1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 5 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Matic Valefor
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

for bursty goodness i'm a fan of (get buffs/DoTs up) ->> Power Surge ->> True ->> Jump ->> Vorpal ->> Life Surge ->> Full ->> Spineshatter/DfD

can also tack on a Leg Sweep at the end if appropriate (usually is)

I haven't broken 1k yet :/ i get mid 900s a lot, but i suppose when i get relic +1 i'll see the 4-digits

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

You drg fools are seeing 4 digit numbers god damn. Don't think I've seen 600+ yet on BRD. That's sick.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Damn, with 440 str and relic+1 my highest is 988. Wanna see that 1k so bad x.x

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    You drg fools are seeing 4 digit numbers god damn. Don't think I've seen 600+ yet on BRD. That's sick.
    Different kinds of damage, DRG is designed around spike damage more than any other class with Full Thrust being 300 potency (highest of any physical skill, tied with Inner Beast).

BRD isn't about big numbers but more small numbers, those Bloodletters and Heavy shots may not do much damage on their own but you're spitting them out a lot faster.

Likewise, MNK doesn't have any high potency WS either but they get the consistent overall damage boost from GS and FoF.

Unrelated: they really need to get rid of directional requirements for combos altogether.

It's ridiculous how annoying and difficult it is to land Impulsive Drive (the first combo you want to do) on a newly engaged group of mobs, you either go for it while they're still settling into place and risk missing or waste time for them to stop moving and get it then.

Directional aspects should only effect the damage potency bonus, it should still initiate a combo from any direction with all of the additional effects (this obv goes for both DRG and MNK, the only jobs that have to care about this sort of thing).

Even when mobs aren't necessarily moving it can be impossible to see them unless they're huge boss mobs, smaller or human sized enemies can easily disappear entirely behind particle effects.

It's stuff like this that leads to people always tend to favor ranged (see: BRD) for everything (save for the token melee for LB), DRG/MNK may have more damage potential but when they can't properly utilize the skills that they have it becomes meaningless, nvm that the damage gap between melee and ranged isn't even that wide to begin with.

DRG and MNK are already the most complicated DDs as far as having to manage multiple combos and enfeebs/buffs, having the disadvantage of melee range and directional requirements just makes it worse. BRD throws out 2 DoTs and can literally spam one macro the rest of the fight while keeping an eye out for Straight Shot procs.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So Impulse > Disembowl > Chaos. Heavy > Pleb. Full Thrust combo. Reapply debuffs as needed. Throw in buffed jumps when possible. Ditch Fracture. I miss anything? Is there ever a time to throw in the slow WS?

Just hit 50. Gotta get started on gears :D

Heavy should come first, always. The piercing enfeeb from Disembowel doesn't effect DoT damage but the damage buff from Heavy does.

(I think I remember testing that at some point, someone correct me if I'm wrong about the piercing effect)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Matic Valefor
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Heavy should come first, always. The piercing enfeeb from Disembowel doesn't effect DoT damage but the damage buff from Heavy does.

(I think I remember testing that at some point, someone correct me if I'm wrong about the piercing effect)
    it also makes things easier from a cooldown management perspective to Phleb right after Heavy and then go into your Chaos combo....also can give tank an extra second to stop fucking moving and have mobs lined up for impulse to land

love not even being able to see which way lahbrea is facing under all his particle effects.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

If a Bard is in the group, I generally go Heavy -> (BfB) Chaos Combo -> Phleb -> (In.Rel) Thrust Combo -> Thrust Combo -> Heavy -> Phleb -> Chaos -> Repeat (with some intermittent non-GCD shit inbetween)

I feel the piercing resistance should be a slapped on asap to boost the party damage (with Bard). In that combo I'm able to put down the second Phleb just in time for it to wear off. It seems a lot of people are doing the Heavy -> Phleb but just curious if popping the Piercing Resistance earlier is better for overall dmg with the Bard(s)?

I hadn't really considered the piercing bonus applying to bard actually (I only recently realized that PLD+WAR is a nice combo because WAR's slashing enfeeb applies to PLD, actually a clever mechanic on SE's part).

That said I tend to skimp on Phleb a bit on mobs that don't live long in general.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    (I only recently realized that PLD+WAR is a nice combo because WAR's slashing enfeeb applies to PLD, actually a clever mechanic on SE's part)..
    Only just now realizing we don't yet have a slashing DPS.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Matic Valefor
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    If a Bard is in the group, I generally go Heavy -> (BfB) Chaos Combo -> Phleb -> (In.Rel) Thrust Combo -> Thrust Combo -> Heavy -> Phleb -> Chaos -> Repeat (with some intermittent non-GCD shit inbetween)

I feel the piercing resistance should be a slapped on asap to boost the party damage (with Bard). In that combo I'm able to put down the second Phleb just in time for it to wear off. It seems a lot of people are doing the Heavy -> Phleb but just curious if popping the Piercing Resistance earlier is better for overall dmg with the Bard(s)?
    i also prioritize Disembowel when with a bard. In fact i used to do my rotation sort of like yours, bard or no bard; i've only just started pairing heavy/phleb at the start.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Near the beginning of this thread I used to have Fracture in my rotation but the more I used it the more I noticed that it seems rather pointless altogether. Testing it with the parser on dummies yielded lower DPS.

Either ways, now I'm just resorted to the following:

Heavy Thrust -> Blood for Blood + Phlebotomize -> Impulse Drive -> Disembowel -> Chaos Thrust -> Internal Release -> True Thrust -> Vorpal Thrust -> Life Surge + Full Thrust -> Heavy Thrust -> Phlebotomize -> True Thrust -> Vorpal Thrust -> Full Thrust -> True Thrust -> Vorpal Thrust -> Full Thrust -> Back to start.

Obviously using off GCD jumps when safe. Let me know if you guys think I should be doing anything different. Do you guys think it's better to stack Blood for Blood with Full Thrust instead of Phlebotomize?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Matic Valefor
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

placement of buffs could be argued differently based on situation; but BfB is 20s duration so it should still be up for your Life Surged Full Thrust, and that rotation seems to be the best.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Timing of buffs is another can of worms, short of doing something obviously stupid I don't think any of that would be a problem... and it probably starts to come down to personal preference. I tend to sneak Leg Sweep in during the Impulse -> (Leg Sweep) -> Disembowel -> (Power Surge) -> Chaos Thrust -> (Jump)... both Chaos Thrust and Phelbotomize are the best (animation-wise) for sneaking a jump in.

If you don't mind holding up on BfB, you could try Heavy -> (Power Surge) -> Phlembotomize -> (Jump)... then use BfB after True Thrust and probably (?) get to keep it up for 2 Full Thrusts.

I've questioned if using Internal Release so close to Life Surge is smart, but came to the personal conclusion it's better to use and overlap so the cooldown is back sooner. No numbers to prove that either way through.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just finished relic tonight. I've gotten dark light accessories and waist. Any point getting the other pieces,? I'm using a mix between Heiteros (legs/body/feet) and Peltast (hands/head). Lack of crit on DL seems like a waste to purchase.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Just finished relic tonight. I've gotten dark light accessories and waist. Any point getting the other pieces,? I'm using a mix between Heiteros (legs/body/feet) and Peltast (hands/head). Lack of crit on DL seems like a waste to purchase.
    Kind of like skill speed, it's going to take some huge numbers of crit to see worthwhile results. Each point of STR is about equal to 6-7 crit. Just compare the numbers and if you are gaining 4 STR it'd take over 26 crit to come out ahead.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

anyone have/know of any good videos of DRG gameplay? curious.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    I wouldn't buy dl, I bought a full set then about a week and a half later it rest in my retainer. Example DL Body cost 825 and you can make darksteel body for a little over 1k then add 5 pieces of materia on it. Darksteel ends up being a lot better. But even then if you are farming coil / buying af2 that shit gets replaced rather quick as well and if you spiritbind to it you can't sell. Your decisions all depend on what you feel you can get accomplished.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

WRT: DL gear, wouldn't it also put you significantly lower on acc? I have DL accessories and various AK gear that have me pretty close to cap, but it looks like I would lose a lot of it going to DL gear. Especially body. :/

Never needed any acc til Coil though. I started missing on the second boss even though its level 50.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast