1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 14 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -5 hours, -46 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 680 of 712 FirstFirst ... 630 670 678 679 680 681 682 690 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Fuckers beat me to this plot of land, so I camped their fucking balcony. Now there's only one plot left on ward 8, and I'm 15 fucking M short.

Spoiler: show

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

1 mil is like what 4 bucks now?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I fully acknowledge I am an asshole for doing so but it is beyond funny to watch people in DF bonus window primals, with Novus, refuse to leave until loot drops. When in the time they took to wait they could have just done another clear.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i would do that too.... cos garuda/mog weapon desynth still give me skill ups

but im really mad if im made to wait LONG tho... people need to pass/greed/need asap yo!!!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Atma farming is a major pain in the ass as I'm sure everyone probably knows. Got 8 Atma within 5~10 fates in their respective zones, and the last 4 I've gotten nadda after hours and hours. Bitching for the sake of bitching, which I feel if the purpose of this thread.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I know that feeling all too well. Had a week off from work last month and spent some time on atma farming. Middle La Noscea took over seven hours and Outer La Noscea took four hours. And that's with about 30 minutes break in the middle of both zones.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Atma farming is a major pain in the ass as I'm sure everyone probably knows. Got 8 Atma within 5~10 fates in their respective zones, and the last 4 I've gotten nadda after hours and hours. Bitching for the sake of bitching, which I feel if the purpose of this thread.
    After more than 15 hours or so I got the one in Fallgourd Float.. truly my worst experience ever. But, no im 8/12, just need... 4 more... so close.

Also, Central thanalan is like, devoid of FATEs

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I've made the complaint here and there that I don't really understand why the arguably most tedious (and definitely least-rewarding) upgrade step is the first (not counting Zenith because come on). I don't necessarily think it needs a drop rate tweak or a way to "buy" atma but is it too much to ask that anything from Zenith to Nexus can get atma drops, and not JUST Zenith?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

On the plus side, after posting in this thread, I gave it another go and just got 1 of my last 4 to drop, lol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

As much as I'm losing my mind grinding out atma it wouldn't be nearly so frustrating if the short term rewards were more meaningful:

1) GC seals aren't really worth much and so many of the zones don't even have high level FATES to boost that "meaningless" reward (I'm 8/12 and about to cap a second time)

2) The XP rewards are so pitiful for my bird, 30/kill means shit when I'm staring down 500k.

3) If I could use a low level job and get XP for that I probably wouldn't have a single complaint including the above two.

I realize the last one is completely unrealistic but would it be too much to ask that while you are under level sync your bird got XP as though you were fighting level appropriate mobs (which in a sense you are) or since you are XP capped you got 10% of the potential XP reward as a boost to the GC seal reward (or hell even the gil reward).

Yes I see the irony of saying GC seals are worthless and then saying a boost in the reward would be nice.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

next patch will prolly sell the current mytho mats in GCs, so i wouldnt say its useless

as for atma, i agree it should be "buyable" etc, with allised seals for exampls at a high cost. cos it will still be pain in ass to get allied seals now, maybe 2-3 hours of mob hunts for 1 atma, but still better than shitty rng 7 hours in 1 zone FATEing

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I seem to remember hearing that they wouldn't be introducing a new type of tomestones in 2.4 (citation needed) so I'm not sure that myth mats will be available for GC seals (although i won't be too shocked if they are). The problem is even if they do move myth mats to seals the market will be flooded immediately and they will be as "worthless" as the old philo mats are now.

I do think there will be some kind of nerf to atma in 2.4, whether it's an increase in drop rates or some sort of system to buy them. I guess my biggest problem with atma overall is the fact that there's no way to measure progress. As bad as (I hear) books are at least there is measurable progress the entire way. It might be shitty, irritating grinding but at least you have the satisfaction of seeing portions of it being completed and the knowledge that you are making quantifiable progress.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

considering they're removing the soldiery cap, likely removing the weekly lockout on st in 2.4 and can get a 110 weapon in a day, i think they'll up the rate

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Using the past as a predictor the lock-out on 2nd Coil will be lifted but ST lock-out would stay in place until 2.5 and the next stage of the tower is released (at least I'm fairly certain the tower 1 lock-out was in place until tower 2 was released but I was on a break at the time and not following patch notes as closely as I might have otherwise, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

due to higher ilvl, you can bet the new il110 armor will need current mytho mats and they will raise in price.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by SlaxLeary View Post
    Using the past as a predictor the lock-out on 2nd Coil will be lifted but ST lock-out would stay in place until 2.5 and the next stage of the tower is released (at least I'm fairly certain the tower 1 lock-out was in place until tower 2 was released but I was on a break at the time and not following patch notes as closely as I might have otherwise, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).
    I checked the 2.2 notes and ya the weekly lockout was removed. So I'm hoping that they either up the rate or put in a potion type of item that ups the rate for a certain amount of time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I had 2 monks in Hullbreaker Isle think they were doing amazing dps. Both of them were sub 250 in i100+ gear. I wanted to inform them that the healer was out dpsing them, but I can't because of the game's archaic views on parsing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    On the plus side, after posting in this thread, I gave it another go and just got 1 of my last 4 to drop, lol
    Rule #1 in this game : always bitch at the RNG if you want your item to drop.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SlaxLeary View Post
    I seem to remember hearing that they wouldn't be introducing a new type of tomestones in 2.4 (citation needed)
    I remember the same, but according to a fan translation on the OF of the live letter from TGS this month, they're adding new tomes afterall. Maybe we'll see an official translation soon.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I recall that as well, but the recent 'post live letter questions' had this, so I think it's pretty official
    In this thread we'd like you to specifically pose the increase to the item level and the introduction of a new Allagan tomestone.