1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Heavy+Phleb -> Chaos -> Full thrust until Heavy is about to wear -> Heavy + Phleb -> Full thrust until Disembowel/Chaos is about to wear -> Chaos -> repeat

Throw in Leg sweep between WSs, Jump when Power Surge is up, I generally only use Spineshatter for when I get use out of the movement aspect.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I basically strive to just keep everything up (like the above) but I also use fracture from marauder. And if there's time, toss in the true (?) thrust combo. Admittedly it would be easier if you could show only your debuffs/if they stood out more.

Does anyone do any different? Or have any of you had good results with the non-standard cross class abilities? Pug crit thing, mrd execute, fracture, second wind/mantra, bloodbath?

Bloodbath, Mantra, Second Wind are must haves. They are for "oh-shit" moments sort of. For instance Bloodbath I use in tandem with Second Wind, if I so happen to get hit for w/e reason. If I'm missing HP and I'm expecting a big hit coming that can't be dodged (Titan drops) I'll pop Second Wind in case Healers pre-heal won't be enough. Mantra is also very useful to have a rotation of for big group heals. Typically you will always have someone else with Mantra available to rotate with.

I pop Internal Release for my Full Thrust combo, together with Blood for Blood. I haven't sat down and given it all a good look, but the rotation I've grown into is pretty much the basic rotation you should be taking from some of the posts here.

Heavy > Phleb > Fracture > Chaos Thrust Combo (throw in a Power Surge Jump with Chaos Thrust Animation) > Blood/Internal > Full Thrust Combo w/ Life Surge for Guaranteed Crit.

I'm typically needing to reapply Heavy, or it just ran out by time I get to Full Thrust, which is probably because I'm taking too long to fire up my rotation for w/e reason (eating shit). I'm no hot shit DRG, but I kinda get the Rotation, it makes sense.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Fracture doesn't (directly) help your DPS, but does provide a little buffer room to prevent you from clipping your DoT's. I personally don't use it, the only time you have to be careful of DoT clipping is when buffed versions are wearing off.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Fracture doesn't (directly) help your DPS, but does provide a little buffer room to prevent you from clipping your DoT's. I personally don't use it, the only time you have to be careful of DoT clipping is when buffed versions are wearing off.
    Would you mind elaborating @fracture? I have been wondering if its worth the global, but I feel like its really tough to compare dots to other skills. Or skills vs one another in general.

For instance, a single global for fracture is surely better than a true thrust, but true leads to that combo. And, as Waraji said, I often find that Heavy thrust is wearing off by the time I get to full--maybe skipping fracture would let you get to full with heavy still up? :s

Probably skipping Fracture would help. I mean, it's not that you can't get it off before Heavy wears every time, you can, but it becomes harder with constant moving and refocusing on wtf is going on screen. I could probably work harder to not be a bad in that aspect. The only time (I think) that you will clip your DoT's is which Chaos Thrust, it's the worst. Kinda have to lag with another Full Thrust combo without Heavy Thrust buff, waiting for Chaos to get low enough.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Michaera View Post
    Would you mind elaborating @fracture?
    Untraited (i.e. cross class), Fracture isn't a particularly strong use of a GCD. It does edge out some other options you have. But the real kicker is how it complicates the rotation, resulting in no net gain of DPS. There are alternate rotations that have better DPS and are significantly simpler to pull off while dealing with mechanics.

And to play the other side of the coin, the one time Fracture can be a significant help is if you know the mob is about to jump or you are about to break away to deal with an add. Landing a Fracture then is a worthwhile gain, but in my opinion still not worth having in your rotation or trying to time so perfectly.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cool, thanks fellas. I'll give it a shot tonight.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

About to hit 50 drg today and start trying to get into endgame stuff. Can anybody quickly highlight what gear order I should be going for with tomes?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Just chiming in to say yeah, Fracture's kind of a waste of time D: Definitely agree with these guys.

I do have a question on ilvl90 gear. So I'm with my relic +1 and what not and all myth I get now is either for the AF2 or the Allag Coil pieces. Suggestions? I've seen people go with the AF2 helm more often than not.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I know some people mentioned the Jumping trick with Demon Wall during repel, but I seem to have run into a problem on Garuda. I used Dragonfire Dive on Garuda during Phase 2 right as she warped to spawn adds - now since this attack and Spineshatter will position you at the target, I ended up next to Garuda as she reappeared behind tornadoes. Needless to say I was stuck until the tornadoes calmed down.

For some that's probably old news but to me that was a bit scary. Felt really bad. Generally I don't use Jumps on Primals that require a lot of moving but now I know better on Garuda post-Phase 1.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Matic Valefor
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Just chiming in to say yeah, Fracture's kind of a waste of time D: Definitely agree with these guys.

I do have a question on ilvl90 gear. So I'm with my relic +1 and what not and all myth I get now is either for the AF2 or the Allag Coil pieces. Suggestions? I've seen people go with the AF2 helm more often than not.
    Most people probably go for helm because it looks effing badass. I did. I don't exactly regret it; its ultimately not a big deal, but the smarter move is to go for body/legs first for the crit, assuming you've already got a good acc setup for coil (which DL provides). although i don't recall stats on allagan pieces offhand.

Fracture is a really situational ability, like if other DoTs are up on a boss and i want to throw another one on before i go after an add /shrug

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't use fracture either. I tend to use my jumps as soon as the timer is up. With b4b, ht, power and life surge my jumps hit for 1kish which I'm happy with. Also can get 1k on full thrust with a critical using b4b and internal release

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

yeah, full DL + Relic+1 provides 1k crits in most caes with Blood For Blood/Heavy Thrust/Life Surge. Think most I've done so far is 1053. Definitely want more gear to make it even better.

I've heard the Vanya Trousers are pretty solid for DRG.. not sure, though. I do know the pants/body piece for the crit is really nice, and yeah.. I'm pretty set on accuracy so I don't really *need* the head piece.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    I know some people mentioned the Jumping trick with Demon Wall during repel, but I seem to have run into a problem on Garuda. I used Dragonfire Dive on Garuda during Phase 2 right as she warped to spawn adds - now since this attack and Spineshatter will position you at the target, I ended up next to Garuda as she reappeared behind tornadoes. Needless to say I was stuck until the tornadoes calmed down.

For some that's probably old news but to me that was a bit scary. Felt really bad. Generally I don't use Jumps on Primals that require a lot of moving but now I know better on Garuda post-Phase 1.
    You have to be even more aware of your jump timing during Titan HM. Unfortunately, your position is locked during the animation and even when the animation finishes it will lag for a second or two. This can be bad news if you jumped right before Weights or Landslide or for any fight involving frequent AoEs. Also, remember that when using Spineshatter and Dragonfire your position will not update with the server until the animation finishes. So using it to escape a Weight or a Landslide is not recommended because you'll just end up getting hit by it anyway. Jump timing is usually best figured out after having seen a fight a couple of times.

For DRGs that are new to Titan HM I'd recommend using your jumps after a Weight or Landslide and while breaking Gaols after the heart phase it's best to wait until after the Landslide to use a jump.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

People go for it for looks and its cheap. Allagan head is better though. If you want to buy af2 for drg do pants, body, and hands. The rest are better for allagan. Keep in mind though for allagan you can get body and pants from the first boss. Coil is surprisingly easy to farm, I'd save up mytho points and see what you want to buy once you get close to cap. Yes af2 pants and body are better then allagan but still would suck if you spend 825 points on pants then get allagan to drop soon after.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah definitely a good idea. Thanks :>

Banned.

BG Level

this fucking dude on the ffxiv forums swears by fracture and I believed that shit. tried a titan run without it and my parse shot up significantly. fuck fracture.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by MF Perm tha Fineass View Post
    this fucking dude on the ffxiv forums swears by fracture and I believed that shit. tried a titan run without it and my parse shot up significantly. fuck fracture.
    Yeah your Full Thrust combo averages at 216 potency vs Fracture's 220. Fracture really just burns through your TP for an insubstantial damage boost (and being able to Life Surge the last hit puts your combo ahead).

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yep, the full thrust combo is nice, especially after the impulse drive combo if you can get the timing in properly. It's good stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast