1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 10 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 23 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Sort of a dragoon question, but also a question for gearing up. Right now I'm trying to get crit in all slots, sitting at 415 str (in party) and 497 crit. Using mostly HQ militia in head, hands and legs for the crit on 'em. I was wondering if I should upgrade to Darklight for the extra 3-4 str on each piece, even though I'll be sacrificing a lot of crit with the whole set. Does the str and a bit of determination make a big enough dps difference? 37 dmg weapon btw if it matters

Someone needs to sit down and figure out how crit rate works.

Oh Kaeko/Seiken, where art thou...

So does blood for blood and other DRG dmg boosts effect limit break dmg?

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Yes.

Blood for Blood + Heavy Thrust stack. Don't bother with criticals because it ain't gonna happen (are there other damage boosters for dragoon besides running as Lancer instead?)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Disembowel, but that's assuming LB is piercing when used as a DRG. Probably unaspected dmg or whatever they call it

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Great thread about DRG rotations. I just got to 40, so Heavy Thrust throws a dick in the orgy.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...otation-Reborn

Playing on a PS3, its hard to actually keep a long rotation to throw in Buffs (Blood for Blood, Internal Release) since all of that is on a different hotbar.

Is Lancer with a bunch of buffs better than Dragoon with Jumps?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Your signature goes perfect with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post

If only there was a mob as convenient as goldfish and a thing as convenient as -1 fstr. I may have spearheaded the understanding of ddex->crit% in xi, but only because it was easy to do and I could do it while afk.

edit: Oh wait, training dummies. All I need is a decent parser and some time when I can't play. Unfortunately right now I can literally play whenever the server is up..

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee View Post
    Is Lancer with a bunch of buffs better than Dragoon with Jumps?
    The thread your images come from says no, the stat boost from being on a job outweighs the additional buffs you would get.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

http://valk.dancing-mad.com/?page_id...riticalHitRate

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What does your guys AoE rotation look like? Heavy Thrust > Ring of Thorns combo spam?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Depends on how quickly the mobs need to be killed. Doomspike spam if you can manage the position. For Garuda plumes you would be better off just spamming ring of thorns since time is an issue.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Datonare View Post
    Depends on how quickly the mobs need to be killed. Doomspike spam if you can manage the position. For Garuda plumes you would be better off just spamming ring of thorns since time is an issue.
    That is what I figured. Do you try to position yourself and heavy thrust before ring of thorns spam or just fuck it and not bother with tanks moving and just spam it?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

On Garuda it's easy to set up heavy thrust first as you have like 5 seconds after mistral shriek before plumes appear. If for whatever reason heavy thrust isn't on, then funk it I just spamming RoT. Will use bfb if needed, like if a lot of rocks are being destroyed for whatever reason

Considering RoT is DRG's only AoE attack (that's not on a 3 min cooldown) it's not like there's a lot of choice.

edit: Oh, am I crazy or did Leg Sweep's recast used to be shorter during Beta? Like 20s or something.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Considering RoT is DRG's only AoE attack (that's not on a 3 min cooldown) it's not like there's a lot of choice.

edit: Oh, am I crazy or did Leg Sweep's recast used to be shorter during Beta? Like 20s or something.
    Well, I figured that was it but I wasn't if you guys do Heavy Thrust > Ring Of thorn combo every time ro the added damage for combo. Like I wasn't sure if it's worth it, if you are in position to Heavy Thrust > Ring of Thorn > Heavy Thrust > ring of thron over and over again.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Everything always depends on what you're fighting. I spend my time 90% to the flank

Fair enough, situations where AoE is needed can make comboing Heavy more difficult.

If you know when you're going to need it a pre-emptive Heavy to prep the combo for add spawns is helpful, for adds that absolutely need to die ASAP (Garuda was mentioned) fiddling around with the combo is probably not the best idea.

In a situation where the main target and the adds stay in relatively close proximity you can Heavy on the boss and reposition slightly for Ring if necessary, but unless you think you're going to be TP starved just spamming RoT will get the job done more reliably with less hassle and risk of waste.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Only just hit level 30 and got drg. Was wondering about MRD and PUG. From what I can tell I really only need to get MRD to 15 and PUG to 12. Any reasons to level them any higher for DRG?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Mercy Stroke is nice to have (MRD 26). Sometime soon I need to unlazy and get that >_>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So I have a question. I plan to buy some HQ rubelitte jewelry until I get DL for my DRG alt and was wondering what materia I should meld with it? Should I be melding STR or CRIT? I haven't messed with materia/melding at all yet besides pre relic.