and makes them required for something.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I just hope they get rid of the minimum number of people required to enter duties soon. I'd definitely redo old content for mounts/vanity if I wasn't forced to fill up the entire party.

Clicking on the "Entrance" of a dungeon/trial should give you the option to go in with whatever you have imo.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    I just hope they get rid of the minimum number of people required to enter duties soon. I'd definitely redo old content for mounts/vanity if I wasn't forced to fill up the entire party.

Clicking on the "Entrance" of a dungeon/trial should give you the option to go in with whatever you have imo.
    I'm pretty sure it's an artificial limitation designed to keep the hardware requirements down for duty servers. If everyone solos 4-man dungeons, you need 4x the server hardware to handle it.

A big enough FC could really fuck some shit up if they dedicated themselves to joining, say, CM, all but one guy leave, replace him and the initial exit-dude, queue CM again, etc, and just slowly start DOSing the entire cluster by eating up server resources for an instance that you can snail your way through across two hours. 80 guys spin up 30+ instances of CM and then just fart around wasting CPU/bandwidth.