1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 29 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 217 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

FATE grinding in 8-man parties in AMAZING.

I'd say with a competenent group it's even faster than questing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I LOGGED IN!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    FATE grinding in 8-man parties in AMAZING.

I'd say with a competenent group it's even faster than questing.
    Agreed did 36-43 today with more story missions

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

My praise is the kindness of others. Working along side a 27 blacksmith and we exchanged a few HQ mats. She hooked me up by making a HQ 27 armorer hammer and a HQ version of my 25 axe. Good times.

Edit: And melded a craftsman's materia into it, to boot!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Praise to Brayflox's Longstop for being a nice wake-up call for the dungeons to stop messing around and challenge you a bit.

God stuff hits hard.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah i'm really enjoying the game so far. I keep overleveling the dungeons by doing all the story quest/quest around where the story quest takes me. i haven't had an instance to run the same dungeon over and over yet. I'm about to hit 31 on cnj/whm and haven't even unlocked haukke's manor yet. I've been pretty lucky with the few parties i have ran with. Although for the majority of the dungeon it's quiet i've had a few ask about fights and the one marauder i partied with in totorak even marked and managed hate really well. If only i could get the acn carbuncle to stop waking up my reposed mobs. I was frustrated about the 1017 90k but once i was able to log in i quickly forgot about it and since the last overnight maintenance i haven't had a single issue logging in even when i get on at 7 est.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just did Halitali with Marauder, Gladiator, Archer, Lancer.

I, on archer, was the main healer. We performed bind sillyness, multiple tank endeavors, and all kinds of shenanigans. It was incredibly fun.

Spoiler: show

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Cutters Cry was perfect. But i dont see pugs doing it. Be ready to wipe tons of times if you have bad players.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Loving the dungeons, even though i've only gotten to tam-tara. (that's the level 25ish one, right? <.<; ) It was almost like old times! ...until I discovered it was nothing like the old dungeon when our tank got sucked into a room, then the room was sealed off with a surprise web, cutting him off from us healers. we had to quickly take out the web and barely managed to heal him in time to save his life. He only had like 5 hp at that point lol.

The unexpected surprises like that are making me excited to see what future dungeons hold!

Also loving carbys AI for the most part, he's very intelligent with his moves, other than AoEing random mobs that aren't attacking us. I love how emerald carby only uses his knockback move when a mob is ignoring the tank and heading toward the mages, and only does it once the mobs in melee range, or if the knockback move would finish off the mob.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    Also loving carbys AI for the most part, he's very intelligent with his moves, other than AoEing random mobs that aren't attacking us. I love how emerald carby only uses his knockback move when a mob is ignoring the tank and heading toward the mages, and only does it once the mobs in melee range, or if the knockback move would finish off the mob.
    Oh my god that's automatic? I thought the ACNs were doing that crap on purpose and I was about to start yelling at them.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i agree. the pet AI is very impressive. Its probably too much to expect an ACN to handle pet moves and his own rotation together. That being said, i do wish there was a pet command that goes something like 'don't AoE'. in haukke manor my carby was waking up sleeping mobs with AoEs.

Companions are also a bundle of awesome. As someone who likes to play classes manager-style (read: letting pet/others do the work), I was pleased with how my chocobo could hold its own while I attacked from afar. (even better was when I had both companion and topaz tanking for me on harder solo fights.). Its a good thing the companion levels as you do, and the only thing from them that require grinding is their skill trees.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Oh my god that's automatic? I thought the ACNs were doing that crap on purpose and I was about to start yelling at them.
    Huh. Kinda awesome that it's automatic, honestly. Though my friend who was all "Oh I'm a 15 ACN I know all about how it works" said you could do it on command. I need to ignore him more...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    Huh. Kinda awesome that it's automatic, honestly. Though my friend who was all "Oh I'm a 15 ACN I know all about how it works" said you could do it on command. I need to ignore him more...
    You can sort of control what it does, but as far as I can tell you'd have to tell it to Obey instead of the default Sic for every single mob so unless you have that macro'd in tandem with something it's a lot of hassle. Also Topaz (if not also Emerald) will still use his AoE claw thing because it's a hate-gaining tool. The bigger problem with manual control over pet actions is that you can't use them while you're casting something. So it is almost always better for them to go full autopilot anyways and just resort to good placement if possible.

Chocobo companion is surprisingly capable. Not really fair to compare it to ACN/SMN pets but it outdamages them by almost 2x (as it probably should since it's taking up a party member slot). Now just hoping we'll have a way to respec them since I'd rather mine didn't have Choco Regen. Thinking of going 9/4 in Attacker/Defender but right now I'm stuck with 3/1/1 Attack/Defend/Heal.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

First game i've seen sell out at gamestop. Cousin picked up his physical copy and someone tried to buy it from him because gamestop was out of non-pre-orders.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

question about the "pay bonus", I was a 1.0 player and i bought the ps3 version so i still have some free playtime, can i still buy the 180 day sub and get all items right now? (if i remember right, they said you get the items instantly after you buy the sub?)

and how would that work, if i go to the mog station and click "buy 180 day sub" it doesnt say anything about the bonus items?

I dont want to "waste" the chance to get the items instantly

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Dngnhack View Post
    First game i've seen sell out at gamestop. Cousin picked up his physical copy and someone tried to buy it from him because gamestop was out of non-pre-orders.
    How many copies of 1.0 were they stuck with before? Not surprised they would run out.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    It's annoying if you're a tank that knows how to play and is paying attention. The only times I've lost hate on something thus far is if the DDs are attacking something I'm not attacking, and then they lose hate to the CNJ. (Which is a whole other issue but I haven't been too concerned because the first few dungeons are so easy it doesn't matter, but I will start yelling at people as soon as it becomes an issue) However I know that this is going to happen so when it does I target the mob in question w/ Tomahawk or line myself up for an Overpower or Flash only to get it pushed out of the way by that stupid knockback.

So basically, yeah it's cool if your tank/dds are terrible, annoying to them if they're competent.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Did 80% of Chimera in Cutters Cry as WAR & BLM. (MNK/WHM died) Was the most fun I've had in an mmo for years.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Even with all the server issues, I'm still really loving the game. Who knows what'll happen with end-game progression, but in the meantime I'm having a blast!

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 217 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast