1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 4 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 5 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    So I have a question. I plan to buy some HQ rubelitte jewelry until I get DL for my DRG alt and was wondering what materia I should meld with it? Should I be melding STR or CRIT? I haven't messed with materia/melding at all yet besides pre relic.
    HQ Rubellite rings are already at the STR cap for that slot + iLvl, so you can't meld any more STR onto it. Any attempts to do so will reduce the materia bonus down to STR+0 (why it even lets you accept the meld at that point... I'll never know).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    HQ Rubellite rings are already at the STR cap for that slot + iLvl, so you can't meld any more STR onto it.
    Ah, I guess I should research this a bit more. Didn't know there was stat caps.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For non-stunnable bosses, does everyone incorporate Shatterdive and Leg sweep in to their rotation (or as soon as its up?)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Leg sweep yes. Jumps, I tend to plug it in whenever I don't need to move to the flank/back for a combo and depending on what the boss is doing or going to do since you'll get animation locked in position.

They're off they're off the GCD, no reason not to throw them in between WSs.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    They're off they're off the GCD, no reason not to throw them in between WSs.
    The amount of DRG I've seen get landslided during Titan because of this logic... lol. Just be wary in AoE heavy fights, it's better to not bother at all unless you're 100% sure it's safe.

Well it's a given that if you need to move you should be aware of things like that at all times and act accordingly, but in terms of whether they're worth using in general outside of their ranged attack/stun/movement utilities but for just additional damage then yea they're worth throwing into the rotation.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Yeah, hold off on jumps until he's in the middle of another move that you are safe from. I'm not actually sure when, or for how long, your position may (or may not) change during a jump, so I never risk it during anything other than stomps.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

That animation lock is fucking annoying for both dodging and slowing down GCD stuff.

Oh I have a question of my own regarding Jump: does it actually place your char at the target at any point or is your actual position stationary during the animation?

Like, if you used Jump to pull one aggressive mob from a group (assuming they don't link) would the other mobs detect you while delivering the attack?

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Oh I have a question of my own regarding Jump: does it actually place your char at the target at any point or is your actual position stationary during the animation?

Like, if you used Jump to pull one aggressive mob from a group (assuming they don't link) would the other mobs detect you while delivering the attack?
    Last I tried this, you travel to the point and back. Although you're stationary - you can link with other shit.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee View Post
    Last I tried this, you travel to the point and back. Although you're stationary - you can link with other shit.
    You mean link, or do you mean aggro? Because linking has nothing to do with the monsters being able to see/hear you (which is why he said "assuming they don't link").

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I think he obviously means aggro.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Jump bounces you back to starting position, Shatterdive Jump actually lands you next to the mob and keeps you there. It's great for closing in on mobs (that's what I use it for most often).

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    Jump bounces you back to starting position, Shatterdive Jump actually lands you next to the mob and keeps you there. It's great for closing in on mobs (that's what I use it for most often).
    Yes, but the discussion is are you -- or for how long, and at what point of the animation -- are you physically moved to the target. Are you there instantaneously or moved in a straight line (I believe it is instantaneous). Can you pull aggro from other enemies during the time you are moved to the target?

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I thought the discussion was already resolved - you gain aggro on any jump as soon as you land on the mob (and within aggro sight). It is instantaneous with an animation delay.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Had something a little strange happen in Titan tonight. Got hit by a Weight (which I never have lag-related problems with)... only thing I did differently was trying to sneak in a Piercing Talon. And that has me wondering if that technically includes a small jump and my position didn't update in time to get out of the Weight, or if maybe I just didn't actually get out in time. Any thoughts?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Had something a little strange happen in Titan tonight. Got hit by a Weight (which I never have lag-related problems with)... only thing I did differently was trying to sneak in a Piercing Talon. And that has me wondering if that technically includes a small jump and my position didn't update in time to get out of the Weight, or if maybe I just didn't actually get out in time. Any thoughts?
    Jump updates your position only after you lands, so it's always a bad idea to try to jump out of aoe.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Jump updates your position only after you lands, so it's always a bad idea to try to jump out of aoe.
    Yeah, specifically I was wondering if Piercing Talon might work a little like a jump.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Why would piercing talon work like a jump? You jump a tiny bit straight up in the air - you don't change your x-position unless you are already moving. I'm confused.