1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arcanist Thread.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by goodr View Post
    I did notice when I equip the scholar job, my MND stat goes way up. Again, can anyone confirm that our separate jobs can have separate stat distributions?
    No, there's no separate distribution.

I did notice when I equip the scholar job, my MND stat goes way up. Again, can anyone confirm that our separate jobs can have separate stat distributions?
    Jobs themselves give across the board stat boosts when equipped.

Equip a job stone -> all your stats increase by varying, and often confusing amounts (MRD -> WAR gives 10 STR but 20 INT).

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Jobs themselves give across the board stat boosts when equipped.

Equip a job stone -> all your stats increase by varying, and often confusing amounts (MRD -> WAR gives 10 STR but 20 INT).
    INT helps Overpower damage, duh. Tanaka is back!

I threw my first few points into MND thinking solely of SCH. I guess I'll keep it even-ish for if I need to go SMN. I don't like the idea of going full INT and using Cleric Stance for healing.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Any healer willing to take -20% on healing potency for the INT/MND swap needs to be shot out of a cannon.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Any healer willing to take -20% on healing potency for the INT/MND swap needs to be shot out of a cannon.
    That was my train of thought, but it seems some people were advocating putting in INT and using Cleric Stance.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Wasn't it stated officially jobs would get separate attribute allocations? I'm gonna feel pretty stupid running around on either class with points split between INT and MND.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wasn't it stated officially jobs would get separate attribute allocations? I'm gonna feel pretty stupid running around on either class with points split between INT and MND.
    No, they stated otherwise.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

They had said that they were going to have separate ones during one of the live letters I believe, but then corrected themselves when it returned from the break.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

MND vs. INT is a SCH vs. SMN decision. SMN mains should pump INT, while it makes no sense for SCH mains to pump anything but MND (especially given the damage boost and healing nerf with Cleric Stance active).

I think this is really an example of SE making you choose a path. That being said, it would be nice if ACN could equip Cleric Stance. The arbitrary class-specific restrictions on cross-class actions is rather annoying, especially when cross-classing is already so limited compared to 1.0.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I think this is really an example of SE making you choose a path.
    Which is funny considering one of the main draws of this game is the ability to change classes/jobs at almost any time on one character. I understand we can purchase an item to reset stats somehow, but it is not something that is so simple to do whenever we want.

Should have thought this through a little more I think.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The GC sells the stat reset scroll for 10k seals. Stat distribution on ACN will depend on how u wanna play ur jobs.

You can go full INT to have a badass SMN while using SCH and just ignore cleric.

You can do half/half INT/MND if u just wanna be balanced between using SMN and SCH.

Or you can be a dedicated SCH and go full MND while actively toggling Cleric.

Choice is a good thing. Decide ur playstyle and if u don't like it spend 10k seals to reset.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    The GC sells the stat reset scroll for 10k seals. Stat distribution on ACN will depend on how u wanna play ur jobs.

You can go full INT to have a badass SMN while using SCH and just ignore cleric.

You can do half/half INT/MND if u just wanna be balanced between using SMN and SCH.

Or you can be a dedicated SCH and go full MND while actively toggling Cleric.

Choice is a good thing. Decide ur playstyle and if u don't like it spend 10k seals to reset.
    Edit:

nm

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Let me rephrase this to underscore the strange, artificial boundary. It is easier and cheaper for me to switch between playing Scholar + Black Mage than Scholar + Summoner.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't know if this was posted but sch's fairy deactivated lamp by itself in hak manor dungeon

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    Don't know if this was posted but sch's fairy deactivated lamp by itself in hak manor dungeon
    That's unexpected. Was it positioned pretty close? I'll have to test this out when I get home.

anyone else been parsing acn/smn in dungeons? Output has been extremely low so far.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's unexpected. Was it positioned pretty close? I'll have to test this out when I get home.
    Not really I was running to other corner and the fairy was running ahead of me. Deactived lamp faster than me lol

E before O except before E-I-E-I-O.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kyleen Garaka
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I keep getting overwhelmed in the ACN 20 quest. I've tried going about it in different ways, but it generally ends up going south around the time the THM show up. Any tips on how to get past this?

Topaz Carby, use lvl 20 weapon.
    Keep killing anything in sight and priority on mages.
    Let Guildmaster tank even her HP is low. As long as you kill Mages quick enough, you are winning.

E before O except before E-I-E-I-O.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kyleen Garaka
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks. ' ')/