1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 59 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 712 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Still getting plagued with the forever-loading screen for Brotherly Love mission.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Doesn't seem that maintenance changed anything

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

lol, server reset and painted mesa( the reason why our server went down ) still broken

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Still bork for me

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Detozi Deis
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh lord, just got 3102.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Apparently me taking a nap caused the servers to go down, and they came back up when I woke up. Glad to see this game is perfectly tailored for me. Joking aside, ffxiv seems to be doing fairly well for what is essentially a launch. I remember when BC came out and my friend queue'd up for a 40-49 gulch on his secondary and ended up getting in as his 60 main. Oh the shenanigans that were happening at that time.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I am fascinated by the amount of tolerance some people are showing for how some of this has been going, and sincerely hope none of them ever get a job in QA for any product I might ever need.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I am fascinated by the amount of tolerance some people are showing for how some of this has been going, and sincerely hope none of them ever get a job in QA for any product I might ever need.
    White Knights gonna White Knight for some of them. The others are just passive.

I'm typically not passive when 2 things concern me:

1) When I've paid for them.
    2) When they're expected to work.

This is retail. We're no longer in beta. Complaints are fair game now, no matter who says "its just first week, first month, first year, first decade". Lick me bag with that attitude.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'd probably be more annoyed if I was actually affected. But with my apparently well timed nap, dinner with cousins soon, and having to spend tomorrow helping my sister move back up to college, the game isn't -really- starting for me until Monday. That and I went in expecting stuff to be worse than it is lol. Yay for low expectations.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    White Knights gonna White Knight for some of them. The others are just passive.

I'm typically not passive when 2 things concern me:

1) When I've paid for them.
    2) When they're expected to work.

This is retail. We're no longer in beta. Complaints are fair game now, no matter who says "its just first week, first month, first year, first decade". Lick me bag with that attitude.
    I'm not happy with the servers being bogged down, but honestly, if you're complaining about congestion then you must've forgotten every other game that has server issues at launch. And don't give me that, "this is 2013" bullshit, "we should be past these kinds of issues." Technical limitations will always exist and there is no magic server infrastructure that can handle this type of abuse right out of the gate. Throw in the fact that SE is located in Japan and is having to remotely work on the NA/EU datacenter further complicates things.

I swear the tunnel vision people have with this shit is astonishing. If we're having issues two weeks from now, yeah, I'd say SE fucked up big time, but on the first day? Now if the congestion and issues doesn't start clearing up in the next few days or at least improving then there's cause for concern. Last I checked players are still able to log in and play for the most part.

A. Body
    BG Level

When the servers came back up, I got in a duty. Now I can't get in the sylph fight. If I couldn't chase down some fates, I'd be more upset. As it stands, I'm just gunna call this a shakey launch simply because there's enough content for me to do outside of duties to feel like I'm doing something.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

See I'd go along with "bumpy launch" but when almost all of P4/EA issues so far have been confined to NA/EU it's extra discouraging.

Gave me an excuse to go do craft class quests so I'll deal with it I guess.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I'm not happy with the servers being bogged down, but honestly, if you're complaining about congestion then you must've forgotten every other game that has server issues at launch. And don't give me that, "this is 2013" bullshit, "we should be past these kinds of issues." Technical limitations will always exist and there is no magic server infrastructure that can handle this type of abuse right out of the gate. Throw in the fact that SE is located in Japan and is having to remotely work on the NA/EU datacenter further complicates things.

I swear the tunnel vision people have with this shit is astonishing. If we're having issues two weeks from now, yeah, I'd say SE fucked up big time, but on the first day? Now if the congestion and issues doesn't start clearing up in the next few days or at least improving then there's cause for concern. Last I checked players are still able to log in and play for the most part.
    It has nothing to do with tunnel vision. Of course I expected it. That means nothing. I still have a right to be annoyed by it; review companies still have the right to slam it; the company itself still should still do everything in their power to avoid it.

You're free to adopt your "in a few days" mantra. I'm free to not do that. I've done it enough. If it affected everyone, I'd be less pissed, but to see it only affect Gaijin NA/EU while the pure and pristine JP are allowed to flourish irritates me to no end.

I never had to worry about -that- before, so yeah, I'm salty.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    See I'd go along with "bumpy launch" but when almost all of P4/EA issues so far have been confined to NA/EU it's extra discouraging.

Gave me an excuse to go do craft class quests so I'll deal with it I guess.
    It is annoying that this is exclusively a not-JP problem. Very much speaks to poor server upkeep and probably poor server flexibility (if that's the right word).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If it affected everyone, I'd be less pissed, but to see it only affect Gaijin NA/EU while the pure and pristine JP are allowed to flourish irritates me to no end.

At least the emergency maint didn't put Fafhogg/KB back into JP timezone after they finally left, right?

It is annoying that this is exclusively a not-JP problem. Very much speaks to poor server upkeep and probably poor server flexibility (if that's the right word).
    It makes me wonder if perhaps duty finder isn't spammed as hard on JP servers.

A. Body
    BG Level

oh you.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    It makes me wonder if perhaps duty finder isn't spammed as hard on JP servers.
    How do we know that it isn't? How do we know its just not an example of the JP tripling the budget for stable servers in Japan, yet laxing for the rest of the unkempt masses?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

After taking 4.5+ hours to download the patch I can finally play!

...only to find the server my friends are playing on is closed to new characters at the moment.

I know its a launch and there are bugs, yadda yadda, but this is the second time around for FFXIV, you'd think SE would kind of been slightly better prepared. Meh.

Back to WoW until Hyperion opens up. :S

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm about to order some Chinese food for delivery. According to many on the OF, if it never shows up I should still pay for it, stop whining and being so entitled.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    It has nothing to do with tunnel vision. Of course I expected it. That means nothing. I still have a right to be annoyed by it; review companies still have the right to slam it; the company itself still should still do everything in their power to avoid it.

You're free to adopt your "in a few days" mantra. I'm free to not do that. I've done it enough. If it affected everyone, I'd be less pissed, but to see it only affect Gaijin NA/EU while the pure and pristine JP are allowed to flourish irritates me to no end.

You're entitled to that opinion, but some have been exclaiming "failed game" after Open Beta and and only 10 hours of Early Access. The latter of those being between NA/EU primetime on a Saturday.

Did SE underestimate their server needs for NA/EU, of course, I won't argue that. Can I blame them after seeing how little they advertised the game in North America and Europe? No, but that was certainly a pretty big oversight by their marketing department and the bean counters at SE. They honestly didn't expect this kind of response outside of Japan and after the bad press of 1.0 I can somewhat understand where they're coming from.

Are review sites ok with noting server problems at the start? Definitely and I hope they mention that in their reviews as they would any other game that has these issues. News sites and forums blasted Blizzard for the D3 launch and the same happened to EA for Sim City, so I'd expect some backlash.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 712 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast