1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

So whats the verdict on alloting points on Drg, so Far I have gone pure Str, but I have heard Vit bandied around too, what sort of ratio Str/Vit should I aim for at 50?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

You shouldn't need to take away from your 30 STR allotment. Keeping your gear up to date is enough for VIT.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Allot points in this order:

1. STR.
    2. More STR.
    3. I think you get the point.

For a lot of these jobs I feel that the whole point allotment system is a waste of time and resources. From a min-max perspective the choices are immediate no-brainers. I would much rather put points into boosting abilities/traits (granted the choices are all fairly decent and not as straightforward as stats).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

What's better in term of upgrade for a drg. Gae Bolg +1 (+2 dmg +2 magic dmg +4 str +5 vit +4 acc +3 chr) or wyrm's mail (+5 def, +5 magic def, +9 Str, +11 Vit, +24 Chr, -19 skill speed, +6 Det).

Like that I would say wyrm mail might be more usefull for hard stuff, and +1 would probably better in easier place (CM, AK and such).

What do you think ?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justice Reborn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Kimkytaru View Post
    What's better in term of upgrade for a drg. Gae Bolg +1 (+2 dmg +2 magic dmg +4 str +5 vit +4 acc +3 chr) or wyrm's mail (+5 def, +5 magic def, +9 Str, +11 Vit, +24 Chr, -19 skill speed, +6 Det).

Like that I would say wyrm mail might be more usefull for hard stuff, and +1 would probably better in easier place (CM, AK and such).

What do you think ?
    If I understand correctly, that +2 weapon damage is going to be worth roughly 20 STR. I'd go with the +1 upgrade over the Mail. You can then use it in AK to theoretically clear it quicker as well.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

What do you think ?
    Raw damage on a weapon is a much higher increase in your damage than the 5 STR difference between the two. This is for all jobs.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Raw damage on a weapon is a much higher increase in your damage than the 5 STR difference between the two. This is for all jobs.

Yeah I get that, the thing is that there is also +25 critial hit rate. Which could make a big difference.

In that case you shouldn't have sucked and used DL body when DS haub is superior.

Hehehe.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    In that case you shouldn't have sucked and used DL body when DS haub is superior.

Hehehe.
    We're not all rich and can make money. It's nothing about sucking or not. Beside I dont think that was the question or was it ?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

So I haven't done endgame yet, but I keep hearing from people in my FC/on misc forums that DRGs can't pull their weight in Coil.

Kind of disheartening since it's the class I enjoy the most atm, and just geared it up.

Is there any hope? I thought for sure DRG could keep up with MNK (My FC thinks otherwise).... To be fair I'm new to this FC and have not had a chance to do HM Titan for my Relic.

We're not all rich and can make money. It's nothing about sucking or not. Beside I dont think that was the question or was it ?
    I was being humorously obtuse.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Am I the only one that saw "Chr" and automatically read that as Charisma instead of Critical Hit Rate? I'm still scarred from FFXI apparently. ..

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Mabubeezareel View Post
    Am I the only one that saw "Chr" and automatically read that as Charisma instead of Critical Hit Rate? I'm still scarred from FFXI apparently. ..
    I almost made a joke about stacking CHR for Jump damage!

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just beat titan but I still have 500 philosophy to go until I can get my relic. I have DL body and hands, hetairos legs, and AF head and feet. I also only have about 300 mythology saved up.

Should I save up mythology for relic+1 or 2 AF2 pieces to replace head and feet?

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mugmug View Post
    So I haven't done endgame yet, but I keep hearing from people in my FC/on misc forums that DRGs can't pull their weight in Coil.

Kind of disheartening since it's the class I enjoy the most atm, and just geared it up.

Is there any hope? I thought for sure DRG could keep up with MNK (My FC thinks otherwise).... To be fair I'm new to this FC and have not had a chance to do HM Titan for my Relic.
    We always take a drg to coil. Sure it does less dmg then range dps and isn't as effective. But it fills many other rolls in helping the party achieve its goal.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cayos View Post
    Just beat titan but I still have 500 philosophy to go until I can get my relic. I have DL body and hands, hetairos legs, and AF head and feet. I also only have about 300 mythology saved up.

Should I save up mythology for relic+1 or 2 AF2 pieces to replace head and feet?
    Relic +1 all the way. The damage gained on that is much more str and det gain then you would be getting with gear. Besides when it comes to AF2 pieces I never understood why anybody would buy head and feet. Those are actually the two pieces I wouldn't buy since allagan gear is better in those places. As for AF2 pieces I'd say get pants, body, hands. But only after getting Relic +1.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Mugmug View Post

A semi-joke, but its kind of true at this point: everyone in the DPS world takes a back seat to Ranger again. Lets see if it takes -this- SE years to fix this over -that- SE in XI.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

lol

If your Bards are outparsing you in Coil then you suck.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What is everyone rotations for drg to maximize dmg?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast