1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 5 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 4 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Matic Valefor
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Michaera View Post
    WRT: DL gear, wouldn't it also put you significantly lower on acc? I have DL accessories and various AK gear that have me pretty close to cap, but it looks like I would lose a lot of it going to DL gear. Especially body. :/

Never needed any acc til Coil though. I started missing on the second boss even though its level 50.
    yeah, Hetaroi body seems all around superior to DL. I've been trying out Het Body/Feet and Peltast legs instead of DL but its hard to say without parsing if its better/worse/negligible. The lower top end damage is really noticeable but the difficult part is telling whether or not the increased crits in general make up for it.

I've heard different versions of how much acc is needed for coil. going to start it soon and am curious. Think i'm around 444 atm, more if I decide to replace pelt legs with DL before I get AF2

I really feel like DL is mostly to idiot-proof oneself against bad pugs.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I feel so bloody gimp. Just attempted Ampador Keep, and I think my gear needs a huge overhaul. Any tips on where to go for gear before attempting to continue Relic quest?
    Spoiler: show
    Serpent Lieutenant's Spear
    Drachen Helm
    Drachen Mail
    Drachen Finger Gauntlets
    Aethereal Piestskin Hunting Belt
    Serpent Sergeant's Kecks
    Drachen Greaves
    Serpent Sergeant's Choker
    Aethereal Silver Ear Cuffs
    Goatskin Wristbands
    Serpent Private's Ring
    Pellast Ring

So yeah, I feel way behind in the gear, and dunno where to run to save me some headaches in the long run...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Upgrade anything pink/accessories to the lv49ish stuff (rubellite accessories in your case) asap. Not much you can do about the main slots until you get the AK gear to drop, unless you want to blow Philo on DL.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I was thinking DL waist/accessories, but I've only got 370 atm. Almost at my first piece. Basically it's get the 49 stuff, and then AK and pray?

You'll be doing AK a lot.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Granted I'm probably lucky, but in ~3 weeks total of capping Myth at AK I have almost all AK gear sets complete (missing tank head and tank/DRG/MNK hands). You'll get it eventually.

I'm torn between which DL earrings to pick, not exactly a huge difference between them but stones are precious when you're gearing 3-4 jobs and running CM drains the very life from your body.

3 crit to help out overall or 3 acc for when it starts to matter in coil.

I'm leaning towards the latter, 3 crit is great and all but once ACC starts to matter again, it's the most important thing.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Matic Valefor
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    I was thinking DL waist/accessories, but I've only got 370 atm. Almost at my first piece. Basically it's get the 49 stuff, and then AK and pray?
    Buy the best jewelry you can on AH (i started with HQ imperial choker/bracelet and some shitty STR rings) then run CM/wanderer's palace/Prae and upgrade your belt and said jewelry with DL (dont get DL choker if have HQ imp neck) because that'll probably be the best bang for your buck at first.

Then prioritize DL pieces based on whatever gives you the biggest upgrade in STR and at this point you can go back to AK, where you will still suck, but not as bad, and hopefully get Peltast legs, Het body/feet etc

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So I got Ifrit weapon 1/1 and did a AK run and got AK head, feet, legs (all in 1 run, yes lol). Was able to buy DL ring after that. Am I okay to run more AKs while I work on getting more DL accessories?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Matic Valefor
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

most definitely. Peltast head/legs beat Het head/legs, and Het feet beat Pelt feet; not sure which ones you got but doesn't matter, you'll be good.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I got all Het. Will look out for the peltast ones in the future.

Whats the word on Peltast vs Het for body/gloves?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Matic Valefor
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Het body wins because of the crit, gloves are almost identical...both sets are pretty much on the same level tbh.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Het body is better than pelt, hands are going to be about equal unless you need acc which you don't.

Use this to compare gear in the future - xivdb.com

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Cool, good to know which gears I should be looking out for. Thanks!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Granted I'm probably lucky, but in ~3 weeks total of capping Myth at AK I have almost all AK gear sets complete (missing tank head and tank/DRG/MNK hands). You'll get it eventually.
    after 3 weeks of AK to cap myth, hoplite's ring simply does not exist. I'm still stuck with a lvl 49 vit ring until next week and I can get my myth ring. I feel like such a dork with relic+1 and that ring.... /sigh

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Oh I have shit luck with the accessories. Was just speaking for main gear slots.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Which is better, Darklight Earrings of Striking or Maiming? Is the Crit+12/Acc+9 better than Crit+9/Acc+12?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It depends on your overall accuracy. The target for coils is around 470 accuracy. This is my current setup (including Darklight Earring of Striking), but I "downgrade" to Hetairos Mail when running coils for the extra accuracy until I can get Allagan Trousers of Maiming or Hero's Belt of Maiming. I'd go with whatever works best to get your target accuracy, knowing that whatever earring you choose will get replaced by an Allagan drop eventually.

Hetairos/Peltast belt is another place you can get accuracy (I don't feel DL belt is worth the stones, very small improvement by comparison).

Also Imp. Operative wrists is comparable to DL and can be melded with up to 11 ACC (same goes for Imp. Op neckpiece but DL neck has accuracy on it already, still a nice alternative).

DS body can also accept TIV ACC materia (+9 each) but between the piece itself and the materia it can be quite expensive.

edit: DS* body

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Picked up the Allagan Earring of Striking the other day for my Dragoon, saw a 1070ish Full Thrust followed by a 998 Jump right afterward on one of the mobs on Turn 4. That was pretty sexy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast